JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I'm stocked well and good. If I get an itch I can scratch it with PMF's or tinkering with AR uppers.... but the biggin... if this laws stands + kotex leading our state even further down the crapper + the inevitable triggering of even more infringments... I'll be voting with my feet!!

I voted no. I have everything I need except reloading materials of which I will stock up on. Believe me Oregon is not done unless the courts step in. I will not have anything to do with BM114. Too old and to independent.

No

In addtion to most of the other points mentioned firearms have always been a fun, and self funding, hobby for me and I have more than once been accused of only 'renting' firearms :) Sometimes I make a little, sometimes I lose a little, but it's not really about making money, it's about getting to have fun. At this point I believe 114 will add enough burden to make the hobby aspect no longer enjoyable.

Please note: YES!! all the privacy, registry, overreach and all the other 114 issues DO matter to me, this is just another aspect that I haven't seen addressed

If my last couple don't clear background on time they are going straight on to Gunbroker.

I'm stocked well and good. If I get an itch I can scratch it with PMF's or tinkering with AR uppers.... but the biggin... if this laws stands + kotex leading our state even further down the crapper + the inevitable triggering of even more infringments... I'll be voting with my feet!!
Prepare for tax and spend hell.

Voted no, as for filling the void as your call it, I am done with buying new guns as at 75 and no family to leave them to, it wouldn't be worth the money to amass more guns.

Jack

I despise permits to carry too, which is why I never got instant bg check approvals.
Does it suck? Yes. Is it fair? No. life often is not. WA was ahead of a LOT of the US on the CC thing. Long before I even was old enough to buy a hand gun anyone here could get a CPL. Is was may issue but it was a rubber stamp. They asked you why you wanted a permit and it did not seem to matter what you said, they gave it to you. At that time not many states worked like this. Can't remember when we went "Shall Issue". In early 90's when I came back and went to get another permit the question was still on the form. Gal at the counter crossed it out with a pen saying "we can't ask you that anymore". It was nice that it also waved the (at that time) 5 day wait on a handgun too but that was just icing on the cake. I just wanted to carry.
Now assuming gun owners stay head in sand here we will no doubt end up with some version of a FOID card here. I will not like it but I will ad that to my CPL. Be kind of nice if they could just put both on the same card.

No. I'm relatively young and have few roots here, and most of those are planning to leave if this stands when they can afford it.

Already have a 3d printer and wanting to learn how to machine anyways. I did buy like 5 new guns to fill out my (again relatively young, only been stable enough to afford guns for a few years now) collection over the last few days and the stuff still on my list is proving hard to find.

I will probably get booed for this, but......... I want to say NO, but I have to be honest with myself. I will probably want to buy something in the next 20 years that I can't get without one. If I don;t have the opportunity to move out of state in the next 5 years, then realistically I probably will get the permit.

I am already on a lot of lists. What is one more?

I didn't vote because I don't really know yet. I've already had one nephew flee the state to freer pastures. I'm kinda stuck due to not wanting to uproot a couple of older relatives (mom for one). I'm not young myself though, so they won't be around forever, which would change the equation. Because I'm not young, many of the very valid concerns others have don't really play heavily on my mind. I'm probably already on whatever gun owner "lists" already in existence. What's one more gonna hurt?

I've done some trading with private parties in the last few years, but the only new guns I've acquired were won at either the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation or Friends of NRA banquets. I wonder if either of those entities will even be able to have a successful banquet in Oregon post Measure 114. I've never been to the Oregon Hunters Association banquets (I am a member), but I wonder about them as well. All of those banquets rely heavily on firearms as part of their fundraising.

I voted no for a lot of the reasons the others gave.

It absolutely sickens me when I consider the abject reality of this and am really hoping something dramatic happens to negate 114 entirely.

As some others have stated, did not vote because I don't know yet.

Hard to fathom that they can make this stick.

Thinking there may be many more private trade transactions in the future. Not be me of course….

Never thought I'd live to see the day that an old bumper sticker I have hanging on the wall in my reloading room would come true.

It says….. when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

I think people are going to have to pretty much say, "F'em" and will have no choice but to sell firearms person to person outside of this B.S. The end result is that these Levo idiots and the fake priest guy will have massively expanded the black market in OR, which makes it easier for criminals to get guns.

F'ing idiots. They are creating the exact opposite of their "claimed" intention of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

I think people are going to have to pretty much say, "F'em" and will have no choice but to sell firearms person to person outside of this B.S. The end result is that these Levo idiots and the fake priest guy will have massively expanded the black market in OR, which makes it easier for criminals to get guns.

F'ing idiots. They are creating the exact opposite of their "claimed" intention of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.
That is precisely my prediction. P2P is going to go through the roof. Folks will probably stay on the straight and narrow for awhile, but if it drags on month after month with not even a permit option.... it's only a matter of time before even the "generally law abiding" just say "F'em".

For most it isn't far enough in the past for us to forget what it used to be like before 941 and are still peeved over it. It won't take much to push them over the edge and revert.

My real question is how many will claim "no" on the internet but in secret will go get the permit? No reason to lie. Hahaha

There's no "I don't know" option?

I don't know.
I don't really give a bubblegum if they have me on a list.
It rubs me raw that we have to pay, like it's a privilege, to own a fire arm?
After what they did with concealed carry permits? Raising the prices, even though hate us? They're glad to take our money! :mad: Now a class is going to cost money, and a permit to purchase will cost money. AND they get to bubblegum you from behind every 5 years even though you have a CCP!!!

The whole damndable thing is a democraptic scam!!!!

So, to the question? I don't know. But right now I don't feel like I'm going to. Screw them all. I can't think of anything I want/need. Not buying anything else will mean I won't need another safe. My purchases have been either spur of the moment buys, but if I don't have the card that will likely eliminate that option. Or something I've had in my head for a long time and stumble on it, or decide to look for and end up buying.

You know what the worst thing might be? Has anybody been given serious though to what this is going to do to gun shows? I/we get a huge amount of pleasure going to the local, small gun shows. The ARPC show is like a yearly trip to Disney Land for us. The local WA/OR collectors shows are twice a month. I go and see and chat with people I've come to know. Learn about the old guns people have on their tables. Really never go to buy, though I take some money with me and sometimes find small thing(s) that I can use. God Dammit! I just bet all those people with the tables at these shows are as crushed feeling as I am over losing these shows.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top