JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I got one NIB for $150 shipped recently. The glock frames are easy. Their are lots of options that are quite simple. I do not expect my esun PLA+ to go out any time soon. The frames tend to be slightly bulkier than say, a p80, but a lot of these have 10k + in testing. Heck, you can even use the 3d prints to build machines that rifle barrels.
I am curious what you do for a living. Does it have anything to do with a related field? Or did you just pick this printer up as a hobby on a whim? How many years experience do you have with firearms or creating parts?

I just gave up on a gun I was interested in because of multiple reviews mentioning manufacturing defects. Manufacturing defects from an American gun making company.

But those in the general public in unrelated fields are supposed to just pick up a printing guns side hobby and test them ourselves and expect good results from the raw materials that would have been need to have been purchased?

I have a bridge for sale, if you're interested.

Elitist? Snobbish?
There are real people here that stand for something and don't buy yellow Krylon from Home Depot. I figured approximately 15% would bend a knee to the crown.

We've watched many states give an inch and look at what happens. I'm sure as a discerning student of history you can tell me where mass compliance to a government has played out in a groups best interests.

BTW: here is MY political compass results. I'm pretty bubbleguming close to the center and imagine how many aren't.

View attachment 1336031

There are enough grey folks here who don't give a bubblegum. When mass noncompliance to an unconstitutional law happens there is freedom.
For a long reply, you didn't really say much to counter my observation.

I am curious what you do for a living. Does it have anything to do with a related field? Or did you just pick this printer up as a hobby on a whim? How many years experience do you have with firearms or creating parts?

I just gave up on a gun I was interested in because of multiple reviews mentioning manufacturing defects. Manufacturing defects from an American gun making company.

But those in the general public in unrelated fields are supposed to just pick up a printing guns side hobby and test them ourselves and expect good results from the raw materials that would have been need to have been purchased?

Boy, your pretty nosey aren't you? And confrontational! Amazing how much can be learned about people here by just reading. Kind of like that more listening and less talking thing?

Boy, your pretty nosey aren't you? And confrontational! Amazing how much can be learned about people here by just reading. Kind of like that more listening and less talking thing?
If expressing confusion as to how those in this thread can expect new gun owners to go out and get a 3D printer right and left makes me "nosey," maybe you should try more than one website every now and then to help your tunnel vision.

Not everyone who's rights are affected by this lives in a armed bunker in the woods or up in the hills have eyes.

maybe you should try more than one website every now and then to help your tunnel vision.
I preferer quality, comfortable discussion forums. With quality intelligent, more mature*, considerate people.

*Sometime the maturity factor may be questionable. But that is mostly in the name of fun.

Whim actually. I am a psych nurse. Firearms owner since age 12. Creating parts... ...to what? I mean I have repaired broken things all my life. It is part of growing up dirt poor.

It is not hard at all to get good results. I like making things, so use of tools is something I am okay at. But essentially it goes like this.
Download file. Convert it into code for your printer by using a program that does this (a slicer) automatically. Use reccomended settings, and let that sucker print.

Season 3 Trolling GIF by Paramount+

It really is. One must stay the course and show no signs of wavering.

Trolling is MY past time.

And when it comes to professions:
I have degrees in horticulture, own two Priuses and don't eat a lot of meat even if I'm a fat bastard.

Plenty of time to do a lot of things if you really want to and have the ability to learn. As a matter of fact my sons been running his printer since Christmas making stuff.

I preferer quality, comfortable discussion forums. With quality intelligent, more mature*, considerate people.

*Sometime the maturity factor may be questionable. But that is mostly in the name of fun.
Interesting you infer those on me when I originally visited this poll to see what other options existed and found that most of the answers here fall into:

A. Haves pointing and laughing at have nots
B. Basic keyboard warrior f the gov
C. A who's who of who has 3D printers

I asked what other alternatives exist and any expanding questions to try to relate as I'm new to gun ownership and everyone poops themselves, and scatter like roaches in the light.
I have a perfectly reasonable thread on here where I am trying to learn about concealed carry and ankle specifically. I was trying to be perfectly reasonable in here but the "answers" and attitudes here are unreasonable for the majority of the general public so I got a little sarcastic.
My bad. Maybe y'all should be a little more understanding or even helpful for the 15% that again, haven't already been doing this thing half their life. Not all of us are here because we know how to proceed, some of us are here to figure out HOW to proceed, and "I don't know you", or "just go buy a 3D printer its 5 easy" doesn't seem approachable.

I'll stay out of this thread since, as it doesn't seem to actually be trying to help the 15%, sorry for offending you Mikej.

I voted no, and as to the OP's request to explain how I might "fill the void...", I'll revert to a phrase my father implemented regarding "difficult" subjects (and God help you if you ignored it):

"We don't talk about that."

By implementing laws against behavior that harms no one, the government made me a criminal years ago.

Whim actually. I am a psych nurse. It is not hard at all to get good results.
Ok fair enough. That makes this option more relatable, thanks for your honesty. How did you go about safety testing? I'd be concerned it might blow up in my hand or something.

Are the materials not difficult or reasonably priced to get? Don't need a home build turning into a 1K or something ridiculous.

And haven't they been going after "ghost guns" for a while now, what if they outlaw that with SB 314 or something? Won't that negate the use of printing?

Interesting you infer those on me when I originally visited this poll to see what other options existed and found that most of the answers here fall into:

A. Haves pointing and laughing at have nots
B. Basic keyboard warrior f the gov
C. A who's who of who has 3D printers

I asked what other alternatives exist and any expanding questions to try to relate as I'm new to gun ownership and everyone poops themselves, and scatter like roaches in the light.
I have a perfectly reasonable thread on here where I am trying to learn about concealed carry and ankle specifically. I was trying to be perfectly reasonable in here but the "answers" and attitudes here are unreasonable for the majority of the general public so I got a little sarcastic.
My bad. Maybe y'all should be a little more understanding or even helpful for the 15% that again, haven't already been doing this thing half their life. Not all of us are here because we know how to proceed, some of us are here to figure out HOW to proceed, and "I don't know you", or "just go buy a 3D printer its 5 easy" doesn't seem approachable.

I'll stay out of this thread since, as it doesn't seem to actually be trying to help the 15%, sorry for offending you Mikej.
Showing you the way to avoid having to be part of the registry is in no way mocking. It is trying to let you know that there are ways that are not that hard.

And I have had firearms more than 2/3 my life. I have accumulated a fair few. I am planning on leaving Oregon, but in all honesty, I should be done with buying guns anyway. Point of reference, I am on federal registries for NFA items. So you can infer that I am someone who has significant time and money in my personal collection.

In fact, I am more likely to sell a bunch than buy a bunch.

I voted no, and as to the OP's request to explain how I might "fill the void...", I'll revert to a phrase my father implemented regarding "difficult" subjects (and God help you if you ignored it):

"We don't talk about that."

By implementing laws against behavior that harms no one, the government made me a criminal years ago.
As hopefully a future concealed carry owner, but new to this market, thanks for that honest answer. Helps put more of this in a realistic perspective. I guess this is why USCCA or whatever is a thing.

Ok fair enough. That makes this option more relatable, thanks for your honesty. How did you go about safety testing? I'd be concerned it might blow up in my hand or something.

Are the materials not difficult or reasonably priced to get? Don't need a home build turning into a 1K or something ridiculous.

And haven't they been going after "ghost guns" for a while now, what if they outlaw that with SB 314 or something? Won't that negate the use of printing?
the receivers don't take much abuse on a glock frame. PLA plus is around $20 a kg. The designs I am using are heavily tested. Frankly, I have tested using a heavy leather glove as the primary problem I could forsee was a broken grip as I am using glock parts for the upper. The AR designs I have done the receiver is also under minimal stress. It could crack, but said crack would not be catastrophic. The FCG with ECG rifled Barrel I have not done. The test would require a jig as I would want to test my barrel away from it.

P320 80% is also a good choice if you have a dremel and a drill press. That I had the best results with. (Mine ran smoother than the sig)

Showing you the way to avoid having to be part of the registry is in no way mocking. It is trying to let you know that there are ways that are not that hard.

And I have had firearms more than 2/3 my life. I have accumulated a fair few. I am planning on leaving Oregon, but in all honesty, I should be done with buying guns anyway. Point of reference, I am on federal registries for NFA items. So you can infer that I am someone who has significant time and money in my personal collection.

In fact, I am more likely to sell a bunch than buy a bunch.
To be honest yes you have been very helpful and informative the more we have talked and thanks for that. Initially 3D printing sounded like a "well if there's a will there's a way" BS answer to my inquiring, but unrealistic. I will be looking into this more so I at least have the knowledge. Thanks for that!

No.
I was already planning of moving out of this state this next spring. I'm moving to a very friendly state for firearms (for now). Sad to say goodbye to my home but, the people here are driving me out!

To be honest yes you have been very helpful and informative the more we have talked and thanks for that. Initially 3D printing sounded like a "well if there's a will there's a way" BS answer to my inquiring, but unrealistic. I will be looking into this more so I at least have the knowledge. Thanks for that!
Check out the gatalog. Lots of designs.

I did look at that, at first glance it's intimidating, thus my assuming it was designed for those with industry know how or crossover training. I'll look into it more carefully, thanks for the resource.
A lot of the individual files have complete walkthroughs. One even has a PDF coloring book of instructions. And yes, a lot of the instructions are hilarious.

Ivanthetroll's work is generally pretty no nonsense and heavily tested and thorough.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top