JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I voted "Yes" only because I want to purchase more firearms and I don't have access to a 3D printer.

I will have to look more into options like legally purchasing in other states.

Open to other suggestions as well, I'm new to acquiring firearms.
People purchased firearms before the government was involved. They also made them.

Just saying.

Same as requiring a literacy test to vote.

We did not say that we would not make our own firearms.
Yeah, basically they're saying they'll make their own, then shame us for following the only "legal" method that may be left for purchasing, and saying "screw you" to the rest of us for not having or knowing anyone with a 3D printer haha. Seems like more of a troll pool than actually trying to be helpful or informative.

So are all the people saying they aren't going to apply for a permit just going to not acquire anymore firearms? I guess they win then…
After this BS horribly written law is wiped out in court? Sure, I will buy them then.

Now, while the law is enjoined? Sure, if I needed/wanted more I would buy them now.

Build my own (as Nick Burkhardt said)? Sure.

Sign up on a gun registry controlled by an a rabid anti-gun state government, and then forever be subject to their rules (which will only get stricter and stricter)? NO I WILL NOT. I would rather just keep the guns I have and only build more than ever do that.

You said, "they win then" but don't you see that it is a much bigger win for them if you voluntarily sign up on their gun registry. The registry (aka "permit") can be used in the future to regulate/control your use of them and even your right to have them. Don't think about just today, think about how they will be controlling you in the future armed with that registry. They can pass any laws they want that you will have to follow if you want to keep the guns on the registry. For example right now in WA there is an existing law that allows them to do YEARLY background checks on gun owners. But guess what? They can't do it right now because they don't have a registry. But if they pass a law for a ""permit", which they are proposing right now in WA, then they can do the yearly background checks as soon as they get a system in place for it! So you'll have to go to the police station to get your yearly permission slip. And don't be surprised if in the future they add a mental health sign off from a doctor (like is required currently in hawaii), or an inspection of your home storage facility (such as exists right now in some European countries).

Also where else will that registry information end up? The third parties that get the information (as well as those the third parties pass it on to) will be also anti-gun. How will those third parties that get the information use it? To label you? To put you on an employer searchable list? to confiscate or otherwise obtain the guns? who knows.

IMO voluntarily signing up for a gun registry with a government whose stated desire is to take your guns is similar in strategy (NOT in overall effect of course) to Nazi's having Jewish people voluntarily sign up on their registry. That government wanted them gone. To do so they needed to know where they are so they could set up a system for removal. It's the same strategy here (again, NOT the same effect and I don't mean to equate genocide to this, I'm only talking about tactics/strategy used). I will not voluntarily sign up for a system to control my use of guns, can easily fall into the hands of additional anti-gun radicals and/or thieves, restrict my right to defend myself given by God and confirmed in the constitution and protect my country from tyranny if need be.

Last Edited:
Yeah, basically they're saying they'll make their own, then shame us for following the only "legal" method that may be left for purchasing, and saying "screw you" to the rest of us for not having or knowing anyone with a 3D printer haha. Seems like more of a troll pool than actually trying to be helpful or informative.
An ender 3 is inexpensive. Now, go to the gatalog and find out what that ender 3 can do legally.

3D printers and their products have a limited use and serviceable lifetime.

A machine shop and it's tools often last longer than the lifetime of their owners...

Invest in metals and machinery....

A machine shop and it's tools often last longer than the lifetime of their owners...

A machine shop, materials, and tools need power to create.

Someday along comes SB 214 or the apocalypse and now you can't use power for firearm manufacturing.

Might as well just switch to archery. Creating bows and arrows just takes calories.

An Ender 3 is the price of an average handgun itself. And I'm not a metal fabricator or a gunsmith. This would more likely turn into the ending of Bullet Train than be an effective self defense tool.
"This would more likely turn into the ending of Bullet Train than be an effective self defense tool."

That is funny since I just recently saw the ending of Bullet Train.

Shame: No.

Smiling and sitting back watching those conform to big government overreach on a right. Grinning because we know who's making a list, making a public searchable database: yes.

An Ender 3 is the price of an average handgun itself. And I'm not a metal fabricator or a gunsmith. This would more likely turn into the ending of Bullet Train than be an effective self defense tool.
I got one NIB for $150 shipped recently. The glock frames are easy. Their are lots of options that are quite simple. I do not expect my esun PLA+ to go out any time soon. The frames tend to be slightly bulkier than say, a p80, but a lot of these have 10k + in testing. Heck, you can even use the 3d prints to build machines that rifle barrels.

While I to an extent am doing so, dozens of servicable firearms can be made on a cheap 3d printer. Cost could be anywhere from 200-500. That does not scratch the surface of a machine shop

Shame: No.

Smiling and sitting back watching those conform to big government overreach on a right. Grinning because we know who's making a list, making a public searchable database: yes.
Exactly, seems like an overall snobbish, elitist attitude in this thread.

When rights are removed, that doesn't leave most of the general public legitimate legal ways to exercise their rights.

Not much practical sense in using a firearm in self defense if it lands you in prison due to how you obtained it.

While the established gun community is busy grinning and sitting back about this, do you think the end result will drive the more desperate people to buy 3D printers, or just start breaking into all the 2A and tatted up and flagged vehicles?

Exactly, seems like an overall snobbish, elitist attitude in this thread.

When rights are removed, that doesn't leave most of the general public legitimate legal ways to exercise their rights.

Not much practical sense in using a firearm in self defense if it lands you in prison due to how you obtained it.

While the established gun community is busy grinning and sitting back about this, do you think the end result will drive the more desperate people to buy 3D printers, or just start breaking into all the 2A and tatted up and flagged vehicles?
Elitist? Snobbish?
There are real people here that stand for something and don't buy yellow Krylon from Home Depot. I figured approximately 15% would bend a knee to the crown.

We've watched many states give an inch and look at what happens. I'm sure as a discerning student of history you can tell me where mass compliance to a government has played out in a groups best interests.

BTW: here is MY political compass results. I'm pretty bubbleguming close to the center and imagine how many aren't.

D9EF4EEE-3316-4A40-8331-BCF86DDC27EA.jpeg

There are enough grey folks here who don't give a bubblegum. When mass noncompliance to an unconstitutional law happens there is freedom.

I also watched supposed free thinkers line up to get a government forced injection. Not one, not two, not three but FOUR and then they claim to not have a yellow stripe.

Now what I really see is older generations that are close to or in retirement not wanting to rock the boat that bubblegums up their income from retirement. I see that generation doing the most damage with their voting block. They've bubblegumed bubblegum up so much in the last 40 years that their children (myself) are looking at them as total cowards because our generation has been at the whim of their voting bubblegumstorm. We have had no way to change anything from 2000 and further. That's ok though, their generation is dying off and it's time for the scrappers that got screwed as soon as they got out of high school by their boomer parents to make a change so our kids can have the same freedoms we want for us today.

Fudds and Boomers alike will hold fast to 'we had those freedoms but you aren't responsible enough for them…'

Well, you Mr Fudd are closer to death than we are.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top