JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
No ill just do home builds, or use my 03 FFL out of state. Though most likely I will move because I'm in my 20s and when I have a kid I really want them to experience freedom in some form and I know they won't have that saidly in Oregon. Plus the education system is horrible here from what I've seen school libraries pushing books on gun control and gender identity. Plenty of better states I'm sick of being tax cattle for all the crap this state does. Tired of it federally but at least I could go to a better state. At this point I'm likely doing it even if 114 gets beat. It's a shame this state has gotten so bad none of my fiends want to live here long term as well and we liked it a bit better when we were younger.

Last Edited:
Maybe someone did but there are a lot here getting older or already acquired all we need. I don't have a bunch of people to pass my guns on to. More guns more hassle. If I already have 15-20 guns, why go thru the crap for one more?

What I see when people say no, it's for them. No shaming anyone who wants to go through the hoops.
Saidly this state makes it hard to find someone who would want your guns with the transfer issues going on and most dealers only calling in checks for stuff they sale. Tho gun show u can still manually call as private party

I sadly was on a database for California when I registered my so-called assault weapons.

It resulted in my aunt dying of a stroke while the ambulance waited and it got me detained in an LAPD squad car.
When I saw the computer screen up front , it showed my name and various firearms and in big bold letters.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: REGISTERED ASSAULT WEAPONS IN THE PREMISES.
LAPD had to search my safe before allowing LAFD to enter my house. My aunt died that day when seconds count.

While I do have NFAs...it's private information and it isn't abused like the state system does.
OSP shares your information internationally also. I entered Canada and they had on their database that I have a CCW.

When I renewed my teaching license for TSPC , they don't show what firearms I bought but it does show HITS...OFF said there is nothing they can do about it and not to worry. But it does raise eyebrows at this agency when they see someone with a lot of hits. It basically means they did a records check when I buy a firearm.

For now...no more...no thanks.
Wait so how did tspc show it? I suspected it but didn't ever know for sure or what they share and to who

Even with people voting against it, we all know Oregon laws are decided by Portland and Eugene. So if you live outside of those counties your just a formality when it comes to voting. I mean I knew the idiots that live here in Benton county would vote for it, they think the sun rises and sets in the Willamette Valley with zero risk to property or self. The Libs here are more than happy to vote your rights away so they can sleep better at night knowing that 30 round mag next door is not going to walk over beat down their door and hurt them.
It's partly how toxic corvallis schools are that convinced me I couldn't teach in oregon

Nope.... Spent 10k in the last 2 months buying the last of my grail guns and other than that I have all that I could need or want. My name will never go in a public registry. F the state...

Just a passing thought, but if this public registry crap ends up going active I bet a lot of CHL holders are going to be shocked to see their personal data in there... even if they refuse to apply for a hall pass from teacher to exercise their inalienable right to own a smoke maker.

I wouldn't be the least shocked either if anyone who has filled out a 4473 in the recent past ends up in that database as well.... even if they don't have a CHL.

114 basically just legitimizing what illegal records they already have, but continue to deny.

Wait so how did tspc show it? I suspected it but didn't ever know for sure or what they share and to who
TSPC shows that OSP got HITS on me. It means that someone initiated a background check. That is all TSPC is allowed to know. Although that is all they are allowed to tell me.
But when a school district or ESD initiates a check and ask to see my teaching degree, it comes with a records check. It shows that OSP was contacted for a records check.
I interviewed for one school district years ago and while we were all chewing the fat, the administrator asked me "why so many hits from OSP?" "Are you interviewing with other districts? Or building an arsenal?"
I opted to say that I was interviewing around.

So THEY know and others know you are purchasing a firearm but they don't know what you are purchasing. They just know a records check was initiated.

No ill just do home builds, or use my 03 FFL out of state. Though most likely I will move because I'm in my 20s and when I have a kid I really want them to experience freedom in some form and I know they won't have that saidly in Oregon. Plus the education system is horrible here from what I've seen school libraries pushing books on gun control and gender identity. Plenty of better states I'm sick of being tax cattle for all the crap this state does. Tired of it federally but at least I could go to a better state. At this point I'm likely doing it even if 114 gets beat. It's a shame this state has gotten so bad none of my fiends want to live here long term as well and we liked it a bit better when we were younger.
Unfortunately Oregon seems desperate to turn into a California clone.

TSPC shows that OSP got HITS on me. It means that someone initiated a background check. That is all TSPC is allowed to know. Although that is all they are allowed to tell me.
But when a school district or ESD initiates a check and ask to see my teaching degree, it comes with a records check. It shows that OSP was contacted for a records check.
I interviewed for one school district years ago and while we were all chewing the fat, the administrator asked me "why so many hits from OSP?" "Are you interviewing with other districts? Or building an arsenal?"
I opted to say that I was interviewing around.

So THEY know and others know you are purchasing a firearm but they don't know what you are purchasing. They just know a records check was initiated.
That's really retarded they get to know that. I guess it's a plus with substituting that the districts don't know probably. I really have grown to hate this currupt state over time

Don't live in OR but the way this is going I can easily see it coming to WA. If they decide we need some version of a FOID card here I will go get one just like I keep a permit to carry. Will I like it? No.
Inslee says they are definitely coming to WA this next legislative session, despite the fact that they are already on very shaky ground since Bruen.

Inslee says they are definitely coming to WA this next legislative session, despite the fact that they are already on very shaky ground since Bruen.
Hell he got in for another term so why not. People like him could care less how much money they waste fighting it. It is amazing he has not managed to get a state income tax yet. People keep voting him and his buddies in so they can enjoy the new taxes. Gas is going to get hit with a 50 cent increase next month. When they get the state income tax I hope all those morons who voted him back in enjoy complaining about it. They will like always blame it on people not even in power here of course. 🤬

3D printed AR-9 Lower
1672381641880.png

I feel pretty strongly that NO I will not apply for a permit to purchase a firearm not just on the base "Right To Bear Arms" constitutional platform but I don't trust my name and personal information not to be used inappropriately or leaked/hacked by "mistake".

How will I fill that void in my gun buying? Well I have a Ghost Gunner arriving at some point, so depending how the ATF 80% rule goes and how difficult it is to actually use the GG3 I'll at least be able to make project guns for me and the kids to take shooting. 5-10 Year plan: move out of Oregon and this west coast BS.

Well I have a Ghost Gunner arriving at some point, so depending how the ATF 80% rule goes and how difficult it is to actually use the GG3 I'll at least be able to make project guns for me and the kids to take shooting. 5-10 Year plan: move out of Oregon and this west coast BS.
The GG3 can do 0% lowers too, but I'm not a fan of the 2 piece lower. I have considered picking one up since they first came out years ago, but I don't have the volume to justify the cost. Given they keep expanding it's capabilities though, the temptation keeps getting stronger.

https://ghostgunner.net/zero-percent/

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads