JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I asked what other alternatives exist and any expanding questions to try to relate as I'm new to gun ownership and everyone poops themselves, and scatter like roaches in the light.
If you read through the thread there was good amount on building 80%'s to fill the need for more firearms. Personally... I don't see 3D printers as a valid option. I like to build them once and not have to worry about reliablity or how long they will function. That's just me. YMMV.

Humor included in the instructions, that sounds right up my alley! Were you at all nervous testing it? Did you use some sort of machine, or just take it to the range and hope for the best?
Took it to the range and fired it off. I was confident in the glock upper. Since the receiver is not under a tremendous amount of stress the damage risk felt managable I wore a heavy glove and did wear a face shield when first firing. My concern was if the plastic fractured, it might cause a cut, but PLA+ is tough stuff. A lot of these exist in the 10k+ round count. For what its worth, I don't really give it a second thought anymore.

And it worked. With a 3d printed AR lower I had no concerns whatsoever. The lower receiver does not take a ton of punishment. The ones with replacable or U bolt reinforced buffer towers work best.

If you read through the thread there was good amount on building 80%'s to fill the need for more firearms. Personally... I don't see 3D printers as a valid option. I like to build them once and not have to worry about reliablity or how long they will function. That's just me. YMMV.
To be honest I stopped paying attention when people started admitting they were laughing at others so you are likely correct that I missed those.

I am just getting into this world, so I know no more in practicality about 80%s than I do 3D printing. I have heard "them" trying to outlaw those as well, so I wonder how long that would be a "legally" viable option.

Took it to the range and fired it off. I was confident in the glock upper. Since the receiver is not under a tremendous amount of stress the damage risk felt managable I wore a heavy glove and did wear a face shield when first firing. My concern was if the plastic fractured, it might cause a cut, but PLA+ is tough stuff. A lot of these exist in the 10k+ round count. For what its worth, I don't really give it a second thought anymore.

And it worked. With a 3d printed AR lower I had no concerns whatsoever. The lower receiver does not take a ton of punishment. The ones with replacable or U bolt reinforced buffer towers work best.
Awesome info, thanks for elaborating, this can be an initially daunting concept.

To be honest I stopped paying attention when people started admitting they were laughing at others so you are likely correct that I missed those.

I am just getting into this world, so I know no more in practicality about 80%s than I do 3D printing. I have heard "them" trying to outlaw those as well, so I wonder how long that would be a "legally" viable option.
Brandon has tried and weaponized the alphabets to do just that, but it failed flat on it's face... no significant changes and all are still fully legal. Regardless, there has been a lawsuit resulting in an injunction and a summary dismissal petition was recently filed. Without an act of congress to change the definitions of a "firearm", it's not likely to ever stick.

The exception being in some states that have prohibited them to one degree or another. Those laws are likely to face successful challenges as well.

That doesn't mean it's still not a good idea to stock up on any frames or receivers you might plan to build out in the future.

Well...!! Brandon made me a liar! :s0140::s0140::s0140:

He just got diddlebender to make all 80% frames "firearms" overnight yesterday evening. They now require a serial number and FFL without exception. Undoubtedly in retaliation for the court petition to throw out the "new rule" in it's entirety.

Without warning or regard to MFG's (which I'm sure it was the plan to do as much damage to the industry as possible).

Disregard most of the 80% talk above... for now. The open letter from the alphabet seemed to only address frames, but I'm sure receivers won't be far behind. Bucking fastards making laws on a whim as they go.

Some of the MFG's still have a protective innjunction, as do their customers, but we'll have to see how this shakes out. I smell another emergency injunction filing coming.

@killing field Remember just last night we were talking about folks saying you should stock up now while you can? "Here's your sign....!" :s0140:

Last Edited:
Yeah, basically they're saying they'll make their own, then shame us for following the only "legal" method that may be left for purchasing, and saying "screw you" to the rest of us for not having or knowing anyone with a 3D printer haha. Seems like more of a troll pool than actually trying to be helpful or informative.
Maybe someone did but there are a lot here getting older or already acquired all we need. I don't have a bunch of people to pass my guns on to. More guns more hassle. If I already have 15-20 guns, why go thru the crap for one more?

What I see when people say no, it's for them. No shaming anyone who wants to go through the hoops.

Fudds and Boomers alike will hold fast to 'we had those freedoms but you aren't responsible enough for them…'

Well, you Mr Fudd are closer to death than we are.
Well, I am not a FUDD, but I guess I qualify as a boomer due to my birth date.

I did not get the injection, I don't buy into everything the government says and I certainly believe everyone deserves the freedoms that I have had over my 75 years.

Jack

P.S. We don't need any more gun laws. In fact, we need less. Starting with the repeal of the GCA '68 and the 1934 NFA

Brandon has tried and weaponized the alphabets to do just that, but it failed flat on it's face... no significant changes and all are still fully legal. Regardless, there has been a lawsuit resulting in an injunction and a summary dismissal petition was recently filed. Without an act of congress to change the definitions of a "firearm", it's not likely to ever stick.

The exception being in some states that have prohibited them to one degree or another. Those laws are likely to face successful challenges as well.

That doesn't mean it's still not a good idea to stock up on any frames or receivers you might plan to build out in the future.
Good thoughts, thanks!

I'd recommend getting an AR 80% er. The 80% P320s should be unaffected by this rule as well as you have to do some fairly serious drilling to get your places for a sear to sit.among other things.

I'd recommend getting an AR 80% er. The 80% P320s should be unaffected by this rule as well as you have to do some fairly serious drilling to get your places for a sear to sit.among other things.
It might be affected as it is for a striker fired pistol but it's not similiar to lone wolf and poly80 so maybe they will let those slide?

It might be affected as it is for a striker fired pistol but it's not similiar to lone wolf and poly80 so maybe they will let those slide?
They are a whole different level of work and they mentioned polymer frames. The rule didn't seem to apply to me, but then I do not need any more pistols at this point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top