JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you carry in bars/when drinking in public?

• Total voters
My wife and I like to have dinner at 'Lil Cooperstown, which is a sports bar/restaurant. She is diabetic and I am a recovering alcoholic with 17+ years of sobriety, so she enjoys a margarita or two while I have my Diet Coke and something yummy and full of sugar for dessert and we both have a great time without ever having any concerns over who will be driving home (or carrying concealed). We never hang out in the bar though, just the dining room. Other than that, I have no reason or desire to ever set foot in a bar.

Yes my wife goes for the margarita as well. Sometimes when we meet up with friends more than her fair share. If she goes out on her own she drinks one or two and then water before coming home as I am to put it mildly a little harsh about drinking and driving.
When out with me her, her friends and or my friends all seem to feel pretty comfortable as for over a decade they have known that no matter how much they drink I am always sober and take their keys. Almost got in a fight with my cousin over the keys but he gave up when I dropped the key less entry into his beer and told him the next was on me and so was his ride home. These days I do not hang out with people that over do it but as many have said a lot of people do not know their going beyond that point. I cannot sit there sober and let them drive or do anything stupid.
My cousin leaves the gun behind as he knows he has a little anger sometimes when drinking. He always carries other than that and the only time him, drinking, and a gun almost turned into trouble is him spouting to a guy that rooster blocked him and saying "my cousin will shoot you". I simply said "no sir I will not and do no even have the means to do so" and dragged my cousin home. If I was drinking who knows. But that is why who knows is the only answer to that for me and I do not touch the stuff.

Like someone said earlier, its cheaper to drink at home and no one wants to talk to Johnny Law after a drink or two AND explain the handgun OTW or in the glove box/center console etc.

Unless you draw you need not explain anything so long as you are concealed carrying. Having OTW would be a very bad move in a bar. So would anything in plain sight. IWB under a shirt needs no explanation and you have a right to carry as such and not inform an officer that you are carrying a gun. If it came to that you already did something wrong.

Depends on the situation. If going out to dinner with the family I usually have a beer or two, yes I will still carry. Going to the bar which is very seldom probably going leave gun in car or at home, often I am going to have to drive home so drinking is limited, as I don't drink and drive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top