JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
M1 Carbines have been made since 1940 they made over 6 million during the war and the Gov. contrators were still building them in 1967. Thousands have come back in from Korea many many thousands have been sold over the years by the DCM and CMP. Carbines have been built by 1/2 dozen civilian companies. Carbines have been bought and sold on the private market with no paper work since 1946.

if they were able to use a 4473 to create a list of recent carbine buyers and the shooter ended up using one of those rifles for the cops to actually find anything would be about as likely as winning 50K at Keno.

It is just plain ol good police work, don'cha know. This slime ball deserved to get caught. I am glad they caught him. I am guessing they hit every gun shop in the area looking for .30 carbine sales in the past year or so. That wouldn't take all that long.. of course a computer would be really quick checker as well.

Brutus Out

Does WA State have a defacto gun registration database that I am unaware of?

Month-long investigation ends with arrest of murder suspect in shooting death of 15-year-old | Q13 FOX News

From the article:

How do they know who owns what? Did they go to every mfr. and trace back thru dealers?
I dunno about Washington, but Oregon State Police can keep all gun data/buyer data from an instant background check for five years.

And I have been assured that they do.
That's why I believe they don't want dealers here to be able to call the BATFE directly.

The killer had purchased a Ruger Blackhawk in 30M1 Carbine and handguns purchased through an ffl in WA are registered at the state level. That list gave them a name that matched a
name on the possible owners of the vehicle type. Outstanding police work.

As Pauly on the forum here once wrote, the government NEVER discards information on a gun purchase. Those that believe they do, or would keep their promise to do so, are naive.

As Pauly on the forum hear once wrote, the government NEVER discards information on a gun purchase. Those that believe they do, or would keep their promise to do so, are naive.

You are correct. To think the OSP or any other police agency would actually follow the law and destroy gun records, I have a cow Frisbee to sell ya cheap.

"Always disgusts me to see this type of uncletommery on supposedly pro-2A forums."

UNCLETOMMERY? What the hell? rur862 Are you making some kind of derogatory racial remark?

"Always disgusts me to see this type of uncletommery on supposedly pro-2A forums."

UNCLETOMMERY? What the hell? rur862 Are you making some kind of derogatory racial remark?
No, I think he was making a remark about boot licking types that appear to be second amendment supporters but really aren't.
Like those that support the state's infringement on the second amendment, by keeping registration records on handguns and the people that purchase them, and then hang out on pro-gun forums.

I was wondering about how a carbine owner would be in any database when I heard the story too. I understand (but dispise) the fact that there is a handgun registry in WA, but I still don't see how that helped them find this guy.

Note: I just looked into it, and apparently a Ruger Blackhawk comes as a "carbine" in .30. I had never heard of a handgun designated as a carbine before.

I was wondering about how a carbine owner would be in any database when I heard the story too. I understand (but dispise) the fact that there is a handgun registry in WA, but I still don't see how that helped them find this guy.

Note: I just looked into it, and apparently a Ruger Blackhawk comes as a "carbine" in .30. I had never heard of a handgun designated as a carbine before.

30 carbine is the cartridge designation. Not necessarily what it is fired from.

The handgun registry in WA is a fact, even if it's wrong. I can't believe the number of forum members who think the police should not have used all legal resources available to them to catch a dirtbag who gets drunk and drives around randomly shooting and kills a little girl.
Shame on you people.

The handgun registry in WA is a fact, even if it's wrong. I can't believe the number of forum members who think the police should not have used all legal resources available to them to catch a dirtbag who gets drunk and drives around randomly shooting and kills a little girl.
Shame on you people.

It is not the issue. The bigger issue is that there is a registry. You CANNOT be pro 2nd amendment and condone that !

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top