JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Florida police are investigating a dispute between George Zimmerman and his wife Shellie, who called cops and said he had his hand on his gun, an official said.

Lake Mary Police public information officer Zach Hudson said police were at the home, investigating a "possible domestic battery." George Zimmerman was being detained but had not been arrested, Hudson said.

Police received a call at 2:10 p.m. from Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week — little more than a month after he was acquitted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

She said her husband of five years was in an argument with her and her father and had has hand on his gun, Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told NBC News.

No other details were available. Attempts to reach George Zimmerman's lawyer were not immediately successful.

Shellie Zimmerman told ABC News last week her husband was "selfish" and has been making "reckless decisions."

"In my opinion, he feels more invincible" since his acquittal, she said.

After a trial that transfixed the nation, a jury found George Zimmerman, 29, not guilty in the death of Martin, 17. He argued that he shot Martin, who did not have a gun, in self-defense after being attacked.

The verdict sparked protests and debate on race and guns that stretched all the way to the White House. In the weeks since, George Zimmerman has helped rescue a family after a car wreck and been pulled over for speeding twice.

Police investigate incident between George Zimmerman, wife - U.S. News

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

WOW. His gun could have jumped out of the holster and did something bad, honest I was holding it in officer... J/K
I doubt we will see the end of anything involving GZ anytime soon with the liberal media...

Hell hath no fury like a woman who blames her husband for being wrongfully arrested and jailed for incorrectly filling out a bail application. The tinfoil hat part of me wonders if Angela Corley offered to permanently drop those charges in exchange for helping get George's gun rights revoked.

Calling all B.S. Calling all B.S.

(as in calling all cars....) I'm on this, but I can't tell the good guys from the bad guys here..and the stories are changing almost by the quarter hour.

Zimmerman in alleged domestic beef, reports say

News is flashing across the wires that George Zimmerman, acquitted two months ago in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, was detained today after his estranged wife, Shellie, reportedly called police asserting that Zimmerman threatened her with a firearm.

<broken link removed>

Yeah in divorce cases many people do whatever is necessary to gain the upper hand to get more stuff. I think it's highly plausible that shellie is lying (already lied under oath to suit her needs at the time) and now they aren't pressing charged. It will be interesting to see if the father in law actually has any injuries to his nose. I'm waiting for all the facts to come in, if there are any that can be presented or if it's just he said she said.

They will never let poor Zimmerman alone, until he gets convicted of something.

This has been going on since 2005.
This won't end until he kills someone... again.

Unless this guy just happens to have 2 ex-wifes that are both lying about domestic violence.
The cops who originally charged him with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer" must be masterminding the WHOLE THING.

Zimmerman is just obviously an innocent patsy and the whole world is against him for absolutely no reason.
Either that, or he's a violent a-hole who's enjoying all of the perks of being the son of a well connected judge.

Yeah in divorce cases many people do whatever is necessary to gain the upper hand to get more stuff. I think it's highly plausible that shellie is lying (already lied under oath to suit her needs at the time) and now they aren't pressing charged. It will be interesting to see if the father in law actually has any injuries to his nose. I'm waiting for all the facts to come in, if there are any that can be presented or if it's just he said she said.

In WA, when filing for a divorce you can ask for a restraining order and the police can then confiscate guns and CPL, but it's optional. HOWEVER, the last time I looked at the paperwork it just asked of the respondent had any guns and said nothing about it being optional and if you wanted a restraining order. Very misleading and made it look like it was mandatory.

Deen

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Unless this guy just happens to have 2 ex-wifes that are both lying about domestic violence.
The cops who originally charged him with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer" must be masterminding the WHOLE THING.

Zimmerman is just obviously an innocent patsy and the whole world is against him for absolutely no reason.
Either that, or he's a violent a-hole who's enjoying all of the perks of being the son of a well connected judge.

Gee, I wonder which "side" you're on! Seems like you're one of those that didn't like the court case outcome and can't let it go!
The local police dept. said it was self defense.
The FBI investigated and came to the same conclusion.
It wasn't till Obummer through the "Justice Dept" (what a joke) stepped in that Zim was even charged.
The persecution had so little to work with that they helped the defense more than hurt it.
6 jurors found him innocent. That's the way the laws work here.

Deen

Good lord, this is turning into another Tanya Harding thing.................................................................................
Media will be reporting this bubblegum until he gets killed by some damned hood.

In WA, when filing for a divorce you can ask for a restraining order and the police can then confiscate guns and CPL, but it's optional. HOWEVER, the last time I looked at the paperwork it just asked of the respondent had any guns and said nothing about it being optional and if you wanted a restraining order. Very misleading and made it look like it was mandatory.

Deen

You sure about that? I went through a divorce 2 years ago and I don't recall seeing anything in the paperwork where you can request a restraining order. I do however remember the BS 90 day mandatory waiting period before you could have the divorce granted. I lucked out though, no kids and no assets and we were upside down on the condo otherwise if we had stuff we could split I could see my ex pulling some BS fake police report, she was an evil crazy bipolar piece of work. I look back and wonder how I ever wound up marrying her especially since she was extremely anti gun. That should have been my first clue.

I'm calling BS on this. If he was charged with that he wasn't convicted or he wouldn't have a carry permit.

LOL.

I watched nearly every moment of Zimmermans trial in regards to the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Judge Nelson wanted Zimmermans head on a pike and was openly hostile toward Zimmerman and his defense.

The reason he wasn't convicted had nothing to do with his father and everything to do with a prosecutor, that simply had ZERO evidence to support the states theory. It was actually kinda funny watching the states witnesses support the defense theory. What a circle jerk that was.

LOL.

I watched nearly every moment of Zimmermans trial in regards to the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Judge Nelson wanted Zimmermans head on a pike and was openly hostile toward Zimmerman and his defense.

The reason he wasn't convicted had nothing to do with his father and everything to do with a prosecutor, that simply had ZERO evidence to support the states theory. It was actually kinda funny watching the states witnesses support the defense theory. What a circle jerk that was.

I watched nearly all of the trial as well I was surprised it took the jury so long to come back with not guilty as all the evidence and almost all whiteness accounts fully backed up Z's claim. The only whitenesses that didn't back up his story made claims that were impossible based on the evidence or they were heavily coached and influenced by the prosecuting attorneys and the Martin family lawyer and impeached themselves on many occasions and had been proven to have lied under oath in prior statements. I was hoping after the trial people would see the truth but the media falsely reported trial events and tried to make Z look guilty so here we are today where everything Z does we hear about and the media still tries to make him look like an evil murderous racist

The government is not done with Zimmerman. He will be set up and framed just like O.J.

Not saying O.J. wasn't a killer, but the whole Las Vegas 'get my things back while someone else has a gun' was all a setup for payback on the NG verdict of '95.

They will find a way to frame Zimmerman also. Just wait.

Christ....

Look all GZ has to do to stay out of the courts, is not be a tool.

Serious.

The whole OJ thing?

Please. All OJ had to do to stay out of prison, is not be a tool.

GZ should really, really, keep in mind, that alot of people f&^^^((g hate him.

So he should keep that Ipad smashing stuff to a minimum. Or just don't do it.

Yeah, if some prosecutor somewhere gets ahold of him, I wouldn't be surprised, (and neither should he)
if he gets the book thrown at him.

Not saying right or wrong, just how it is.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top