JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Underwood's .32 +p has 110 less ft/lbs and 15 less grain weight than their standard pressure .380 round. Not to mention 200 FPS slower. That's a strange argument to try and have. And ok, I'll keep my .380 and its FAR superior ballistics. No problem. :cool:

The Newtonian laws of physics, being what they are, requires that there is at least 100% more recoil in the .380 Auto than in the .32 Auto. Therefore it is a logical conclusion that there will be a great deal more recoil in the same size of frame than there is in the .32 Auto. This is an irrefutable fact; 14 inches of penetration in 10% ordnance gelatin is more than adequate to accomplish the task at hand.

I can empty a .32 Auto as "quick as a wink". The "Mozambique Drill" can be accomplished twice within the capacity of a single magazine in my steel-frame .32 Auto before requiring a reload.

Think about it.

The Newtonian laws of physics, being what they are, requires that there is at least 100% more recoil in the .380 Auto than in the .32 Auto. Therefore it is a logical conclusion that there will be a great deal more recoil in the same size of frame than there is in the .32 Auto. This is an irrefutable fact; 14 inches of penetration in 10% ordnance gelatin is more than adequate to accomplish the task at hand.

I can empty a .32 Auto as "quick as a wink". The "Mozambique Drill" can be accomplished twice within the capacity of a single magazine in my steel-frame .32 Auto before requiring a reload.

Think about it.
Does your .32 glow in the dark when bad guys are around?

Think about it.

Thanks again for everyone's input :)

Think I got a little more than I intended when starting this thread. Lets remember that everyone has an opinion right or wrong. There are some really exceptional and talented shooter's on this forum with a lot of knowledge.

With that said I am going to stick to a 9mm I will keep you all posted on what I decide on just in case you care. ;)

In the event that I seem to sound misguided in my .32 Auto, one must understand the viability of the Crvena Zastava M70.

The little 3.4" barreled steel pistol weighs 1.4049 pounds (22.48 ounces). While a tad heavy, it carries 8 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber. Since the the pistol is single action, it is usually carried with a round in the chamber. In an all-steel pistol of this weight, full-tilt loads aren't a problem. The little handgun is accurate and flat. The darned thing can pull off three "Mozambique Drills" without reloading. The Serbian policemen that carried my pistol probably didn't care too much about it's weight, as it was likely carried in a belt holster. It's reliable because the simple blow back operated pistol is based on the time-proven Tokarev design. It can be torn down without tools and cleaned easily and thoroughly by removing the fire-control mechanism by dropping it into your hand. Both men and women appreciate the robust simplicity of this little pistol.

Nine rounds of ammunition should accomplish the task of tearing up some miscreant at "bad breath" ranges. Using Underwood ammunition with either one or two attackers, the little pistol will usually kill the primary assailant, and give his partner second thoughts.

Zastava Arms is still manufacturing the M70 today. Don't sell it short, because it really works.

Check their site and look under their "civilian offerings".

Last Edited:
Try the P11, is a thicker grip as it is a double stack mag. And you wanted a 9mm. I've run way past 5000 rounds through mine. It also uses S&W mags. DA only, no safety, repeat strike capability.

I have a P11. it bucks fairly hard, but not to where it can't be handled. (hint: put skateboard tape on the pistol's back strap for added traction).

I found those Bersa CC grips 2 years ago on e-bay and haven't seen anything like them before, or since.

"Fortune favors the prepared"....Edna Mode

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews