JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been pocket-carrying a Ruger LCP II for the last two weeks or so. Impressions are it's FAR better than the LCP in terms of trigger, last shot slide hold-open and IMHO design. BUT....because I'm a lefty and the mag release isn't reversible I find that when I'm sitting down sometimes the mag release gets pressed, probably from my own body or objects that seem to find it.

I still haven't made up my mind on which one I'm going to get. I'm hoping that I hit the lottery and I can just buy one of each. o_O:D

I think after looking at a few its definitely between Glock 43 and Ruger LCP II

Since I own the G42 and the LCP II, I'd say for absolute pocket carry the LCP II wins all the way for a "pocket and forget it" gun. The G42/43 wins for how well I can shoot it and range gun performance.

Make sure before you buy it you load up a magazine and shake it--My Kel-Tec P-11 sounds like a rattesnake in my pocket, the extra mag is no help either

LOL, when I bought my P-11 MANY years ago I thought something was wrong with it. The mags did that rattle. Since it worked 100% I figured it would be ok. Bought a couple more mags and they did the same thing. Then found the forum dedicated to KT stuff. Found out it wasn't just mine, that was common.

Looked at one pretty hard at a pawn shop yesterday, really for the first time. I like the PPK real well and always thought of the Bersa as a knock off, but dang with grips like that I don't know...

They are certainly not for everyone but I sure like them. The first time I bought one was in the 70's IIRC. Caught my eye due to price. Had a couple more over the years. Other than the size, rather large for the caliber, I had no problem with them. When Wife stared asking about a .380 for her car I told her to try one. I had no idea they had started making a 16 round version until she came home with one. Only down side was mags. Came with 1, totally unacceptable to me. NO ONE had any. Had to get them from the importer. $200 for 4 mags, OUCH! They are well made so they will out live us. The little pistol is just plain fun to shoot too. Right after she brought it home I had to order another case of .380. :)

I still haven't made up my mind on which one I'm going to get. I'm hoping that I hit the lottery and I can just buy one of each. o_O:D

I think after looking at a few its definitely between Glock 43 and Ruger LCP II

That's me with a VERY high end 1911. Have always wanted one. Just can't bring myself to pay what a decent used car runs for one. Now if I ever hit the Lotto, will have to go out and buy at least one supper high end 1911 just for the hell of it. :)

I've been pocket-carrying a Ruger LCP II for the last two weeks or so. Impressions are it's FAR better than the LCP in terms of trigger, last shot slide hold-open and IMHO design. BUT....because I'm a lefty and the mag release isn't reversible I find that when I'm sitting down sometimes the mag release gets pressed, probably from my own body or objects that seem to find it.

I had the mag release problem with a LC9. The factory mags would release in the Barsony holster I had it in. Clear it out and the damn things fell out. It had something to do with the internal latching. I replaced the stock mags with some I bought off ebay and that problem went away. Would not surprise me if the same engineering was used in that LCP. My son has one of those and has not had a problem with it, even carrying it in coveralls and never cleaning it.

Yes I have seven pocket 380's and my personal favorite is the Colt Mustang XSP, it's not for everyone, and I don't carry it on the street, but it is primary carry in the house

I have biggish hands, too, and the Walther PPS m2 (9mm) that I fondled in the gun store the other day fits them perfectly. I've heard varying reports on the viability of this pistol for pocket carry - it is just a tiny bit on the chunky side- but I think that in a pair of work pants, or a vest, it would work just fine. The list of guns that I'm lusting after just got one item longer.....

My LGS had it in the display case when I walked in. Frankly, I wasn't even there to look for it but somehow it followed me home. They are available.

I have ended up with a couple guns this way. Just "go in to look". In one case I was out of (read could not find last bottle) of Break Free. Could not find it and ended up at a gun shop. On my way out the door I spotted a then new KT P3. I made the mistake of asking to "look". Next thing I knew I was gong home with it. Still not sure how it happened. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top