JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How will you adapt your EDC limited to 10 round magazines?

• Keep carrying a full size pistol and standard magazines

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Full size pistol with neutered 10 round magazines

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Double stack with shortened grip (G26, PPQ SC, SR9C, Original M&P 9c)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Smaller pistol built to hold 10 rounds (KelTec P-11, SCCY, Sig P365, CZ Rami)

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Stack and a half with a three finger grip (G43X or G48)

• Single stack with less than 10 rounds (1911, Kahr CT9, Bersa BP9, Sig P239, Ruger LC9s, Shield, XD)

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • A full size pistol with a larger round (40S&W, 357Sig, 45acp or 10mm)

• Other, comment below

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup, IIRC he just recently had his gun privileges revoked or whatever. Didn't stop the guy.

Apparently no one in the house had a gun like they say in Texas some people just need k...... . This was one .If anything this should be a call for citizens to be armed with their choice of gun.

My basic carries are either a single stack 9mm or 45. I have others but those are 90% of what I use. Judging from California, there are a lot of people that carry regardless. Previously it wasn't a felony but I don't know the current situation. Business owners, depending on the city mostly got a pass from the stories I've heard. I feel that will be how it is here. The last few police interactions I gad they never asked if I had a firearm.

I suspect a 10rd limit that becomes more and more common would cause a slight downturn in 9mm popularity and more folks would turn to 45 and maybe even 40.

I for one, really enjoy my Glock 27 converted to 9mm. But I prefer the +2 mag extension which would be no bueno at 12 rounds. I'd convert it back to 40, use the same extension, which now makes 10 round mags...VOILA.

But my home defense stuff? Screw them!

Last Edited:
I carry my Sig P320C with a 10rnd mag, mainly because of weight, with two 14rnd mags as backup. The mag was purchased for travel through CA. which was really dumb since it was not legal to carry anyway! LOL Anyway, just like the weight.

For those who said "move up to a 40" here is a great price $299 on a S&W M&P40 Compact 2.0 for carry. Comes with 13 round magazines, but S&W makes 10 rounders.

Smith & Wesson M&P40 M2.0 Compact 40 S&W Centerfire Pistol with No Thumb Safety

40820-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Curious question

if SB 501 wants 5rnd limits but LEVO says they want 10rnd limits, which one do they go with?
Cant have both signed into effect at the same time...

Pick one and only one

For those who said "move up to a 40" here is a great price $299 on a S&W M&P40 Compact 2.0 for carry. Comes with 13 round magazines, but S&W makes 10 rounders.

Smith & Wesson M&P40 M2.0 Compact 40 S&W Centerfire Pistol with No Thumb Safety

View attachment 542850

I am leaning towards this or the 3.6" variant. Or getting a G43X but I just wish glock would remember there are other calibers other than 9mm....

When I sold my .40 PCC I gave away all my .40 ammo and stuff I had left. Here you guys are now trying to pull me back into the .40 market :)

At first I wasn't wild about 40sw. That is until I got to shoot it out of a great handgun with a Walther PPQ M2 and then I got on board and landed on the MP 2.0 which I feel is actually better minus the trigger.

I just thought of a new carry option that you can vote for as Other and comment.

"Carry more than one pistol with the new legal 10 or less capacity."

The old New York reload.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews