JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How will you adapt your EDC limited to 10 round magazines?

• Keep carrying a full size pistol and standard magazines

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Full size pistol with neutered 10 round magazines

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Double stack with shortened grip (G26, PPQ SC, SR9C, Original M&P 9c)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Smaller pistol built to hold 10 rounds (KelTec P-11, SCCY, Sig P365, CZ Rami)

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Stack and a half with a three finger grip (G43X or G48)

• Single stack with less than 10 rounds (1911, Kahr CT9, Bersa BP9, Sig P239, Ruger LC9s, Shield, XD)

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • A full size pistol with a larger round (40S&W, 357Sig, 45acp or 10mm)

• Other, comment below

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a 1911 carrier (yep, like it's a virus), so I don't worry about 10 round capacity limits for myself. I usually have 15 rounds total on me, and I will gladly fight for everyone's right to carry as big a magazine as they feel necessary because the bad guys won't care what the law says.

The big question for me is how do we convince the public that these laws work against the safety of lawful gun owners while empowering bad guys each and every time? If we can answer that question effectively in the public's eyes, we'll have the winning hand against these stupid laws in the future.

Well, we tried intelligence, we tried facts, we even tried live demonstrations that shows whats going on and still, the antis don't get it! You got a better idea, were all ears!;)

Well, we tried intelligence, we tried facts, we even tried live demonstrations that shows whats going on and still, the antis don't get it! You got a better idea, were all ears!;)

I don't have the specific answer, but it has to be emotionally compelling because emotion is all that matters these days. Hook them with emotion, follow up with facts and you just might win the argument. Logic and facts alone don't seem to work anymore.

I don't have the specific answer, but it has to be emotionally compelling because emotion is all that matters these days. Hook them with emotion, follow up with facts and you just might win the argument. Logic and facts alone don't seem to work anymore.
Only Solis i have is that some day, that will all come back and bite them in the arse bigtime!:eek:

That is an interesting concept. Let's say that SB 501 is passed as is and you possess 450BM or 458 socom marked AR mags in 5rnd cap. Those could easily be converted to hold many more 223/5.56 cartridges, correct?

Possibly. I know a standard 30 round AR mag, without modification, holds 10 rounds of .458, single stack.

When testing shotgun tube to determine compliance with max mag capacity, what size shells will be used? Minis, 2 3/4 or the longest the shotgun will feed from tube?
For shotguns, they are tested with the largest size shell the gun is stamped with! I.E. a 870 SuperMag will be checked with 3 3 1/2" SuperMag shells, a standard Magnum with 3" magnum, and a 2 3/4 marked gun with 3 2 3/4" shells! No combo of the three! only the max size stamped on the shotgun! :D Any LEO that tries to tell you any thing else is full of chit!:eek:

YUP YUP! Because I carry a single stack sometimes, I carry 4 additional mags to keep me in the fight! With practice I can do a mag change in about a second! With a double stack, because of it's tapered mags, i can actually change even faster!

All my handguns are double stack. With magwells. :D

I get it some people collect old Japanese sowrd and stuff like that and old war stuff.
But some of these people that have .
The midevil axe's and stuff .are kinda crazy.
I know a kid in SPOKANE that has all this garbage.
And he is not all there.

How many edge weapons can i own before I am considered to be a "sword nut"? ;)

The big question for me is how do we convince the public that these laws work against the safety of lawful gun owners while empowering bad guys each and every time? If we can answer that question effectively in the public's eyes, we'll have the winning hand against these stupid laws in the future.

The antis don't care. Even if we make an emotional appeal, it's still an "us vs them" situation. They don't identify with "us", therefore they don't care what happens to us. Gotta find a way to make it about "them".

The antis don't care. Even if we make an emotional appeal, it's still an "us vs them" situation. They don't identify with "us", therefore they don't care what happens to us. Gotta find a way to make it about "them".

I don't disagree, but not everyone who votes for "common sense gun control" is a rabid anti-gun person. There are a LOT of mushy-thinking people who simply fall for the progressive boilerplate. They can be persuaded to support the Second Amendment, but we have to get their attention first, and since they are primarily feelings-driven, the hook has to be emotionally based, followed by some clear, simple facts.

Granted, we're fighting an uphill battle because the dominant culture, media, politicians, and even language are being used against us. It won't be easy. It may not even be winnable. But I haven't seen anyone on our side using this angle of attack. Emotion is what drives the Progs. It's their main weapon.

We need to use that weapon against them.

We're currently losing the battle, so why not give it a try?

EDIT TO ADD: For the record, I'm NOT the guy in Spokane who is sword crazy ;)

They don't care about your safety, or my safety, and logic is irrelevant because they know little or nothing about guns, and defending yourself and your family, etc. with one.

Here's a compelling question or two though, food for thought:
In your state WHAT NUMBER OF CRIMES OR PERCENTAGE OF CRIMES COMMITTED WITH A GUN WHERE MORE THAN FIVE ROUNDS WERE FIRED BY THE BAD GUY? BY THE POLICE/GOOD GUY(S)?

IN YOUR STATE, HOW MANY OR WHAT PERCENTAGE OF CRIMES ARE COMMITTED WITH SCARY GUNS? ALL WEAPONS CAN BE ASSAULT WEAPONS, SINCE ASSAULT IS A VERB.

First make them establish a need for such ridiculous demands upon the law abiding. It should quickly become apparent that there is none. If they give you that tired "If it save one child's life" line, pass them a late term abortion ban petition, step back, watch a head explode.

Next up, banning vehicles able to exceed 15 mph, limit gas tanks to two gallons, and require factory installed breathalyzers in each car with biometric ID and when parked every vehicle must have a driver secured wheel boot device for safety. Your garage is not a car safe, you must deploy the wheel boot with bolt cutter proof lock anytime you are not actually behind the wheel of your vehicle.

They don't care about your safety, or my safety, and logic is irrelevant because they know little or nothing about guns, and defending yourself and your family, etc. with one.

Here's a compelling question or two though, food for thought:
In your state WHAT NUMBER OF CRIMES OR PERCENTAGE OF CRIMES COMMITTED WITH A GUN WHERE MORE THAN FIVE ROUNDS WERE FIRED BY THE BAD GUY? BY THE POLICE/GOOD GUY(S)?

IN YOUR STATE, HOW MANY OR WHAT PERCENTAGE OF CRIMES ARE COMMITTED WITH SCARY GUNS? ALL WEAPONS CAN BE ASSAULT WEAPONS, SINCE ASSAULT IS A VERB.

First make them establish a need for such ridiculous demands upon the law abiding. It should quickly become apparent that there is none. If they give you that tired "If it save one child's life" line, pass them a late term abortion ban petition, step back, watch a head explode.

Next up, banning vehicles able to exceed 15 mph, limit gas tanks to two gallons, and require factory installed breathalyzers in each car with biometric ID and when parked every vehicle must have a driver secured wheel boot device for safety. Your garage is not a car safe, you must deploy the wheel boot with bolt cutter proof lock anytime you are not actually behind the wheel of your vehicle.
Love the car analogies.

Well they call them selves .
The Alaince for gun safety.lol
But they don't teach one class on gun safety.
MMMM.. how can you say you want gun safety but don't teach gun safety.

They should change the name to the Alaince for gun CONTROL OR CONFISCATE

Screw this thread. Too many people sound like in their minds they've given up before the fight has started.
There is always still a hope.
ce56489e2ee12c134c80dfa756d3febc.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top