JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How will you adapt your EDC limited to 10 round magazines?

• Keep carrying a full size pistol and standard magazines

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Full size pistol with neutered 10 round magazines

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Double stack with shortened grip (G26, PPQ SC, SR9C, Original M&P 9c)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Smaller pistol built to hold 10 rounds (KelTec P-11, SCCY, Sig P365, CZ Rami)

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Stack and a half with a three finger grip (G43X or G48)

• Single stack with less than 10 rounds (1911, Kahr CT9, Bersa BP9, Sig P239, Ruger LC9s, Shield, XD)

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • A full size pistol with a larger round (40S&W, 357Sig, 45acp or 10mm)

• Other, comment below

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I carry a 5 shot .38 +P revolver 2 speed loaders and a 6rd .25 auto w/ 1 spare mag nothing in the chamber as backup

My new carry is which isn't in play yet is 7+1 of 9mm

so nothing will change.

For those of us who concealed carry a full size (15+ round) 9mm pistol;

How will you adapt your EDC to our dystopian future limited to 10 round magazines?

Um...what do you mean 10 rounds? You're only getting five!

Oregon Gun Bill: 20 Rounds Per Month Limit, 5-Round Mag Cap Limit, No Revolver Provision

Folks, I can't impress upon you enough that we need to find a way to stop this nonsense. Otherwise I give it five years before both Washington and Oregon look identical to Kommifornia with respect to gun rights.

And if you think California is bad now...well hold on to your hats now that Gavin Newsome is in office and the Dems hold supermajorities in both houses. Newsome makes former Gov Moonbeam look like a conservative. :rolleyes:

Oregon Gun Bill: 20 Rounds Per Month Limit, 5-Round Mag Cap Limit, No Revolver Provision

Folks, I can't impress upon you enough that we need to find a way to stop this nonsense. Otherwise I give it five years before both Washington and Oregon look identical to Kommifornia with respect to gun rights.

And if you think California is bad now...well hold on to your hats now that Gavin Newsome is in office and the Dems hold supermajorities in both houses. Newsome makes former Gov Moonbeam look like a conservative. :rolleyes:

WORSE than CA in some respects...
In CA you can have a 1911, something you may not in OR soon (unless someone starts making 5rnd mags just for OR)...
In CA you can have an SKS, up in WA its specifically named in the new AWB... (no idea why, other than its a gun with an acronym name that they dont understand)

That might be it... these dickheads are all out trying to one-up each other at our expense

You won't be able to carry bubblegum when your county goes May Issue. See, Commiefornia was the test bed. All us good, law abiders are now scrambling to comply with laws made by children and communists. I hope it doesn't end up how it's ended up in California but it very well could. Unless, we assert our Rights. Rights, not Privileges

Awe, that's just the bill written by kids. See the gun grabbers plan is to start with 5 round magazine and 20 round a month purchase limits, then act magnanimous when they settle on 10 and 100, then ask why we aren't open to compromise.

Besides everyone knows that kids don't have a clue, that is why the bills written by learned clergy are the ones that will pass.

'Lift Every Voice Oregon' organizers plan to introduce two bills to state legislatures on gun control

We had a nationwide 10 rd mag limit from 1994 to 2004. Just new sales, we could keep our old normal cap mags and even buy "Pre-ban mags" at scalper prices.
The unintended consequence of that law was a move toward smaller lighter slimmer guns in
larger calibers. If you could only have 10 rds they might as well be 40/357 sig/10mm/45 ACP instead of 9mm.

SHI-GDLH-M72-V2_3_MARK.jpg

One might be able to argue that 5 rounds is standard...
Well, Andy - historical trivia is always interesting, but one vendor with one model from nearly 50 years ago does NOT qualify as any standard, wouldn't you agree?
5 Rounds in a semi are exclusively in a few hunting rifles and not available for any (credible) self-defense firearm. I only share this because you never know when a quote gets lifted out of context and used by others to support a false argument. I do get the joke.

Last Edited:
Well, Andy - historical trivia is always interesting, but one vendor with one model from nearly 50 years ago does NOT qualify as any standard, wouldn't you agree?
5 Rounds in a semi are exclusively in a few hunting rifles and not available for any (credible) self-defense firearm. I only share this because you never know when a quote gets lifted out of context and used by others to support a false argument.
Plenty of 5rnd mags available for ARs and AKs. That is all they can use in Canada.

No I do not agree , which is why I posted what I did.
I was pointing out that at one time 5 round magazines came with the Colt AR15 rifle from the factory...and historic trivia / fact or not...someone may use that as an argument for 5 round magazines being "Standard" for the Colt AR15 rifle.

I posted what I did , because , many anti gun people have in the past and will continue , to look at history and "historic trivia" then twist it to serve their agenda.

My post was not a joke , nor meant as trivia.
Andy

5 Rounds in a semi are exclusively in a few hunting rifles and not available for any (credible) self-defense firearm.
Also while not a semi auto firearm ...

I feel that my Remington 870 with its factory magazine
( 4 in the tube and 1 in the chamber) will make a "credible" self-defense firearm...
For me and my situation...what others use , will need to best fit their situation , and it may be vastly different than mine...which is okay.

And with that stated...
I want to be clear that I do not support any bans or restrictions on firearms or magazines.
Andy

Also while not a semi auto firearm ...

I feel that my Remington 870 with its factory magazine
( 4 in the tube and 1 in the chamber) will make a "credible" self-defense firearm...
For me and my situation...what others use , will need to best fit their situation , and it may be vastly different than mine...which is okay.

And with that stated...
I want to be clear that I do not support any bans or restrictions on firearms or magazines.
Andy
Understood. But my R870 has the extended tube for 7+1, just in case.
I just don't think the subject of 5 rd. (or 10) mag limits is funny.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top