JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My rural lands gates on the Olympic Peninsula were torched and they stole my gun vault door I had tucked away out there, please be on the lookout for it, it is one of a kind and I was going to use it for our new home for a basement gun vault door. Description:

Standard large residential door size stainless steel 1/4" plate exterior with two stainless boxes to hold locks, welded to a 1/4 inch carbon steel plate back. Has a threshold and steel door frame. It is approx 700 to 800 lbs

Thanks for any help in advance

I'm sorry to say this, but if they torched through your gates, then they have also sectioned out your door into smaller, more manageable chunks.

That would be a hella job with a chop saw.. since it is half stainless and it can't be cut with a torch. It's worth $2500 as a vault door so I am hoping they try to sell it that way.. but if they are just crazed tweekers who knows

I hope someone finds this in someone elses possession, then maybe when you are reclaiming it, you may or may not accidentally drop the thing on them, good luck. Back in Minnesota, I had a 10 x 14 Ice house that was made like a mini house you and I live in. I had about $7000 invested in it, I pulled it onto a popular lake that is 15 miles long by 19 miles wide and it was about 5 miles out kinda by itself. Punks or meth heads broke into it and figured out I didnt keep any valuables in there over night. costed me a new door and door frame. Would have loved to found those bastards in the act. funny though, was great fishing that night though.

That would be a hella job with a chop saw.. since it is half stainless and it can't be cut with a torch. It's worth $2500 as a vault door so I am hoping they try to sell it that way.. but if they are just crazed tweekers who knows

Can't cut it with a torch, but I've had two friends in the last week get their shops broken into. One of the hot-ticket items right now is plasma cutters...

You aren't going to just steal that door without a place to take it.Rather a chop shop or some place that will buy it.
They either had a use for it or a place to cut it up. Plenty of log truck shops around there.Not saying they would condone this but the owner may be out of town when the need the shop.
Not rocket surgery,by any means.

More people have them than you'd think, especially with Harbor Freight selling a low quality but functional one for $700 ($500 on sale).

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Oh, I have no expectations to get it back but I am crossing my Ts and dotting my Is here. I will say that I doubt tweekers have a plasma torch, but there are lots of shady scrap yards that do. Wilsons in Shelton is one of them, tweeker city

You aren't going to just steal that door without a place to take it.Rather a chop shop or some place that will buy it.
They either had a use for it or a place to cut it up. Plenty of log truck shops around there.Not saying they would condone this but the owner may be out of town when the need the shop.
Not rocket surgery,by any means.

I am only hoping they are

1) Stoopid enough to try and sell it (it's worth $2500 as a vault door, a few hundred for scrap)

2) They install it in a drug house or something and the cops find it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads