JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you're assuming a somewhat peaceful situation which I do not believe will exist for years.

Peaceful vs. non-peaceful might be the most significant factor in determining how one prepares. I view the American public as largely civilized, and expect to see something more akin to how things played out in Argentina. So a 12mos supply of provisions, a decent amount of protection (including reloading supplies), and investments structured to take advantage of a falling US$ is my strategy. That should work for just about any crisis, and should ensure a good standard of living afterward. On the other hand, I continually watch for events that I would consider "Biblical" in nature. If it looks to me like its "Revelation" time, then pretty much nothing can be counted on, and I will do the best I can as I keep my eye on the skies.

Yeah, I'm sure someone makes money on the sale of gold, all I know from personal experience is that I used gold dollar for dollar to buy a lathe ($10,000) and now that gold is worth $70,000. I made a huge mistake.
That fact transcends any snarky left wing blogs.

Peaceful vs. non-peaceful might be the most significant factor in determining how one prepares. I view the American public as largely civilized, and expect to see something more akin to how things played out in Argentina. So a 12mos supply of provisions, a decent amount of protection (including reloading supplies), and investments structured to take advantage of a falling US$ is my strategy. That should work for just about any crisis, and should ensure a good standard of living afterward. On the other hand, I continually watch for events that I would consider "Biblical" in nature. If it looks to me like its "Revelation" time, then pretty much nothing can be counted on, and I will do the best I can as I keep my eye on the skies.

Revelation has been playing out for nearly 2,000 years, but we are entering the last years before the final trumpet. The first 6 are already blown!

People have been talking about stockpiling gold since the Cold War, and back before Y2K as well. Lot of good it did them.

It usually turns out that the people advocating you buy gold are getting a percentage somewhere e.g. Glenn Beck and Goldline.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/m...fox-raps-glenn-becks-endorsement-de/19269083/

Gold is merely a way to protect assets.. it has maintained it's value vs real world goods for well over 100 years now, although you must be patient when extremes of low value occur due to market/societal conditions. It always bounces back, eventually. Those who bought large amounts of gold 5 to 10 years ago are sitting pretty right now

Revelation has been playing out for nearly 2,000 years, but we are entering the last years before the final trumpet. The first 6 are already blown!

Could be. I've been looking/watching with interest most of my adult life (adopted a pre-millennial mindset from reading Lindsey, Walvoord, etc.). Have been watching events of the last few years with particular fascination, and don't deny it could be "game over" pretty darned soon. But I also realize that lots of people felt the same during WWI, WWII, etc. So my philosophy today is to plan as if I will be here for my entire life (learning/acting from history), but knowing that at any moment the rules could change and the final events could unfold.

Each to their own understanding.. we will find out in our lifetimes, I believe

We are at the doors of the beginning in my opinion, it was the statement about six having blown that makes me roll my eyes.

1. "there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up."

2. "a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water-- the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter."

It gets worse.

This is extremely serious stuff, I will not make light of it.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." There are many people who twist scriptures to suit their own ideologies. I think you have to strain to find that even the first one has been blown yet.
Respectfully,
Parts

We are at the doors of the beginning in my opinion, it was the statement about six having blown that makes me roll my eyes.

1. "there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up."

2. "a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water-- the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter."

It gets worse.

This is extremely serious stuff, I will not make light of it.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." There are many people who twist scriptures to suit their own ideologies. I think you have to strain to find that even the first one has been blown yet.
Respectfully,
Parts

Revelation is largely (but not entirely) symbolic.. symbolism representing actual events. For instance waters are peoples, stars are angels, fallen or faithful, and the great mountain that falls is an earthly world government that already exists. Note in Rev 14 that Yashua-Messiah's government is a mountain called Zion..

If you believe differently that is your right. I do not take offense at it

Thanks for not being offended. I've been looking very seriously at all these things lately, and understand that many pastors are getting emails asking if we are in the tribulation period. The answer (Depending on the pastor) is usually no.

Thanks for not being offended. I've been looking very seriously at all these things lately, and understand that many pastors are getting emails asking if we are in the tribulation period. The answer (Depending on the pastor) is usually no.

I once was a mainstream Christian until I committed myself to prayer and advanced studies with the help of my dear departed father. I have found the truth and continue to learn. One thing I will say now, since we are all being brotherly and friendly, is that the rapture doctrine is a lie. We will all be here for the tribulation, me included. I trust Yashua-Messiah and His mighty angels to protect me and mine, but part of that is our lovely and Yahweh-God sent 2nd amendment

Anything, gold included, is only worth what someone is willing to trade for it. If society were to collapse, many things may become barter stock, and ammo would be right up there. A gold brick may be worthless for everyday barter, but gold and silver (real silver) coins may be many times face value.

A good read on this topic; Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse, by James Wesley, Rawles. Author's web site; http://survivalblog.com/

Available on Amazon ; 5 new from $29.99 / 18 used from $10.85.

Could be. I've been looking/watching with interest most of my adult life (adopted a pre-millennial mindset from reading Lindsey, Walvoord, etc.). Have been watching events of the last few years with particular fascination, and don't deny it could be "game over" pretty darned soon. But I also realize that lots of people felt the same during WWI, WWII, etc.

Prediction of imminent Armageddon actually goes back before WWI, before western civilization, before even Christianity existed. Every Christian generation since Jesus has thought they were living in the end times. There are literally hundreds of such claims from Christian scholars over the centuries, all of which were incorrect.

Even the Bible itself says the very first generation was living in the End Times.

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
—Matthew 10:23

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.
—1 John 2:18

On the other hand, Hal Lindsey has only been at the prophecy game for forty years, but he has also been spectacularly wrong on his prophecy.

The Late Great Planet Earth (1970) said:
The decade of the 1980s could very well be the last decade of history as we know it

Lindsey has gotten a lot smarter about dates since Late Great Planet Earth. He also dropped his claim that the USA would be "gone" (or part of Europe) by the time of the tribulations, because the USA is not mentioned in the Bible. I guess that didn't play too well with his readers.

If you search harder scripture says "the young Lions of Tarshish" basically sit back and watch a lot of the destruction. Some portray the USA as being these because of the early discoverers of this continent comming from Tarshish way before the Vikings, or Columbus. Some of these feel we will be unable to respond due to financial or Political reasons...
Wherever you place yourself in the "endtimes" it's pretty plain to see this ain't mayberry!

Prediction of imminent Armageddon actually goes back before WWI, before western civilization...

Absolutely. The one certainty is nobody knows the timing of events, or knows for certain how the details of human history will actually play out. I adopted a Christian pre-millennial view (after much study) years ago, but admit I could be wrong, and am certainly prepared to alter my views should the evidence demonstrate otherwise. But having said that, the current world situation is certainly, er, interesting from my personal theological perspective.

The USA is not only mentioned in the bible, we are a central player and the veritable Kingdom of Yahweh! (fallen right now, but we will rise) One has to be able to identify who is who, from the beginning, first!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews