JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
His journal apparently only said something about generalized anger. Of course he's angry. If his journal said anything about shooting anyone, they did not give us the quote. Of course if he's going to some big event that involves travel and camping in the boonies he's gonna have some guns with him if he's a gun owner. If he did anything illegal or planned anything illegal they haven't told us enough to indicate that. Maybe the "tips" came from his ex-wife and are just made up lies just to strip him of guns and freedom because she hates him. Or because she is afraid of him, whether or not he actually planned to kill anyone.

I can't help but think that reading the linked article would clear up many of these questions :rolleyes:
Such as what? The OPB article is rather anemic on details. It hints at a journal that the guy allegedly kept and references to some tips relayed to authorities (by who?) but that is really the only meat on that bone.

The revelation of the divorce.....which I learned here on this site ;) ....to me is a rather important piece to have left out of the OPB story. All we really have to go by at this point is the Deschutes County prosecutor's version of what went down.

-E-

and this guy who happened to have weapons in a van. Neither of them used these weapons and without further evidence, I see no crime committed.
This is kinda what I am seeing so what exactly what were the 'attempts' and 'unlawful use' as described in this part? Do 'journal entries' and 'general anger' now constitute 'attempts' (at something) ?

The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office arrested Samson Zebturiah Garner on Thursday and took him to the county jail on several charges each of attempted murder of multiple victims, attempted first degree assault, attempted second degree assault and unlawful use of a weapon.

Last Edited:
A little more info here:
Deschutes County detectives received information Monday from Portland Police Bureau detectives about a man identified as Samson Zebturiah Garner "planning a violent attack during an event" in the county, Sergeant Jason Wall said Friday.

DCSO and Portland detectives worked for several days to investigate the man, and learned Thursday that Garner had left Portland and was in Deschutes County, Wall said.

Detectives later served a search warrant on Garner's vehicle and found "evidence of the planned attack," the sergeant added.
Well, it seems the caveat is 'evidence' - however whatever the 'evidence' was is apparently being withheld from the reporting.

My point being is I HOPE the 'evidence' is something real and tangible, and not something thinly 'veiled' as just weapons in the vehicle.

A little more info here:
Not much more than what the OPB article gave.

I want to believe that authorities were on the ball in this case and did a stellar job to avert a tragedy. I really do.

But............that cynical streak deep in the back of my conscious is currently sounding off like a four-alarm fire call. I am waiting for the shoe to drop that the "tips" originated with the ex-wife.

Now, if authorities later show journal entries, social media posts, an unusual pattern of purchases, etc., then I will be at ease. But for the time being, I'm not there yet.

-E-

:eek:

Linked in with other non hearsay hard evidence? Sure.

On its own "an unusual pattern of purchases" could likely be found from any firearms enthusiasts.
You left out the part where I had that combined with other evidence. o_O I didn't have it listed "on its own".

I wonder how long he had owned those three firearms?

-E-

Not much more than what the OPB article gave.

I want to believe that authorities were on the ball in this case and did a stellar job to avert a tragedy. I really do.

But............that cynical streak deep in the back of my conscious is currently sounding off like a four-alarm fire call. I am waiting for the shoe to drop that the "tips" originated with the ex-wife.

Now, if authorities later show journal entries, social media posts, an unusual pattern of purchases, etc., then I will be at ease. But for the time being, I'm not there yet.

-E-
I share your suspicions. I think if the journal had actually said anything genuinely incriminating the cops would have gleefully said so and given us an explicit quote. I think the fact that all they said was there were references to general anger means that there was nothing more incriminating, and this guy is being railroaded for no reason other than being a gun owner and having an ex-wife that hates him.

"The Deschutes County prosecutor", **** that guy. He put a man in prison for a justified selfdefense shooting because the attacker was of a different race.

We don't even stop for gas in Bend anymore.

I don't think the "Authorities" give out the information we're wanting to see here any more. No more mug shots. No more past histories. Vagueness is all it is now.

My prediction: This will fade away because the REAL evidence of firearms being "BAD" that they want, just isn't there.

"Generally Angry" Seriously? :rolleyes:

We all knew, when "Red Flag" laws were proposed, that they would be abused by those enabled by them (domestic partners, family, etc.) to harass gun owners. Add to this the lack of accountability of those enforcing the laws (police, prosecutors, and judges) which would lead them to err in the side of draconian actions against the accused, in order to avoid the risk of being accused of failing to protect the potential victims.

No down side to errors linked to excess, versus open to criticism if they applied the law fairly. What could go wrong?

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top