JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So...what happened to form 4999? Seems that factoring criteria was a lie and all based on whim after all. Just like the aft said months ago in the first paragraph of the form. If the AFTholes lied up to this point, why would we believe their "amnesty" promises would be any different?

The question was if the SBR had to be engraved again with new information (the "maker", city, and state).
From the one sentence question that didn't exactly specify it can certainly be read that way. Agreed.

On the other hand, and since it was a question regarding non serialized PMF's in another section... it "could" have been read to be asking if non serialized would have to be engraved prior to application... since there is no transfer taking place.

I guess the perspective/slant depends on which side of the fence you're on. The purchase through an FFL only crowd or the PMF only crowd.

My bad if I read it out of the intended context.

10. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED AS A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR) CAN I REMOVE/CHANGE THE
"STABILIZING BRACE" OR ATTACH AN ITEM MARKETED AS A STOCK? IF SO, AM I REQUIRED TO NOTIFY ATF
IN ADVANCE?
• Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the "brace" device or stock for a
different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock
does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed
you will need to notify the NFA Division.

Why does it matter if the length of the firearm is changed and you already have it registered as an SBR under this new program?
Does this mean if I have two uppers of different lengths and switch them out periodically I need to notify the NFA Division?

So...what happened to form 4999?
The did away with it, but basically just wrote it into the final rule and actually expanded the criteria. Or rather... made it even more restrictive as to what constitues an SBR.

Form 4999 had a tiny bit of wiggle room that's now been pretty much wiped out, and even without a brace other criteria may still magically transform a pistol into a rifle/SBR.

10. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED AS A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR) CAN I REMOVE/CHANGE THE
"STABILIZING BRACE" OR ATTACH AN ITEM MARKETED AS A STOCK? IF SO, AM I REQUIRED TO NOTIFY ATF
IN ADVANCE?
• Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the "brace" device or stock for a
different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock
does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed

Why does it matter if the length of the firearm is changed and you already have it registered as an SBR under this new program?
Does this mean if I have two uppers of different lengths and switch them out periodically I need to notify the NFA Division?
*As I understand it* and as it stands now, if you make a permanent change to the configuration listed on your SBR Form 1 or 4 you need to notify the NFA division, however in the past that was excepted to mean you could have several different length uppers for you SBR but as long as you had one the listed length there was no reason to notify them every time you swapped them

So...what happened to form 4999? Seems that factoring criteria was a lie and all based on whim after all. Just like the aft said months ago in the first paragraph of the form. If the AFTholes lied up to this point, why would we believe their "amnesty" promises would be any different?
They canned that.

IN ADVANCE?

Theyve been saying that forever. No law to back it up

ATF is an enforcement agency, not part the legislative branch that makes laws...no, they are part of the executive branch that enforces laws.

This cannot legally happen, yet here we are people jumping on the wagon going along with it without much question...I guess we've become used to such things, so we shrug the shoulders and carry on...

ATF is an enforcement agency, not part the legislative branch that makes laws...no, they are part of the executive branch that enforces laws.

This cannot legally happen, yet here we are people jumping on the wagon going along with it without much question...I guess we've become used to such things, so we shrug the shoulders and carry on...
Yup
The lawyers at DOJ (specifically ATF and the AG DOJ...) have pages upon pages of "justifications" and statutory explanations of why they think this "final rule" is "constitutional" :rolleyes: else it wouldn't have been 293 pages long.

zpap.jpg

The problem is if we all wait, how many people would be wrongly fined/imprisoned before a circuit court or Supreme Court makes a ruling? And how long will they take to make the ruling? Yes the Bruen decision and the recent bump stock ruling are huge wins in our favor. It is obvious the anti 2A crowd doesn't care though. They are ramming things through, wasting all of our money and time.

Selfie attached with fingerprint cards mailed in
I tried the ask the expert on the atf website but haven't had a response in over a month, but you seem to be knowledgeable, if I do 3 sbr eform1, can I mail the 1 set of fingerprint card and 1 set of selfie for all 3 eform or do I need individual set of card and selfie for each eform?

The problem is if we all wait, how many people would be wrongly fined/imprisoned before a circuit court or Supreme Court makes a ruling? And how long will they take to make the ruling? Yes the Bruen decision and the recent bump stock ruling are huge wins in our favor. It is obvious the anti 2A crowd doesn't care though. They are ramming things through, wasting all of our money and time.
I think the best hope at the moment is injunctive relief until such time that it winds it's way through the courts. Effectively being moot and void from inception. The course probably not taking the 2A infringment path but a violation of the APA. (Like the bump stock case)

If that happens then no one would ever be wrongfuly fined, arrested or imprisoned.

i'm sure youve all seen the videos on youtube dropping

you have 120 days from today.

i'm sure youve all seen the videos on youtube dropping

you have 120 days from today.
Looks like an opportunity for free SBR tax stamp?

Did they ditch the scorecard sheet?

It appears that even having a brace and short barreled firearm that it could attach to near each other is a no no?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top