JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people just argue to hear their head rattle….
It's OK to call them jackalopes.
Jackalopepc.jpg

Banned outside of the NFA.
That is not at all what you said. Allow me to refresh your memory:

You are aware that 1928 Thompson is both a MG and an SBR? 10" barrel, rifle stock. The NFA banned semiauto versions.
How is "Banned outside of the NFA" remotely similar to "The NFA banned semiauto versions"? You clearly stated right there☝️that the semi-auto version of the M1928 is banned by the NFA. That statement is demonstrably false. The semi-auto version is, in fact, totally legal to own with a Form 4 and a tax stamp.

No one, including you, was confused about what I meant.
I think we all know who the confused one is here. You're just refusing to own up to the glaring fact that what you claimed so stridently is wrong.
Stings a bit, don't it??

How is "Banned outside of the NFA" remotely similar to "The NFA banned semiauto versions"? You clearly stated right there☝️that the semi-auto version of the M1928 is banned by the NFA. That statement is demonstrably false. The semi-auto version is, in fact, totally legal to own with a Form 4 and a tax stamp.

I think we all know who the confused one is here. You're just refusing to own up to the glaring fact that what you claimed so stridently is wrong.
Stings a bit, don't it??
Back pedaling in 3….2….1….

Stings a bit, don't it??
Gonna get yourself blocked with all that logic and bubblegum. :D Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. :)

I haven't done anything more risky than anyone else. You put your identity on every 4473, just like I put on the form 1. No one is looking negatively at SBRs at this point, and being registered NFA items they might spare an AR from a regular ban - but I don't think that matters as nothing like that is about to be banned.

So I really don't see what special danger you're warning against with SBRs. The ATF knows about some of my guns, and some of your guns.
Everything gun related: Owning a firearm, magazines, ammunition, and firearm accessories is risky in this anti-constitutional anti-gun political climate. There is absolutely nothing on the Form 1 that guarantees, or even implies, that you or I will be protected from current or future state or federal bans. There is no promise that bans will have grandfather clauses. Nothing in 114 carved out any exemptions for SBRs. You won't be protected any more than anyone else if an AWB, mag ban, or ammo ban is pushed through. The only reason we aren't already felons in Oregon (regardless of going through a form 1) is because of a Harney Country Judge's injunction and the Senate Republican walk out.

Stings a bit, don't it??
You know what a pendant is, right?

The creation of the NFA banned the normal prrchase of machine guns and non-MG SBRs to anyone that didn't apply for and pay for the tax stamp.

That is the long version of the concept that I replied to Vinnie, but I didn't write it out because, in context, it was obvious what I was implying.

You're supposed to be smart, so I will assume all you're doing is playing games. Now that I have clarified exactly what you realized I meant, there is no more reason for you to inrerrupt the conversation with unimportant gotchas.

Unless, of course, you actually feel proud of your contribution to the discussion, and whatever cred you thinked you just earned with your buddies.

Hopefully I didnt misspell anything, or we'll have to talk about that, next.

Last Edited:
Everything gun related: Owning a firearm, magazines, ammunition, and firearm accessories is risky in this anti-constitutional anti-gun political climate. There is absolutely nothing on the Form 1 that guarantees, or even implies, that you or I will be protected from current or future state or federal bans. There is no promise that bans will have grandfather clauses. Nothing in 114 carved out any exemptions for SBRs. You won't be protected any more than anyone else if an AWB, mag ban, or ammo ban is pushed through. The only reason we aren't already felons in Oregon (regardless of going through a form 1) is because of a Harney Country Judge's injunction and the Senate Republican walk out.
I was talking about the way the NFA makes machine guns immune to the SBR rules, and legal SBRs are protected from pistol rules, like about foregrips. So I could see other restrictions on non-NFA items mot applying to SBRs.

And that ia all I meant.

You know what a pendant is, right?

The creation of the NFA banned the normal prrchase of machine guns and non-MG SBRs to anyone that didn't apply for and pay for the tax stamp.
Again, not at all what you said, nor can you legitimately claim that what you say you implied could be inferred by what you wrote. I've refreshed your memory twice on that, so I'll dispense attempting that for a third time. Reminding you of your own errors doesn't seem to change your firmly held beliefs.

That is the long version of the concept that I replied to Vinnie, but I didn't write it out because, in context, it was obvious what I was implying.
No, it was anything but obvious. It was flat-out wrong.

You're supposed to be smart, so I will assume all you're doing is playing games. Now that I have clarified exactly what you realized I meant, there is no more reason for you to inrerrupt the conversation with unimportant gotchas.
Since you brought it up, I'll have to admit, I actually am smart - genius-level :) - by the standard IQ measuring tests. I was not playing games before, but now you dare me to start. So, I now have to make a choice between wasting my day on you, or just forget you and go accomplish some things on my to-do list.

Unless, of course, you actually feel proud of your contribution to the discussion, and whatever cred you thinked you just earned with your buddies.
Don't know where that came from. :s0092: I sense projection...

Hopefully I didnt misspell anything, or we'll have to talk about that, next.
Nice parting touch. Not biting...

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 11.09.38 AM.png
***Link Warning***Many Advertisements***Twitter Linked Media***

"I was called about 12:30 or so on Wednesday and I was told by leadership that if I didn't vote for the rule that it would be very difficult to bring my bill to the floor. Now remember, the bill that I have is H.J. Res 44, this is the pistol brace rule. This is a bill that takes down the overreach by the ATF . The ATF is trying to become Congress here and create a law that they don't have the authority to create. A law that makes felons out of tens of thousands, actually millions if you look at what CRS (Congressional Research Service) says about how many pistol brace owners there are." ~ Rep. Clyde

Edit to Add another story:

"I'm severely disappointed that House Republican leadership is holding Americans' Second Amendment rights hostage out of spite due to my 'no' vote on the debt ceiling rule. By reversing their decision to bring my stabilizing brace bill to the House floor next week, they're not hurting me — they're hurting millions of law-abiding gun owners, including many disabled Americans and service-disabled veterans, who now face harsh penalties for simply attaching a piece of plastic to their firearm," Clyde told the Caller.

Opposition to the ATF rule claim that they are focusing efforts on Monday, June 5th.

Last Edited:
Again, not at all what you said, nor can you legitimately claim that what you say you implied could be inferred by what you wrote. I've refreshed your memory twice on that, so I'll dispense attempting that for a third time. Reminding you of your own errors doesn't seem to change your firmly held beliefs.

Since you brought it up, I'll have to admit, I actually am smart - genius-level :) - by the standard IQ measuring tests. I was not playing games before, but now you dare me to start. So, I now have to make a choice between wasting my day on you, or just forget you and go accomplish some things on my to-do list.

I would go work on that to-do list.

IMG_2734.jpeg

I'm glad I was able to clear up the confusion that my well intentioned but overly brief response to Vinnie engendered for you. Clearly from all my posts on this thread, I am not confused about the NFA, but I apologize that I confused you. My IQ is only 142, so allowances must be made.

I'm glad I was able to clear up the confusion that my well intentioned but overly brief response to Vinnie engendered for you. Clearly from all my posts on this thread, I am not confused about the NFA, but I apologize that I confused you. My IQ is only 142, so allowances must be made.
Mine's only 153, so I'll make allowances for your failure.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR