JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the notion that unless you have never filled out a 4473, the ATF already knows what firearms you have bought from FFLs and that if you've already given the ATF your information, you are just as much sheep as the 255,000 Americans who registered their braced firearms :rolleyes: at least what I can think of :rolleyes:
Not if you just bought a lower receiver. All of those were used for full length non super deadly pistols. Lol

The Thordsen has been mentioned here as a brace work-around. It had previously been classified as neither a brace nor a stock, as per an ATF tech division letter, and was considered a "cover". A little over a week ago, Thordsen received a new letter rescinding previous classifications, and that product is now considered a stock. I do believe that they still have receiver extension covers that are currently exempt from the brace/stock issue.
Just an FYI. Pic for reference:
Capture1.jpg

The Thordsen has been mentioned here as a brace work-around. It had previously been classified as neither a brace nor a stock, as per an ATF tech division letter, and was considered a "cover". A little over a week ago, Thordsen received a new letter rescinding previous classifications, and that product is now considered a stock. I do believe that they still have receiver extension covers that are currently exempt from the brace/stock issue.
Just an FYI. Pic for reference:
View attachment 1431878
Absolutely no surprise here :rolleyes:
They won't stop until all modular rifle caliber semiauto handguns are classified as SBRs or AOWs.

The only one that they don't know about are those that have been sold between individuals without the use of an FFL. Completing a 4473 or using a credit/debit card for purchasing and they have all the information they need.

Face to face, cash sales, they have no record of not control of.

Just two words…

Civil Disobedience…

There's an opinion that those who have registered, for the "free stamp" are all abject fools and bootlickers, and that they're setting themselves up for raids/confiscation.
Why would the ATF need to raid an NFA registered person? What law did I violate?

Regardless, no judge of any political stripe is going to tolerate that sort of thing by a govt agency.

Is there anything some people don't have a conspiracy for?

Registration comes down to one simple question. What advantages do you get from registering? ...besides getting permission to own or do something that should already be protected under the constitution....

It is not a contract that protects you from any future bans, confiscation, or prison time. It doesn't protect you from corruption, liability, lawsuits, or harassment. It doesn't give you freedom to travel, or carry loaded in your car, or live in a state that has a ban.

What does registration give the AFT? Who you are, where you live, what you own, where you are going, when you go, and how to get to you.
Some (apparently 250k) may find that a fair trade while others (as much as 39,750,000) didn't.

Registration comes down to one simple question. What advantages do you get from registering? ...besides getting permission to own or do something that should already be protected under the constitution....

It is not a contract that protects you from any future bans, confiscation, or prison time. It doesn't protect you from corruption, liability, lawsuits, or harassment. It doesn't give you freedom to travel, or carry loaded in your car, or live in a state that has a ban.

What does registration give the AFT? Who you are, where you live, what you own, where you are going, when you go, and how to get to you.
Some (apparently 250k) may find that a fair trade while others (as much as 39,750,000) didn't.
If something is banned, it is banned. The fact that your unregistered thing gets banned doesn't make you any less of a criminal if you keep it.

Personally, I bought the stuff to build a brace pistol solely because I wanted to get an SBR. I think braced pistols are stupid. I spent very little on it and now I have an actual stock.

I'm such a sucker, I guess.

But I would bet that the 39,000,000 read too much nonsense online, are lazy, didn't want to bother or simply haven't heard about any of if.

Does the NFA crowd know that NWFA folks think they're idiots and traitors?

If something is banned, it is banned. The fact that your unregistered thing gets banned doesn't make you any less of a criminal if you keep it.

Personally, I bought the stuff to build a brace pistol solely because I wanted to get an SBR. I think braced pistols are stupid. I spent very little on it and now I have an actual stock.

I'm such a sucker, I guess.

But I would bet that the 39,000,000 read too much nonsense online, are lazy, didn't want to bother or simply haven't heard about any of if.

Does the NFA crowd know that NWFA folks think they're idiots and traitors?
Banned is banned. Registered now does not mean safe later. The fact that you registered a thing doesn't mean you get to keep it and doesn't mean you won't become a criminal if they change their minds. Those who chose not to register aren't automatically criminals. Some are covered by injunction. Others removed their braces to wait it out in court, or chose other ways of staying legal that don't involve more needlessly prying eyes. And a certain amount will ignore it all together.

Each choice has it's repercussions. That's not me calling the NFA crowd idiots or traitors. It is a reminder neither choice is without consequences. Each of us have to decide how much we can afford when it comes time to pay the piper.

It seems to be - and if you consider the sentiments of those who claim to be supporters, it is and has been for some time.

Even I don't agree with those who claim to support recreational nukes (whether the are serious or not).
What I want to know is WHO has the money to afford a nuke?

Banned is banned. Registered now does not mean safe later. The fact that you registered a thing doesn't mean you get to keep it and doesn't mean you won't become a criminal if they change their minds. Those who chose not to register aren't automatically criminals. Some are covered by injunction. Others removed their braces to wait it out in court, or chose other ways of staying legal that don't involve more needlessly prying eyes. And a certain amount will ignore it all together.

Each choice has it's repercussions. That's not me calling the NFA crowd idiots or traitors. It is a reminder neither choice is without consequences. Each of us have to decide how much we can afford when it comes time to pay the piper.
Look, you can't be a criminal for complying with government regulations. That's stupid. You might as well say that those who take advantage of an injunction are in the same boat, or that everyone who ever bought a gun at an FFL are going to be prosecuted. It isn't just that it all sounds like conspiracy nonsense, it isn't even internally consistent. I haven't given up anything that we all haven't.

Look, you can't be a criminal for complying with government regulations. That's stupid. You might as well say that those who take advantage of an injunction are in the same boat, or that everyone who ever bought a gun at an FFL are going to be prosecuted. It isn't just that it all sounds like conspiracy nonsense, it isn't even internally consistent. I haven't given up anything that we all haven't.
Post 1986 Machine gun ban...?

Meaning what...?
People who owned brand new registered machine guns made after 1986, in 1986 or 1987, found themselves made criminals for not getting the Special Occupation Tax or not being LEO/Military. There are 699,977 registered machine guns in the U.S, and only 182,619 transferable machine guns according to the ATF.

This means the majority of Registered Machine Guns are owned by SOT FFLs, corporations with the licenses, and LEO agencies.

People who owned brand new registered machine guns made after 1986, in 1986 or 1987, found themselves made criminals for not getting the Special Occupation Tax or not being LEO/Military. There are 699,977 registered machine guns in the U.S, and only 182,619 transferable machine guns according to the ATF.

This means the majority of Registered Machine Guns are owned by SOT FFLs, corporations with the licenses, and LEO agencies.
Why didn't they get the tax? Either they had a gun that was eligible for private ownership or they did not - FOPA was introduced in 1985 and passed in 1986. Why would a private person have a 1987 machinegun?

How does this pertain to a situation where people have done the NFA paperwork and received approval?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top