JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Indeed.

well; hard tell from the vape and meth fueled fires and all the burning trash... ;)

Speak for yourself, I've had a hard time finding certain barrels in stock :rolleyes: but then again. I wonder if a lot of people have already acquired 16"+ barrels for "projects" ... no way to track how many under 16" barrels are now are pin & welded to 16.1+" either..

Or mass laziness. ;)
There are a lot of unknowns, that I am actually glad for. I don't really want any more invasion into privacy or personal freedoms. The one fact we can draw from these statistics is that their the mass registration scheme didn't work as planned.

You don't. And I don't want to know These numbers are the people who registered out of the estimated total number of braces or braced pistols sold. The AFT didn't report anyone turning in their braces or firearms, and I don't see a massive smoke cloud of burning plastic. Barrel manufacturers aren't suddenly selling out of 16" barrels either. However, FPC and GOA membership is growing. Draw whatever conclusions you want, but it does seem to point to the theory of mass non-compliance and a statement by the American public giving the middle finger to agency overreach.
Anyone waiting on the lawsuit isn't giving the middle finger to anyone, especially if all you're expected to do is take the brace off. Which, again, no one is going to know if you did it or not.

Of course no one turned in their braces or guns. Why go to the trouble? But LE always wants people to know they can turn in a gun if they want to get rid of it.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, just pointing out that there is absolutely no reason to conclude that millions of people are purposely not complying. They might, they might not.

I was a lot more impressed by the non-compliant NYers when the AR registery was opened and almost none registered.

Where is this coming from? Of effin course I have, probably more than you.
It's the notion that unless you have never filled out a 4473, the ATF already knows what firearms you have bought from FFLs and that if you've already given the ATF your information, you are just as much sheep as the 255,000 Americans who registered their braced firearms :rolleyes: at least what I can think of :rolleyes:

250K gun owning sheep!
I guess it depends on how you look at it. I have seen many reports of people who were going to SBR items in the first place just use this as a "loop hole" to save a lot of money. I saw reports of people submitting 5+ tax free Form 1's which is $1000 savings. I know people who had considered doing SBR, but it was not worth the cost or the hassle but took advantage of this situation.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I have seen many reports of people who were going to SBR items in the first place just use this as a "loop hole" to save a lot of money. I saw reports of people submitting 5+ tax free Form 1's which is $1000 savings. I know people who had considered doing SBR, but it was not worth the cost or the hassle but took advantage of this situation.
There's an opinion that those who have registered, for the "free stamp" are all abject fools and bootlickers, and that they're setting themselves up for raids/confiscation.

My wish is that this fiasco applied to suppressors rather than SBRs - I would love to have a bunch of suppressors without paying the $200 fee.

Disclaimer - I do not have, nor had, any braced pistols.

The one fact we can draw from these statistics is that their the mass registration scheme didn't work as planned.
🖕This. Did or did not comply in whatever else way is unknowable and quite frankly... irrelevant. The main victory and take away should be the failure of their compulsory registry scheme.

The whole point of this rule was never about pistols being more dangerous or even "safety" concerns. The registration and control of law abiding citizens was.

Only 250k out of the multi millions... I call that an abject failure.

Last Edited:
Not the route I took but some people did benefit from a cheaper SBR.
those 250K should never had to go through the process in the first place. It's about the BS ATF ruling and changing their minds for political purposees.
It's the notion that unless you have never filled out a 4473, the ATF already knows what firearms you have bought from FFLs and that if you've already given the ATF your information, you are just as much sheep as the 255,000 Americans who registered their braced firearms :rolleyes: at least what I can think of :rolleyes:
Not when it comes to arm braces...

Regardless....it is an infringement on our 2A rights, period.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top