JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
just received notice that my application was approved (stamped conditionally Pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F. Quick turn around on this.

I hope you hear soon.
What gets my attention is that its a 'conditional approval' pursuant to ATF final rule. WTF that means..
Probably weasel wording in case the Final Rule gets overturned by the District Courts-SCOTUS; then it's either permanently approved as a SBR, tax exempt, or they ask for the $200 fee, I don't know honestly. Best guess. It's conditional on the basis of the Final rule being left alone or found "Constitutional " :rolleyes: also possibly conditional until the 120 days are up then its permanently a SBR? Your guess as good as mine.

Probably weasel wording in case the Final Rule gets overturned by the District Courts-SCOTUS; then it's either permanently approved as a SBR, tax exempt, or they ask for the $200 fee, I don't know honestly. Best guess. It's conditional on the basis of the Final rule being left alone or found "Constitutional " :rolleyes: also possibly conditional until the 120 days are up then its permanently a SBR? Your guess as good as mine.
Magic 8 Ball says "Cannot predict now".

I hope you hear soon.
What gets my attention is that its a 'conditional approval' pursuant to ATF final rule. WTF that means..
That was referenced above somewhere, most speculate (including me) that it simply means under conditions of the special exemption (ie it's not the standard sbr, no $200 required for this rule, no markings required). Speculation though.

Same here, mailed in cards. We'll see what happens. Been eyeing either a retro CAR stock or finding a fixed stock that suits the "colt commando" look of the C7 A1 fixed carry handle/FSB 12" Grendel.... but just waiting for the stamp to be approved or denied then we'll see where to go from there.

So Does this impact braces on firearms (shotguns) like the Shockwave or Remington Tac 13/14? Are braces still allowed on these?
In the FAQs, it very clearly says that Pistol Grip Only firearms such as the Shockwaves, would be considered SBSs with the braces on them and you 'd need either permanently remove brace or register as SBS with tax paid.

Edit so yes it'll impact such firearms because braces are being treated as stocks in the eyes of the DOJ/ATF :rolleyes: but these specific brace-equipped firearms (smoothbore barreled firearms with no stocks and <18" barrels) are not tax exempt it seems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top