JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then you managed MANY people who used alcohol and recreational pot that had no issues with them that you didnt know about because they were able to do it without it affecting their lives. Its just the problem children you knew about..
That is no argument. In the military, everyone was tested as they are in the trucking industry. We always knew who would fail before they were tested. It is only in there own minds that they are uneffected.

If I were to use random testing at work I'd have no one working for me or around me.

Random testing eliminates casual users from your ranks and leaves you with people that dont use any substances or are prone to abuse them.

Last Edited:
To the original subject of the thread, I don't personally have a problem with pot shop employees being armed. It's not likely that their core customer base would ever bed a problem. But being a cash heavy business, they are a target for criminals of varying habits. Same could be said about a bar or liquor store.
On a federal level these shops are still illegal and anyone working there would be criminal by association therefore not eligible to be armed. I don't necessarily agree with it but that's just the way it is right now and maybe that will change in coming years. Governments tend to like anything they can tax. But because of the "grayness" of the entire industry at this point between federal and state legality, I'll stand by my original statement, In my experience as an observant human, guns and drugs aren't a good mix.

A criminal by association? Really? The feds can go in and arrest all the counter workers any time they please. They dont. The fact is they are cash only businesses with tens of thousands of dollars worth of cash on hand at any time. Its not the customers who are the problem. Its thieves hitting a mark. The workers in these stores, and I drive by 5 every day on my way to/from work, should be allowed to defend themselves like anyone else. It is their 2nd amendment right.

Last Edited:
A criminal by association? Really?
Yes, really. Again, I don't necessarily agree with it but on a federal level marijuana is still illegal, correct? Therefore, if you work in a building full of an illegal item, and regularly handle that illegal item, and sell that illegal item, that would be a crime. You, as an employee, would be a criminal. I can't answer why the feds don't arrest or prosecute anyone. It's a complicated and gray subject. I don't disagree with you that they should be able to defend themselves.
I stated earlier on that I don't partake. That's just a personal choice. If you want to, go ahead. I truly don't care. I just find it interesting that so many pick and choose whether federal laws apply when they contradict with state laws, depending on the item being regulated.

I dont have a problem at all with anyone's civil disobedience of patently unconstitutional Federal law. They have been overstepping their bounds for a few hundred years. Don't help them.

Last Edited:
gay-married-couples_a485ae2e-5da3-40d4-b3db-64aacec818a5.jpg

Man I just don't believe this sh!t

You know if you have a pot conviction you can't purchase a gun right ?

in washington
if you check Oregon state gun laws there is a statute I believe that if your pot arrest was for possession prior to maybe 1978 you get a pass ...pretty sure I read this in the Oregon gun laws

Never stopped my brother. Misdemeanor possession 20 years ago.

A felony is a different story but a felony is a felony Mj or no Mj.

try getting a good paying job that requiers drug screen

I know there are 1000 guys on here that make a million dollars a year that are going to tell me otherwise

try getting a good paying job that requiers drug screen

I know there are 1000 guys on here that make a million dollars a year that are going to tell me otherwise

Ive had to suspend drug screening to hire someone because I could find anyone who could pass the drug screen. Literally had 5 or 6 qualified applicants and none passed and zero qualified applicants who could pass. Not that anyone really cared if they could pass or not . Its just something we did because HR tells us to. What someone does at home at night watching TV I could care less about. Thats the problem with drug screening. It gives you info on what someone did last Sunday. I dont care what you did on your own time.

problem is when they become complacent at work because they got hired ,their likely to do it at work and get someone hurt or killed JMO

Ive had to suspend drug screening to hire someone because I could find anyone who could pass the drug screen. Literally had 5 or 6 qualified applicants and none passed and zero qualified applicants who could pass. Not that anyone really cared if they could pass or not . Its just something we did because HR tells us to. What someone does at home at night watching TV I could care less about. Thats the problem with drug screening. It gives you info on what someone did last Sunday. I dont care what you did on your own time.
What kind of job was it that the only people that would apply were high?

What kind of job was it that the only people that would apply were high?
Welder fab guys.small town oregon. Good luck. Even now if i instituted randoms i wouldnt have anyone left working for me...and what would I gain exactly? Tried hiring anyone with skills lately? Very few people give a a crap about what the feds say they can do at home when the state says its OK.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads