JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldnt retire in Hawaii anyway. Can't stand island life. I certainly wouldnt register as anything.

What makes you think that it can't happen in Oregon? The Left allowed a man that defended himself against ANTIFA bubblegum to be railroaded into prison.

Don't think for one moment that they won't begin registering names during the purchase of any Cannabis at any time?

You're fooling yourself.

I could care less if people want to smoke pot. Don't care. It's just as dangerous to handle firearms while drinking IMHO. I don't think employees of a dispensary should have their hands tied behind their backs because of the nature of the business. But what do I know anyway.

Possession of the product is against Federal Law. The Feds aren't going to condone protecting it with firearms. This would be akin to selling firearms to bootleggers in order to protect their illicit gains.

This isn't rocket science!

I, nor anyone in my household, uses marijuana, so excuse this question: in Oregon and Washington, I presume they require photo ID to buy the item, as they do for alcoholic beverages. But do they record anything at POS? Medical marijuana, by definition, requires the issuance of a card, but I have no idea on recreational. If there is no record, I don't know how that would hit NICS, even if it still makes one a "prohibited person" under existing statutes. Anyway, I'm just curious on the legal machinery.

The pot shops work just like liquor stores. If you are 40+ years old they arent going to card you unless they have gotten in trouble for selling to minors in the past and they counter by carding EVERYONE. Its all cash and there is no transaction record and there is no record kept of your ID.

With the current situation given the recreational stores I dont understand why anyone would still get a medical card. Its my understanding the tax is lower and you can buy larger quantities if you have a card if you are a hard core stoner ...er...I mean you have medical need :) .

Last Edited:
While I was drinking beer at the local brewery, my wife and her friend went to check one out. Wife is a nurse, so... not a user at all. She's worked too hard to risking her career. When they went, She had to Show ID to bouncer, whom let them in. After that, they were free to peruse and buy, no further ID check.

Last Edited:
Thanks guys; that is how I figured it was handled. In Oregon, IIRC, recreational Maryjane is handled by the Liquor Commission, so I would presume the same regulatory rules and guidelines.

Alcohol is not a Federally Prohibited substance. Cannabis is.

True. In fact, hooch is specifically a substance that is not prohibiting factor, even though it is a "depressant", medically speaking.

NICS language: "is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802))"

Controlled Substances Act language (emphasis added): "(6) The term "controlled substance" means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986."

Last Edited:
Possession of the product is against Federal Law. The Feds aren't going to condone protecting it with firearms. This would be akin to selling firearms to bootleggers in order to protect their illicit gains.

This isn't rocket science!

Yep, and yet it's legal here in Oregon.You won't find a local LEO anywhere in Oregon trying to enforce a federal law.

The feds aren't going to stop states from ridiculous firearm laws either. It's not rocket science, but putting all your faith in a federal law is like pissing in the wind.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top