JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SPOKANE, Wash. – Pot shop workers say its not uncommon for them to face unruly customers. For that reason, there is now a petition that would allow employees to carry guns on the job.

For something meant to calm you down, pot shop workers like Kayla Cavasier see customers who can be downright crazy.

"They have one thing on their mind and if anything gets in the way of that, they get angry and aggressive," she said.

Cavasier works at the store where an employee was shot on Tuesday. She said the vast majority of her customers are chill, mellow people but, being in a cash cow industry, there is always some bad examples.

"Mentally sick people, they don't want to be in their own head and their sickness can make them do crazy things in places they like to go," Cavasier explained.

Tuesday's shooting has added calls to allow pot shop employees to carry guns to work. Currently, Washington's Liquor and Cannabis Board bans guns from pot shops. It does not matter if you are an employee or even have a concealed carry permit, guns are not allowed.

A petition is looking to change that. Written just days after Cameron Smith was killed at a Cheney pot shop, it says that pot shop workers have a "God given right" to defend themselves. Cavasier agrees and says guns could have prevented her co-workers from being shot.

Continue Reading: Petition wants to allow pot shop workers to carry guns

If some doper comes in wanting something to get high because they "don't want to be in their own head" and they get physically aggressive, maybe their minds should be moved from their head to the wall behind them at ballistic velocities.

o_O

Since the they are a 100% cash business I hope they have guns in there. Sitting ducks to a robbery. Though wouldn't be all too smart with the foot traffic in around the stores. People don't fiend for weed like heroin or other harder drugs. A stoner without weed is highly unlikely to knock over store to get more weed.

Just today I refused to even park in the same lot as one of those stores. That one displayed a "No Guns Allowed" so as far as I'm concerned the owners/employees shouldn't be allowed to have Guns either!

Man I just don't believe this sh!t

You know if you have a pot conviction you can't purchase a gun right ?

in washington

We have several head shops in my smaller town. I don't see a lot of business like in the medical head shops when I lived in the bay area. Haven't heard of a lot of fights or robberies here either. Sort of surprising.

Since the they are a 100% cash business I hope they have guns in there. Sitting ducks to a robbery. Though wouldn't be all too smart with the foot traffic in around the stores. People don't fiend for weed like heroin or other harder drugs. A stoner without weed is highly unlikely to knock over store to get more weed.

^^This
They are a target for robberies.

That's actually Federal Law and is on the 4473. As far as I'm concerned Pot is illegal.

No the 4473 asks

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Not "have you ever had a marijuana conviction?"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads