JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This year I figured it pretty damn good. Only owed them $500. Which I just paid. I often get a kick out of people I work with who brag about the several K they get back. When I tell them "you do know you got nothing back, they took that money from you all year"? Most of them look at you with that deer in the headlights look and have no idea. Hey it works for them I guess. :s0092:

This year I figured it pretty damn good. Only owed them $500. Which I just paid. I often get a kick out of people I work with who brag about the several K they get back. When I tell them "you do know you got nothing back, they took that money from you all year"? Most of them look at you with that deer in the headlights look and have no idea. Hey it works for them I guess. :s0092:
I get the goal zero thing. I usually plan on paying between $300/600. But we got enough write offs last year to get just over a G back. You know that money's dead to me , my wife had it spent 10 minutes after we E filed.

After owing a couple years in a row and having a monthly bill made us kinda swing the other way this last year and didn't owe but got money back.

If this last year hadn't been so financially draining then I'd have made sure half the cash went to ammo…

Bills before pills though and I'm gonna hope when I have a slush fund again that prices are low'ish.

On topic, I think Tatts and/or Guns are a main stay for a lot folks I hear so I'm not sure ammo is an average thing to buy except for the savvy and more informed.

When and if 9mm gets back close to $160 per case, that's when the panic will stop.

Until then it's all going to be hard to find and when you do, most likely it's going to be at scalpers prices.

Just my 2¢

Appreciate your 2 cents Bro. IMHO we are in a new era of (hyper?) inflation. Search 1970's inflation.

Get what you can, when you can.

Respectfully,

My 2 cents.

If you are finding 9mm for $160/1000 rounds buy all you can. I can't make it for that cheap, the bullets, brass, primers and powder cost more than that. I'm not seeing the wholesale prices dropping but the seem to have leveled out some and availability is getting better.

When and if 9mm gets back close to $160 per case, that's when the panic will stop.

Until then it's all going to be hard to find and when you do, most likely it's going to be at scalpers prices.

Just my 2¢
I doubt we'll ever see it under $200/1000 again

Just thinking that there is a war in Ukraine that is using up a lot of ammo. Add to that there are a lot of countries increasing their stockpiles in fear of war.

Just guessing but ammo will get really expensive until we run out of money. Does that make sense? o_O

After owing a couple years in a row and having a monthly bill made us kinda swing the other way this last year and didn't owe but got money back.

If this last year hadn't been so financially draining then I'd have made sure half the cash went to ammo…

Bills before pills though and I'm gonna hope when I have a slush fund again that prices are low'ish.

On topic, I think Tatts and/or Guns are a main stay for a lot folks I hear so I'm not sure ammo is an average thing to buy except for the savvy and more informed.
Sadly we are not going to see ammo cheaper than now without a time machine. :(
In 2024 if a GOP member wins the top spot will be as low as you will see it again in your lifetime but, even then its sadly never going to drop to where it was before he spent years cranking out money to throw at people. Couple more "mass shootings" and more laws and it will certainly go up. Assuming people keep their head in the sand as they are now more states are going to do away with buying ammo without a permit of some kind too. Its why I started again at every time I work some OT, buying a little more silver and a little more ammo. I would like to end up with enough to hold me till I retire. After that I will have plenty of time to roll my own again when price goes nuts. Right now I do not roll as I just have too much taking up my spare time. Everyone who shoots should learn to roll if they have not. Then if primers ever come back lay in some of those too. Look how damn long those have remained hard to come by. I bought more of those several years ago when there was such a glut places were waving the fee to ship them and many ignored them. :s0092:

If you are finding 9mm for $160/1000 rounds buy all you can. I can't make it for that cheap, the bullets, brass, primers and powder cost more than that. I'm not seeing the wholesale prices dropping but the seem to have leveled out some and availability is getting better. and how is $8 per box 9mm ever going to slow sales down?

In WA State I think there is a risk to ammo sales with SB 5078. I've been stepping it up.

Read the Substitute Bill that will likely be voted in by Inslee this week.

This is a very scary part of bill. No wonder people are emptying shelves.
(11) Whenever the attorney general believes that any person (a) 37 may be in possession, custody, or control of any information which he 38 or she believes to be relevant to the subject matter of an 39 investigation of a possible violation of this section, or (b) may 40 have knowledge of any information which the attorney general believes p. 5 SSB 5078 1 relevant to the subject matter of such an investigation, the attorney 2 general may, prior to the institution of a civil proceeding thereon, 3 execute in writing and cause to be served upon such a person, a civil 4 investigative demand requiring such person to produce such 5 documentary material and permit inspection and copying, to answer in 6 writing written interrogatories, to give oral testimony, or any 7 combination of such demands pertaining to such documentary material 8 or information, subject to the provisions of RCW 19.86.110 (2) 9 through (9). Any person or entity that receives a civil investigative 10 demand issued pursuant to RCW 19.86.110 and that has an objection to 11 answering in whole or in part may avail themselves of the procedural 12 protections afforded in RCW 19.86.110(8). Further, the attorney 13 general shall not share with a law enforcement agency conducting a 14 criminal investigation any materials or information obtained via a 15 response to a civil investigative demand issued pursuant to RCW 16 19.86.110 unless such information or materials are required to be 17 disclosed pursuant to issuance of a search warrant. 18 (12) To prevail in an action under this section, the party 19 seeking relief is not required to demonstrate that the firearm 20 industry member acted with the purpose to engage in a public nuisance or otherwise cause harm to the public.21 22 (13) Nothing in this section shall be construed or implied to limit or impair in any way any of the following:23 24 (a) The right of any person, including the attorney general, to 25 pursue a legal action under any other law, including chapter 19.86 RCW; or26 27 (b) An obligation or requirement placed on a firearm industry member by any other law.28 29 (14) Nothing in this section shall be construed to deny, 30 abrogate, or impair any statutory or common law right, remedy, or 31 prohibition otherwise available to any party, including the attorney general

I suppose Bimart got cleared out for being cheap.

If there was a panic Sportsman would be cleared, and they had plenty, but at the prices they are asking they can keep it.

I suppose Bimart got cleared out for being cheap.

If there was a panic Sportsman would be cleared, and they had plenty, but at the prices they are asking they can keep it.
When a panic starts on anything it always works the same way. People don't randomly flock to every place that sells the item no matter cost. The "best price" places get hit first. Then it starts to feed on itself. People go to the cheaper place and find none. So they move to the next and on it goes. If the lower price place is not able to restock fast the panic grows. The lower priced place having empty shelves is often the first warning that another one is coming and is of course ignored. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top