JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just paid $40 for two boxes of federal 12g slugs at Wally World. Definitely higher priced now

4221017_460swp.jpg

I shop the Bi-Mart sales also, $13 a box of 9mm / 50 rounds is about the best deal they have now, Ammo Inc or Blazer Brass. Get the flyer by email, go the first day of the sale and stock up. They have no limit on certain calibers, 9mm being one of them. Fisherman's Marine has decent sales once in awhile, but not as often as Bi-Mart. I watch my email inbox a lot closer for the sale flyer now.

Heading out to the range this morning I thought I would stop by Bimart and pick up some ammo, NOPE!

Stopped by three and all were cleaned out of 9mm, just 2 weeks ago they had more 9mm than they knew what to do with.

I have plenty, but when it's cheap I still prefer to buy a few boxes for range day. They didn't say anything about banning ammo, yet.... Chill out!
I was in Bi-Mart yesterday and they had so much ammo. Like the old days.

Don't laugh at me.

I was just in cabelas, Lacey, and they are rotten with all flavors of 9mm. Not a decent deal to be had. Every cheap 115 gr offering was .40per rd , and even the case prices were over .35per.

I said don't laugh, we needed to kill half an hour and I had a hundred bucks + a $25 gift card I've been trying to use for a year. Ended up with more mtm plastic ammo cans and this awesome little $20 bbq in the shape of a fishing bobber.
Oh , and not a stich of 30-30! Just row after row of some metrosexshull stuff that starts with a 6 point blahbla.

Don't laugh at me.

I was just in cabelas, Lacey, and they are rotten with all flavors of 9mm. Not a decent deal to be had. Every cheap 115 gr offering was .40per rd , and even the case prices were over .35per.

I said don't laugh, we needed to kill half an hour and I had a hundred bucks + a $25 gift card I've been trying to use for a year. Ended up with more mtm plastic ammo cans and this awesome little $20 bbq in the shape of a fishing bobber.
Oh , and not a stich of 30-30! Just row after row of some metrosexshull stuff that starts with a 6 point blahbla.
HEY! My Carl Gustav ain't metro-sexshul!:p

I shop the Bi-Mart sales also, $13 a box of 9mm / 50 rounds is about the best deal they have now, Ammo Inc or Blazer Brass. Get the flyer by email, go the first day of the sale and stock up. They have no limit on certain calibers, 9mm being one of them. Fisherman's Marine has decent sales once in awhile, but not as often as Bi-Mart. I watch my email inbox a lot closer for the sale flyer now.
Speaking of Fisherman's Marine, saw that they have Sellers & Bellot 9mm 115GR or 124GR for $12.99 through the 23rd as part of their anniversary sale...

2 Bi marts in 2 days.

The cases of Pistol ammo that were on the floor previous weeks....is gone.
The stacks of 22lr......are getting shorter and not nearly as wide.
Lots of rifle ammo

Still no 22 birdshot

Dude in Hillsboro was unboxing and fingerphucking a couple new Glocks.
He had a touch of attitude and just preferred to show off His Skillz.
I bailed emtyhanded.

Here's my crackpot conspiracy theory of the day:
Covid must have killed off all the 30-30 ammunition. Because I haven't seen any since about January of 2020.
Like the once common and abundant Passenger Pigeon, they're all gone now.

Here's my crackpot conspiracy theory of the day:
Covid must have killed off all the 30-30 ammunition. Because I haven't seen any since about January of 2020.
Like the once common and abundant Passenger Pigeon, they're all gone now.
FWIW my guess is no increase in manufacturing (supply) but lever guns becoming more popular all of a sudden (increase in demand).

FWIW my guess is no increase in manufacturing (supply) but lever guns becoming more popular all of a sudden (increase in demand).
Lever guns have always been popular since their inception 150 or so years ago. 30-30 has been a staple of Americana for 100 years.
Looks like manufactures are just cranking out a selet few types of ammo; the stuff people typically shoot in large volume.
22lr, 9mm, 5.56, and fmj 7.62x51s.
(Thanks for the reminder, might answer the ad here of a member who's selling some spent 30-30 casings.)

Lever guns have always been popular since their inception 150 or so years ago. 30-30 has been a staple of Americana for 100 years.
Looks like manufactures are just cranking out a selet few types of ammo; the stuff people typically shoot in large volume.
22lr, 9mm, 5.56, and fmj 7.62x51s.
(Thanks for the reminder, might answer the ad here of a member who's selling some spent 30-30 casings.)

@sikhed I was able to buy a bunch of Hornady .30-30 FTX 160-grain on gunbroker.com not long ago, and at a reasonable price. I'd been watching for it, had search alerts setup, just happened to win the auctions.

I tried again later for more from the same seller but then the wolves jumped in on the auctions and I backed off when the prices went above $1.30/round before tax and shipping.

@sikhed I was able to buy a bunch of Hornady .30-30 FTX 160-grain on gunbroker.com not long ago, and at a reasonable price. I'd been watching for it, had search alerts setup, just happened to win the auctions.

I tried again later for more from the same seller but then the wolves jumped in on the auctions and

I tried again later for more from the same seller but then the wolves jumped in on the auctions and I backed off when the prices went above $1.30/round before tax and shipping.
Crazy isn't it?

Every few years there's a panic, and after recovery, prices are higher, and stock is lower than previously.
And every panic gets more severe and lasts longer.☹️

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top