JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

what will you do now?

• Total voters
If the panic is over why haven't you all posted your guns and ammo in the classified section?

I bought all my ammo to shoot, not resell. Even though I have "plenty" of .22LR (more than BiMart my friend said) I wouldn't consider selling any of it except to a friend that really need some to take his kid shooting.

I'll buy more when I think the price is reasonable to ME, especially some subsonic 22LR.

Any chance of federal legislation until after the 2014 elections is dead as dead can be. If they can't get anything past the Senate they won't even try because the House would have killed it if it had gotten there too. On the state level who knows. Half the buffoons in Salem don't know which end the bullet comes out of, so who knows what we will get from them.

I'm gunna buy a rifle that can punch a hole in a pressure cooker at 1500 yards. Outside of that, I'm going to wait and let prices drop, just not going to play the game.

I too am not sure "it's over." It'll be over when the scoundrels are out of office. Since we've had several hundred years of scoundrels I'm just not certain that's going to happen soon. Hoping that there's a backlash against the Democrats, but that just puts the Republican's in charge for another cycle! What we need is a significant change with Leaders that are concerned about the country NOT their party and business interests.

For now I've been watching prices ease down. Now I'm hoping they continue their downward spiral so I can get the 2 rifles I want. After that then I'll I need are the 2 revolvers I want. Then the shotguns I want. And maybe the other rifle and pistol I want . . . . . I guess it's a never ending cycle!

Finish my AR build I hope. Now have two LPKs on order but none showing up yet. At least I have a lower and two lousy boxes. Pretty good on pistol rounds for 45 and 380 if I don't practice much. over 1500 22LR, and later get some Fire sights for the SKS to go with a fair number of rounds. And buy a box here and there to build the SHTF stock pile and to teach the missus to shoot.

:s0131:

Brutus out.

Would special rounds in an 30-06 do it? I've seen several cookers with prolly about 3/16 thick walls since mom and grandma canned a lot when I was a kid.

Brutus out.

Depends on how far away you want to be when you shoot it. I've shot through brake rotors with FMJ 556 at 50 yards that punched holes clean through. Really surprised me. Best way to find out is to get the round you want, then get a terrorist to hold a pressure cooker. Start a ways out, say 400 yards then work your way closer until you can punch a clean hole. That's distance number 1. Keep working closer until you punch a clean hole in both the cooker and the terrorist. That's the optimal range. If it's too close and places you in the blast zone, get something more powerful, or with a better sectional density. Get a new pressure cooker and terrorist and repeat the process. You may have to go through several terrorists to find the optimal combination of distance and load. Terrorists are in abundance and fairly inexpensive, but the cost of pressure cookers could really add up.

For the most part, people are less panicked. I picked up a stripped lower at Fisherman's for $120, and a Colt 1991A1 Government at Keith's for 9 bills, so I've been able to find what I've been looking for on a semi-normal basis. I still see new members asking $60 for a brick of primers, but I add them to my ignore list and will never deal with them. It'll be some time before we'll be able to buy large quantities of ammo off of the shelf, but until then, business as usual.

Personally I'll go right back to what I have done for years buying the ammo (.22 rimfire and 12ga) that I need plus a little more to add to the pile. And I will go back to spending 40-60.00 a pay check on reloading components since I load almost everything I shoot thats not .22 rimfire or shotgun. I'll also continue on my plans to add 12ga to my reloading abilities and then I will start to collect up slowly the componets I need for that. I buy slow and steady. No reason to panic no reason to buy with plastic.

If things get really bad for a while like they currently are I shoot less. If prices are artifically increased due to stupid people paying 2-3 times what various things are worth then I don't buy that stuff and look to spend my money on a different part of my hobby.

For instance since ammo and reloading componets are so expensive I am instead looking to complete a couple of rifle builds this summer. Starting with a new stock for my Target .22 that will be modified and customized. Not a big demand for target .22 stocks. Least the prices haven't got nuts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top