JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm building a Willys CJ-2A it will have an insulated aluminum hard top. The rig is being built for some long distance travel and adventuring.

You may not know this but a Willys Jeep is TINY. 57" wide with about 48" long not including the narrowing space in front of the seats. SO fitting a rifle into one is a challenge especially if a person wants it pretty much out of sight. So i got to thinking about over head options and wondered what if anything short of the things that look like someone strapped a gun rack to the ceiling and used velcro straps to hold the rifle in anyone has used.

The rifle I will most likely be carrying is a Winchester Model 1894 in 30-30 with a 16 1/4" barrel A trapper if you will. A very short very narrow rifle.
Check out Blac-Rac 1070 Gun Rack for Trucks, UTVs, and Wall Mount

IMG_20180623_165649608_HDR.jpg

Interesting mounting system though way to thick for the limited space I have available. Would be interesting to see it being used on something other then a black rifle. For instance it does not appear to me like it might work so well on a model 94 Winchester.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top