JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm building a Willys CJ-2A it will have an insulated aluminum hard top. The rig is being built for some long distance travel and adventuring.

You may not know this but a Willys Jeep is TINY. 57" wide with about 48" long not including the narrowing space in front of the seats. SO fitting a rifle into one is a challenge especially if a person wants it pretty much out of sight. So i got to thinking about over head options and wondered what if anything short of the things that look like someone strapped a gun rack to the ceiling and used velcro straps to hold the rifle in anyone has used.

The rifle I will most likely be carrying is a Winchester Model 1894 in 30-30 with a 16 1/4" barrel A trapper if you will. A very short very narrow rifle.
Check out Blac-Rac 1070 Gun Rack for Trucks, UTVs, and Wall Mount

IMG_20180623_165649608_HDR.jpg

Interesting mounting system though way to thick for the limited space I have available. Would be interesting to see it being used on something other then a black rifle. For instance it does not appear to me like it might work so well on a model 94 Winchester.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top