JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been waiting since beginning of October for my Out of State OR CHL through Multnomah county. It is set to expire coming up.
While oregon is a shall issue for residents.
I have heard that for out of state residents multnomah county is not recommended.
Sounds like they are slow walking your out of state application. You are allowed to use any county for out of state applications.
Where did you get your first oregon chl that is about to expire?

My renewal was online only during Covid and it went through quicker than it took me to earn $87 again. If they're slow walking WA apps now along with everyones BRC, it would seem that there is obstruction and collusion going on.

While oregon is a shall issue for residents.
I have heard that for out of state residents multnomah county is not recommended.
Sounds like they are slow walking your out of state application. You are allowed to use any county for out of state applications.
Where did you get your first oregon chl that is about to expire?
Through Multnomah, I briefly lived in Multnomah county a few years back before moving back into Vancouver. Good move on my part, as I'm from Vancouver, moved to Portland to be closer to work at the time, then moved back to Vancouver due to housing prices. Right before, it became a TOTAL shizzle hole.

Previous CHL is through Multnomah

That's utterly ridiculous. How can they justify this practice?
Yeah, it's like they're purposely sand bagging. The rate at which the queue was going down on existing CHL BG check prior to the 7th compared to now, is ridiculous. And the fact that there was no movement during those 2 days.
I imagine they still have the same amount of the staff working. Or they all took vacation and only 1 returned to work after a few days.

Through Multnomah, I briefly lived in Multnomah county a few years back before moving back into Vancouver. Good move on my part, as I'm from Vancouver, moved to Portland to be closer to work at the time, then moved back to Vancouver due to housing prices. Right before, it became a TOTAL shizzle hole.

Previous CHL is through Multnomah
Did you notify Multnomah of your residency change if not your card may very well be invalid already as of the day you changed residence to Washington state.

I don't think it is rejected. As it has not been assigned to a processor yet.
1671125513418.png

literally was called the Instant check system originally, definitely has not been instant in years. the state should spend the money they are on lawyers fighting and figuring out how to enforce BM114 and fix the current background check system and make it instant again. this state is screwed.

Last Edited:
interesting, I have had a few folks with CHL get put in the back of the line. Then yesterday and today with a CHL folks are getting to the front ( 13,297 of 38,635 )
Half a dozen folks get put right up into the 13,000 queue.
Really makes me wonder what's going on.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR