JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The law said over 30 round is high capacity. I would love to give this infor to my belove California.

In these case some on e should cash in punch of no brand uzi 32 rounds. I believe I have a few of those. Good things like this never come my way. I am thinking just sell my trash to them and get the money buy "the johny rifle"

I did. Cards ran out fast, IOU's given if desired. About 90% of turnout was pro 2A guys selling absolute crap. Did see one decent model 94 get turned in, Owners were quintessential libtards who looked half scared to even hold it.

I walked away with 375.00 in gift cards, Went to Newport Guns and bought the nieces a new rifle and some ammo. Cant wait for the next time ole Libby Libtard wants to buy me some new guns and ammo.... Off to replace and upgrade the mags I sold......:D

Oh... They took 20 round mags as Hi-cap BTW.

What time approx did the gift cards run dry?

Lol. I'm curious incase one happens closer so I know how early I need to get up.

FYI for those thinking of turning in bad standard mags because the Bliss Ninnies usually call them "high capacity".

"Newport police will decide what qualifies as a working firearm or high capacity magazine."
<broken link removed>

A gentleman called them and the Newport PD stated that anything over 30 rounds is considered high capacity.

That would be correct because 30 round AR magazines are STANDARD CAPACITY magazines. :cool:

I should take a old 50 cal inline black powder rifle over after i cut a slot in the bottom of the stock where a magazine would look right. Super glue a old plastic AK mag in the slot. They might think its some kind of russian assault weapon:D give me big money:rolleyes:

I went over there today. I got there around 10:15-10:30 and there was a reasonably short line. The nice lady in front of me had a long gun case. Her transaction damn near had me laughing and crying at the same time. The laughing part came from seeing the reaction on the Newport police officers faces when they saw what was in the case. The crying part came from my reaction when I saw what was in the case. There was a very nice AR15 and a 12 gauge pump that only had a pistol grip on it. I don't know my shotguns well enough to determine whether it was Remington or Mossberg. The officer manning the table excused himself when he was done with the lady and took the guns into the room next to where the table was. The room had a full front of sliding windows so it was real easy to see the reactions from the other three, one of which was wearing a polo shirt that identified him as the Chief of Police. I have to agree with JLuck about who the majority of participants were. There was a pretty good variety of handguns in the turn in pile and I didn't see one that I would have spent money for. I turned in my two little .32 cal pocket pistols I had, no big loss as they were equally dangerous on both ends and they got my H&R single shot with the broken firing pin. I enjoyed chatting with the buyers outside. The lady in front of me referred to it as running the gauntlet. I did have to take an IOU.

I heard of maybe one or two. couple guys out front had signs made up, Didn't look like they had bought much. might have gotten much better once money run out. I had a couple grand in my wallet for rescuing some guns but there was nothing much I'd pay for and didn't hang out long to "shop", Weather was so bad people had everything covered up and real hard too see.

The Register-Guard is reporting that the Chief of Police thought the gun "turn in" yesterday was successful. They reported that 67 revolvers, 35 pistols, 18 shot guns, 18 rifles (1 assault rifle and 2 sawed off shotguns), and 95 high capacity magazines. He said 2 or 3 were deemed museum quality.

WOW, so ... I thought they were limiting them to 3 returns.

I would have brought my bag of new mags over had it not been so.

Lame.

I think it would be safe to assume that they will not be accepting standard magazines as "high capacity" in the future.

I have no reason to make that assumption. These are not some super organized events. A few ignorant people apply for a grant, ask local PD to assist a function and do it. There was obviously lots of things they could have done differently but in their minds it was probably a success. It may happen exactly the same in the future or not at all I don't think we have a way of knowing.

I encourage them to do it again so I can help rid the streets of evil metal bits and injection moulded plastics again. Oh the humanity! !!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top