JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1700199740987.png

Aloha, Mark

They make good radios. Whats important is if you like it and it serves your purpose.
I "was" a home base guy but just like anyone else, I think its important to put a 2 way radio like CB or..? on mobile especially now for a just in case situation. It might be fun too! I was watching this guy on video. He was just making his own base antenna. Just a simple 3 element from hardware parts. I cant believe how that antenna can throw that far without a repeater. From a midwest flatland all the way to Rio de Janeiro. He was using a Cobra 142 GTL from the 1980's
He had to be using skip and maybe some extra power.

I was thinking about resurrecting my CB radio, went looking for it and it seems I no longer have one. I'd buy another Midland, but it seems their CBs are made in China now. What's a good brand that's still made here? I found President and they look pretty good.
A lot of nice jaw-dropper radio and on sale now. I'm even tempted to buy another one. :s0130:

He had to be using skip and maybe some extra power.
This antenna really blew my mind. :s0040:

If you're going to build your own antenna(s), get a NanoVNA. Low SWR doesn't tell you anything about antenna efficiency. A dummy load has low SWR. Don't be a Mud Duck.

If you really want to have fun talking long distances (DX), think about getting a Ham license. More bands available to use give you more chances to talk to other states/countries.

I'm currently using a wire antenna and matching transformer I built myself (a 132' End-Fed Half Wave and 49:1 UNUN) that is resonant on 6 bands without using a tuner, and 3 others with a tuner. I've got 31 confirmed/10 unconfirmed states, 39 conf./13 unconf. countries, and 5 out of 6 confirmed continents (waiting on Africa to confirm), and I'm not in a great location and don't get on the air all that often.

Whatever you do, have fun with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads