JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This radio looks like and old cobra.

aresii_9.jpg

I occasionally monitor 11 meter CB frequencies as my ICOM HF base radio has an 11 meter monitor only function, but all I hear is typical CB gibberish, a lot from the South, with what sounds like drunken idiots babbling incoherently, repeating what they say multiple times, and really nothing that sounds understandable.

I do remember the 'good ol days' of CB when it was a lot different, typical chit chat, BS etc. but it ain't like that now.

I occasionally monitor 11 meter CB frequencies as my ICOM HF base radio has an 11 meter monitor only function, but all I hear is typical CB gibberish, a lot from the South, with what sounds like drunken idiots babbling incoherently, repeating what they say multiple times, and really nothing that sounds understandable.

I do remember the 'good ol days' of CB when it was a lot different, typical chit chat, BS etc. but it ain't like that now.
Yep this is the hate, part about cb radios LOL Unless I'm on a road trip, or out 4-wheeling , my cb radio is in a box in the garage. and more often than not, I still leave it behind on a road trip, when 4- wheeling I keep a vhf radio with me as I can almost always hit a repeater, where my cell phone has no service, vhf gives me a way to call for assistance if I have an issue in the mountains … edit.. I rarely talk on any radio, I'm just not that interested, in pointless yakking,,,but like having the ability to communicate if it has a purpose…

Last Edited:

Must have been waaaaay before my time because I remember things being exactly the same when I gave up on the Cesspool Band 30 years ago.

Ham radio is more fun. I made a contact with Timor Island just yesterday morning. :)

Yea I remember it back in the 70's. My dad had a base station with a rotating antenna. Used to talk all over when the propagation was right.

Actually here in Central Oregon CB wasn't too bad - even into the 90's actually but thats about the time I started loosing interest.
Back in the 70's I had a giant dipole antenna on the roof and could talk for miles on the old 23-channel Citizens Band. Now I've got GMRS walkie talkies that can talk further on the same power.

Alot of the new President Radio covers lots of frequencies whether its 10 or 11 meter CB band. President Lincoln plus covers all these. There are a lot more features inside the secret menu that I wish we had back 40 years ago.
The A band 1 to 40 are all dedicated CB radio in AM or FM mode.

1700188273180.jpeg

Last Edited:
:s0114:
I'm talking about the same Lincoln radio. I'm not so sure if you're asking me or youre telling me..:s0092:
What are these "bands"?
Those are the coverage of the President Lincoln Plus radio we were talking about the other day. Some of the other President models the has those inside the secret menu. If you want to know more I can share you some videos and information.👍

:s0114:
I'm talking about the same Lincoln radio. I'm not so sure if you're asking me or youre telling me..:s0092:

Those are the coverage of the President Lincoln Plus radio we were talking about the other day. Some of the other President models the has those inside the secret menu. If you want to know more I can share you some videos and information.👍
The frequencies don't make any sense, so I figured it was a new FCC standard, but I don't see anything on the FCC website. Is it proprietary? If so, I don't need links.

I need to get a magnamount antenna. I have no experience with the new ones. I'm not sure if this will work on a prius. They have a lot in CB World.
I have an antenna in my pickup truck but I just use this for home improvement. Like twice a year.

1700198071423.jpeg

1700198302418.jpeg

1700198327873.jpeg

I'm leaning toward this Uniden for a cheap CB. It's got every feature I want, and the retro look doesn't bother me. For a radio with a built-in SWR meter, it's hard to beat.
They make good radios. Whats important is if you like it and it serves your purpose.
I "was" a home base guy but just like anyone else, I think its important to put a 2 way radio like CB or..? on mobile especially now for a just in case situation. It might be fun too! I was watching this guy on video. He was just making his own base antenna. Just a simple 3 element from hardware parts. I cant believe how that antenna can throw that far without a repeater. From a midwest flatland all the way to Rio de Janeiro. He was using a Cobra 142 GTL from the 1980's

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads