JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just laugh.

I doubt anyone turned in an assault weapon. I wonder if they called the Feds to report an unauthorized person was in possession of an NFA firearm.

Sorry. Had to. Their wording just pisses me off.

How are you doing that? Fred Meyer's doesn't give them the cards, they pay face value for them.
Yep and the shops we're talking with will take those cards that were bought with Bloomberg money just like Fred Meyer does at face value. I personally would love too see a sign in front of a gun shop with a big sign out front on the 17th that reads... "ACCEPTING FRED MEYER GIFT CARDS SAME AS CASH TODAY".

I hope this explained it better.

They way they set this up is going to make it really hard to have an opportunity to buy any firearms before it's turned in.
It's right at the police station entrance and you must have it locked in the trunk of your car or secured in the back of your truck.
Even if it's pouring rain, the folks turning guns in are sitting in there own vehicles waiting in line.
I see this as a test run for future turn ins at larger cities.
The last one in Portland was a minor riot going on as people were getting tired of waiting in the hot sun for more then two hours to get their gift cards.

If you know they will put their spin on the numbers anyway, why not take a few hundy of Bloombergs money to put more or better firearms into circulation?

I understand the bull headed approach too but I'm personally taking junk in to turn it into more and usable fire power for my safe. I will cordially thank them for supporting my firearm collection when I have my gift cards in hand. I also plan on buying some sidewalk guns if the opportunity does arise.

Absolutely! If you can, pictures would be cool. I like to see what kind of and how many people on the coast would participate in such a thing.

I doubt anyone turned in an assault weapon.
Last time CFO had a gun turn in over in SE Portland on 164th between Division and Stark, my wife and I went over to take pictures of everyone standing in line. There was in fact a guy who walked up and turned in a new AR15 and a new Glock19. The cops immediately scooped up all the magazines and put them in a box on the dash of their motor home. I heard the Captain tell one of the Officers not to do something with the AR because... (and at this point I couldn't hear him)... and the Officer set the AR aside. I asked if the AR was going to be destroyed and he told me all of the guns will be destroyed. Odd that the AR was separated and all the mags were set aside in the motor home.

My guess is the guy turning in the AR and Glock was some sort of schill for CFO because no one could truly be so stupid as to buy all that gear only to turn it in at such a loss, but then again...maybe he was stupid.

I've got two old unserviceable pistols that are worth about NOTHING, I'd love to dump them off on these fools. Perhaps they will do another one of these events closer to Portland and I can get gift cards. :)

I just laugh.

I doubt anyone turned in an assault weapon. I wonder if they called the Feds to report an unauthorized person was in possession of an NFA firearm.

Sorry. Had to. Their wording just pisses me off.
Nothing to be sorry for. Calling an AR15 an assault weapon is just plain wrong, and NO one with a registered title 2 firearm would trade it in for gift card.

I've got two old unserviceable pistols that are worth about NOTHING, I'd love to dump them off on these fools. Perhaps they will do another one of these events closer to Portland and I can get gift cards. :)

Just keep an eye on their rules - for the one in Newport, they have to be functional guns in working order. Non-functioning guns would likely be accepted, but you wouldn't get the gift card.

$25 for a high cap magazine? Really? I don't even know how many surplus GI mags I have, I could make a killing!
Possibly, but they might also have a 50 round minimum capacity to qualify for 'high capacity'. See post #43

I'm not trying to dissuade you, but I personally wouldn't trust them to not make a last minute on site clarification. It would suck to drive all that way thinking you're going to make some ammo money and then be in the hole for the trip.

I've got an old spanish .22 auto that was my wife's dad's pistol. I think it's no-name junk, I'd be happy to 'donate' it for $125 that I could use towards something more useful....;-)

I did get conformation that Newport Guns will be accepting (Fred Meyer) gift cards at full value tomorrow only from 10Am-2Pm.

Sell some junk drive a few blocks north and let Ceasefire Oregon and Bloomberg buy you a nice new gun. I'll be there.

If you do that, you should send a thank you letter, with a photo of your new gun to the folks that support this buy back. Be sure to tell them how much you appreciate them helping you purchase a new gun!

FYI for those thinking of turning in bad standard mags because the Bliss Ninnies usually call them "high capacity".

"Newport police will decide what qualifies as a working firearm or high capacity magazine."
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

A gentleman called them and the Newport PD stated that anything over 30 rounds is considered high capacity.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top