JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It gets like that here because 114 only passed because the left did it to Oregon, you can't leave politics out of the vote.

Voting is politics and who you vote for really matters so of course there are plenty of reasons given to not vote for those who want our guns.
It might be worth mentioning that I believe out of state funding in support of 114 crushed funding for those opposed something like 10:1.

@Longwalkhome

"It gets like that here because 114 only passed because the left did it to Oregon, you can't leave politics out of the vote.

Voting is politics and who you vote for really matters so of course there are plenty of reasons given to not vote for those who want our guns."

//////////////////////////

So if the point is to not vote for folks that "want to take our guns away" why isn't enough to just say "These are the people that want to take our guns away so don't vote for them" ?

Seems like it should be enough

@Longwalkhome

"It gets like that here because 114 only passed because the left did it to Oregon, you can't leave politics out of the vote.

Voting is politics and who you vote for really matters so of course there are plenty of reasons given to not vote for those who want our guns."

//////////////////////////

So if the point is to not vote for folks that "want to take our guns away" why isn't enough to just say "These are the people that want to take our guns away so don't vote for them" ?

Seems like it should be enough
I guess what I'm saying is that with a final vote in favor being just ~1%>than those against, after being outspent 10:1, blaming Oregonians or Oregon as a state may be somewhat less than entirely productive. F-Portland, fine. Retards, fine (no disrespect to the cognitively disabled). Just don't blame Oregon as a whole when big out-of-state money is fighting against people going hunting, that's all I'm saying.

I guess what I'm saying is that with a final vote in favor being just ~1%>than those against, after being outspent 10:1, blaming Oregonians or Oregon as a state may be somewhat less than entirely productive. F-Portland, fine. Retards, fine (no disrespect to the cognitively disabled). Just don't blame Oregon as a whole when big out-of-state money is fighting against people going hunting, that's all I'm saying.
You forgot to list "people were told to not vote because it was all rigged" And then there is the issue of folks not understanding that land doesn't vote, people do

I came here for update on 114 and what happens to all the unserialized firearms. Like, you need a permit to purchase a stupid .22 for teaching your kid, but the permit costs about as much as the gun, and there's no real plan on how to reliably get permits. Or, you need numbers on your weapon, but most people won't realistically be able to comply in time. Then, I read this dumpster fire. The government shouldn't interfere with the medical decisions I make with my kids. Gender surgeries, abortion, whatever, and I say this as someone who is generally opposed to gender changing meds/procedures on minors. Can we get back to firearms please? Good grief.
This is pretty much a throw away thread where people are blowing away steam. There is a thread that actually covers M114 where people should go for real information. I would expect this thread to be shut down at any time.

There is also a separate thread for HB 2005 that covers what you're looking for.

Left put 114 on the ballot, only Oregon residents can vote no matter who puts up money. 114 passed because the left passed it. The right is fighting in court to stop 114 and the left is spending tax payer money to get 114 complete.

114 is totally a Oregon leftist bill so only Oregon leftist are to blame.

Left put 114 on the ballot, only Oregon residents can vote no matter who puts up money. 114 passed because the left passed it. The right is fighting in court to stop 114 and the left is spending tax payer money to get 114 complete.

114 is totally a Oregon leftist bill so only Oregon leftist are to blame.
Not quite, we have a whole bunch of RINO's here as well as a whole bunch of folks who didn't vote, cause it don't count, or,...................
Almost as bad as not voting for a gobernatorial canidate cause you don't like them, so you effectivelly hand the leftist the win, and we got Bloody Kotex!

Not quite, we have a whole bunch of RINO's here as well as a whole bunch of folks who didn't vote, cause it don't count, or,...................
Almost as bad as not voting for a gobernatorial canidate cause you don't like them, so you effectivelly hand the leftist the win, and we got Bloody Kotex!
No way anyone but the dems get the blame for 114, they dreamed it up, got it on the ballot and got enough votes to pass it. Theirs is the full responsibility.

"The dems"includes me who voted against it. It barely passed in a state with a significantly higher percentage of Democratic Party voters, meaning that a large number of "the dems" also voted against it. With voter turnout in the high 30% range, I'd look closer to home for who to blame for the passage of 114.

Less than 1 percent difference between yes and no votes officially. Just a few thousand more could have blocked it.
Doesn't matter now, 114 should have never got on the ballot. The dems gathered signatures to get it on and got it voted in. Not trying to be divisive but the blame has to be laid if we are ever going to change things.

When 114 takes effect and it hurts the gun community then the response needs to be that the democrats of Oregon did this. Without responsibility they can avoid the consequences of putting 114 on us.

If the entirety of your political activity is a one-issue perspective, then I guess you have no other choice, but I don't see how encouraging divisiveness is going to increase your success rate. Maybe outreach and education, while slow and often frustrating, would be a better option, especially as a minority voter.

If the entirety of your political activity is a one-issue perspective, then I guess you have no other choice, but I don't see how encouraging divisiveness is going to increase your success rate. Maybe outreach and education, while slow and often frustrating, would be a better option, especially as a minority voter.
To stop future gun control issues we have to name and shame those who foisted on us 114. The gents on this site have posted many times how they worked with liberals trying to bring them around yet we gett 114 from those same liberals.

Every complaint about 114 and its effect on Oregon should be made to the democrats who created 114, let them bare the shame for having to wait weeks for an instant check, when 114 takes full effect and the community is dealing with mag bans and permits then it's liberals that caused it.

At some point the liberals have to take responsibility for what harm they have caused the community and the only way to get them to take responsibility is to remind them often they gave us 114.

NWF is a one issue site, firearms.

NWF could be looked at as a one-issue site (I'd argue it's broader than that), but life isn't. As a liberal that owns guns, the "outreach" I've seen at public ranges, my member range and in public speech has been, at best, antagonistic and mocking, and more often threatening. I have NEVER had someone in a 2nd Amendment shirt come up and ask me about my views with honest curiosity, or ask me how I balance my political beliefs with gun ownership.

@Longwalkhome

"To stop future gun control issues we have to name and shame those who foisted on us 114. The gents on this site have posted many times how they worked with liberals trying to bring them around yet we gett 114 from those same liberals."

"Liberals" aren't a hive mind, changing the mind of one of them isn't going immediately change the mind of all of them. But changing the mind of one of them today might help change the mind of a few of them tomorrow or next week or next year.

NWF could be looked at as a one-issue site (I'd argue it's broader than that), but life isn't. As a liberal that owns guns, the "outreach" I've seen at public ranges, my member range and in public speech has been, at best, antagonistic and mocking, and more often threatening. I have NEVER had someone in a 2nd Amendment shirt come up and ask me about my views with honest curiosity, or ask me how I balance my political beliefs with gun ownership.
Antagonistic and mocking, why do you think that is, is it because the party you follow constantly works to take guns away?

I have NEVER had someone in a 2nd Amendment shirt come up and ask me about my views with honest curiosity, or ask me how I balance my political beliefs with gun ownership.
I don't know that you should take that personally. I never ask ANYONE I don't know about their political beliefs. (And especially not religion.) I might ask you how you like such and such pistol or rifle, or inquire about the type of ammo you prefer instead.

I don't know if people really understand our system of government but 114 is forcing the political beliefs of the left on all of us. 114 is their big political fix to what they believed was a problem, your gun ownership and your property. The left has decided they have the right to tells us what we can own and the taxes we must pay to own our 2nd amendment right.

Frankly I find it hypocritical for the left to own guns. It's like calling yourself an American and joining the Communist party. That's my opinion and I am sure opinions will vary.

Awwww.......Come On Man.
Never mind the rulings of the SCOTUS.
There's a "work around" to the Constitution.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top