JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is just the ballot title for IP43 - there are at least 10 threads on this site already, long threads, about what to do to defeat this ballot measure. Step 1 starts with challenging the draft title, a process that's already underway with a number of members here.

I suggest digging in to those other threads, I don't know if it will be helpful to start yet another one.

The law is unconstitutional in many ways. But what a PITA to have this chit comin up all the time. IMO, if it gets to ballot, it will pass. Then the fight in the courts.

Since I have been a member here, I've not seen so much activity/threads on a subject. I think I need a Fat Tire.

But what a PITA to have this chit comin up all the time.

How many of us i wonder remember ole Ricky Baumann who tried the same thing here back in 1990, which resulted in a recall effort.
Then before him there was the lovely Gretchen Kafoury.
God I'm getting old​

How many of us i wonder remember ole Ricky Baumann who tried the same thing here back in 1990, which resulted in a recall effort.
Then before him there was the lovely Gretchen Kafoury.
God I'm getting old​

I'm old enough that I don't possess much of a memory anymore. I used to have one, but I've forgotten where I put it!!

I'm old enough that I don't possess much of a memory anymore. I used to have one, but I've forgotten where I put it!!

e2407865620f6045b115607d67f8dd71.jpg
"People have always been azzes...but the world was beautiful"

Keep forgetting bbbass..remembering just brings you more pain.​

I have no doubt these initiative's are funded by out of state players, sadly they give cover to our representatives.

Our Founders always said our Republic wouldn't last with an uneducated populace...

I have no doubt these initiative's are funded by out of state players, sadly they give cover to our representatives.

Our Founders always said our Republic wouldn't last with an uneducated populace...

I Agree the same people that donate to the governors campaign

Crap. That's not good.
I know. That's why it's important to try to stop it from getting on the ballot by delaying this by challenging the title, and if it unfortunately gets on the ballot and passes, challenge it's legality. That takes a lot of money though and that is where I hope
the NRA comes in. Although I would prefer they fight it before it gets that far.

Last Edited:
Make sure your educating everyone that you can.

Tired of people saying "its gonna pass for sure" "its hopeless" "oh well, ill just be moving" or similar statements. Quit it with that crap.

I actually think we have a good chance to beat this thing, EVEN if it makes it to the ballot. And I am not alone in that.

Either way, telling people its hopeless, or any similar type of wording is counter productive because there are some people who are going to use hearing something like that as an excuse to do nothing.

Lets stay positive brothers!

God Bless.

Tired of people saying "its gonna pass for sure" "its hopeless" "oh well, ill just be moving" or similar statements. Quit it with that crap.

I actually think we have a good chance to beat this thing, EVEN if it makes it to the ballot. And I am not alone in that.

Either way, telling people its hopeless, or any similar type of wording is counter productive because there are some people who are going to use hearing something like that as an excuse to do nothing.

God Bless.
Plan A: Stay positive, talk about protecting ALL our Civil Rights with anyone that will listen.
Plan B: Abide the Constitution and do not comply with unConstitutional Laws.

God Bless.

It' possible. I've meet a lot of gun owners that don't vote or even know about this. Please vote and spread the message through any means possible .also vote out Brown we should not have to forfeit our rights due to somebody else's thinking

Last Edited:
The law is unconstitutional in many ways. But what a PITA to have this chit comin up all the time. IMO, if it gets to ballot, it will pass. Then the fight in the courts.

Since I have been a member here, I've not seen so much activity/threads on a subject. I think I need a Fat Tire.

The trouble is, we can no longer depend on the courts to uphold the Constitution and B of R!! Half the judges are bleeding liberals, and the other half are owned by Soros or Bloomberg.

The Facebook group: "Oregonians against IP43" has like 116,700 members. If we all act in concert, and VOTE, we should be able to defeat this evil nonsense, along with flushing Brownstain down the hole she belongs in.

There is another Facebook group called GGWG. (Good Guys With Guns) They seem to be taking point on fighting this.

The trouble is, we can no longer depend on the courts to uphold the Constitution and B of R!! Half the judges are bleeding liberals, and the other half are owned by Soros or Bloomberg. ....

A large part of the erosion of the Bill of Rights is related to the drug war, which conservative judges have had a hand in perpetuating. This isn't really a conservative v. liberal thing -- it's about whether one believes the Constitution should prevail or whether raw power should be the guide.

I'm probably what you'd call a bleeding heart liberal but the way I see it, whenever any part of the BoR is eroded it endangers every part. So when people complain about crooks getting off on a technicality, that technicality is privacy or due process related (4th and 5th Amendments) and that complaint about technicalities leads directly to encroachment on the 2nd. I tell my liberal friends the same thing -- encroach on the Second with out-of-bounds regs, and watch what happens to the amendments they care about.

One must be a Constitutional purist - even when that results in things you dislike - else it all collapses.

If it passes, we reaped what we sowed, thats the honest truth but lets hit the books it may not be too late.
( yes we reaped what we sowed, when the turn out is less then even 60% to vote whom are pro-gun in some years well thats our doing it will be our doing if it passes)
But this will take people not the NRA or OFF,(they are useless this round accept for propaganda,) but people to not allow this to pass.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top