JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry, are untraceable and "ghost guns" an issue here in Oregon? Is there another public health crisis, in addition to opioid abuse, meth, herion, crack, "homelessness" and piss poor high school graduation rates?

Me thinks Ellen already has enough to keep her busy for a lifetime, she needs to keep her grubby little mitt's off Oregonians Constitutional Rights... Before someone discloses how her office was bought too...

During her testimony, Rosenblum described watching a video of how to build an untraceable AR-15 with unregulated parts purchased over the internet. "Even I could do it," she said.

Coming from someone who OBVIOUSLY wouldn't know which end of hammer you would hold to pick it up (let alone actually use it) makes that last sentence laughable beyond words.... go ahead lady, qualify that statement and make one by yourself.

Another thing, there's nothing to stop someone from taking metal pipe, some nails, and other "odds and ends" and making a functional slam-fire shotgun in their garage... but yeah, requiring a mandatory UBC and serial number will prevent it from happening...

She's as dumb as those squinty eyeglasses make her look. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, are untraceable and "ghost guns" an issue here in Oregon? Is there another public health crisis, in addition to opioid abuse, meth, herion, crack, "homelessness" and piss poor high school graduation rates?

Me thinks Ellen already has enough to keep her busy for a lifetime, she needs to keep her grubby little mitt's off Oregonians Constitutional Rights... Before someone discloses how her office was bought too...
You make a great point! There are much bigger fish to fry than what she references. I live near Portland and homelessness is a sanitation and drug epidemic. It may be fair to say that politicians consider the education crisis to be the most alarming issue of all! The Oregon legislature just requested 2 billion dollars to fix the lack of discipline in the classroom. Teachers are wanting more psychologists hired to help with the disruption. Just so you know I'm not off the topic of gun legislation, a $2 billion dollar tax is a serious consideration for taxing businesses that make over $150,000 a year. The more a business makes, the more they will pay. Of course, consumers will ultimately pick up the tab, and it will impact the prices of everything, including guns and ammo.

& why would any criminal 'build' a weapon when they can buy a stolen one for a lot less $ & time?
BTW, please show me/us the stats that support any claims these so named 'ghost guns' have been used or are the prevalent weapon of choice in crime(s).

Dan

"Ghost guns are a real and dangerous menace, and allow individuals to lawfully purchase or manufacture a firearm despite a prior violent felony, all without a background check or serial number," Rosenblum said. "Senate Bill 978 closes this dangerous loophole by imposing the established background check requirements and serialization expectations on both 3-D printed firearms and unfinished receivers.

How does requiring a background check for a gun that is off-book stop a criminal from using or manufacturing said gun? How would this stop someone intent on breaking the law from breaking the law? All this does is make 80% blanks no longer economically viable. Doesn't hurt the manufacturer any as they can take their blanks and just finish tooling them out to sell at standard retail.

Yes, because criminals will spend more money to "make" a gun rather than just getting a stolen one.

Yep, anyone can buy them, some may even be able to use the tooling to put one together.
But being that most criminals are lazy by nature and always willing to take the cheap and easy way out, I just don't see this as being a problem.

The last time I checked I could buy a used P229 cheaper than a parts kit and 80% 229 frame. Nevermind the $650 for the tools to do it.
That to me is in the hobby category.

And as far as making a "ghost" gun to off someone..
Most of the idiots post their misdeeds to social media or otherwise get caught by being stupid. Criminal Masterminds they are not.

Last Edited:
I would be interested in seeing any statistics that would justify these increased restrictions on our rights. I think there should be a requirement to provide statistical evidence to any legislation proposed.

I would be interested in seeing any statistics that would justify these increased restrictions on our rights. I think there should be a requirement to provide statistical evidence to any legislation proposed.
Unfortunately, a scientific researcher can make a study say anything they want it to say. I come from a scientific background, thus I speak from experience. For example, give me enough money, I will tell you coffee, wine, or any other stimulant is either good or bad for you. You pay the money, and I will find the scientific evidence to support it. So, absolutely, they can and probably will find the proof to fit their theories.

Sooooo, worried about "untraceable" guns huh? I thought we didn't have gun registrations so how would they trace one anyway? Just where is the database? We can't get BCG approval for a year or more. And if the firearm was bought before they started warehousing BCG info, good luck with dat!!

As usual and on que. Making statements to the public with no proof or physical examples. "We'll it must be true. Someone with no knowledge of current gun laws, said so". So what. School buses, miss filled prescriptions and homeless people out in the elements will kill more people in Oregon the 'ghost guns' and they know it.

Again, how will this Bill better stop the criminal that would break into my empty house and steal my gun that I can't leave with a neighbor or family member due to Oregon's laws? Or stop people that can't legally purchase a gun from making a 3D gun or...like gangbangers have been doing for decades, fashion a zip gun (no computer needed)? Or any other common sense prevention? All these are only after the fact punitive measures. Non are preventive toward criminals.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top