JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right. The only reason she would give up on this is because she was told to. This is either the party or Bloomberg giving orders. It happened before after Al Gore lost.

Four years of Trump is bad for the Democrats. Eight years would be a disaster of epic proportions. Supreme court justices may be able to hang on for four more years, but eight years is extremely unlikely.

The Democrats need to win 2020 and this is going to be the top priority. They need to get back the votes they lost this time and one easy way is to temporarily back off gun control.

CA, MA, NY, and OR to some extent are seen by the rest of the country as what happens to the 2nd Amendment when Democrats have complete control. They need for people to forget that four years from now.

The amount of gun control that is pushed in these states in the next year will be a good indicator that this came down from above.

Stay frosty my friends, Gov'ness Kate may try and sneak in some nasties under "emergency actions" or what ever they want to call it! Remember, Sweet Kate has the OSP in her hip pocket too, and they can make life pretty difficult for folks!I would not rest one wink until Kate is GONE, and Bloomingturd is Dead/broke!!! The 2nd Rights will never be safe as long as there is a push from those that desire to wield power over others at any cost, and those who fund it! Up The Republic!!!

CA, MA, NY, and OR to some extent are seen by the rest of the country as what happens to the 2nd Amendment when Democrats have complete control.
The amount of gun control that is pushed in these states in the next year will be a good indicator that this came down from above.

Seems like OR follows WA on gun control, not the other way around.

Don't know the legalities, but could someone introduce a bill that exempts current CHL holders from a background check? My understanding is that some states do this now, but they go through their own state police for the BCG. Might be an interesting counter to her bill to allow the OSP shirk their responsibilities.

Don't know the legalities, but could someone introduce a bill that exempts current CHL holders from a background check? My understanding is that some states do this now, but they go through their own state police for the BCG. Might be an interesting counter to her bill to allow the OSP shirk their responsibilities.

As I recall, that was tried in 2015, at least as an exemption to SB 941, but Prozanski and the others on the committee shot it down - I don't think it ever made it to the floor for a vote. Under the current political climate, with the D's still in majority, I wouldn't expect a bill like that would survive any committee, much less a vote.

As I recall, that was tried in 2015, at least as an exemption to SB 941, but Prozanski and the others on the committee shot it down - I don't think it ever made it to the floor for a vote. Under the current political climate, with the D's still in majority, I wouldn't expect a bill like that would survive any committee, much less a vote.
I agree, probably wouldn't make it through committee, but could act as leverage. Either get rid of the OSP involvement, or use it to save the state time and money by reducing the number of checks to run.

I agree, probably wouldn't make it through committee, but could act as leverage. Either get rid of the OSP involvement, or use it to save the state time and money by reducing the number of checks to run.

As a source of revenue, I don't ever see them doing away with this. For that matter, you could dump OSP involvement and just go straight to NICS like everyone else - but they want that $10 fee, and they're not going to do anything to give it up. I think that could only happen under a full on Republican majority, which may never happen here.

CA, MA, NY, and OR to some extent are seen by the rest of the country as what happens to the 2nd Amendment when Democrats have complete control.

Are you talking about some parallel universe Oregon? Despite its long standing as blue, Oregon is quite good for gun rights, you can get anything that's federally legal, carry most anywhere, especially if you have a concealed permit (which is shall issue), and there are thousands of square miles to shoot on. Stuff like 941 and the OSP controlling background checks, while certainly not great, are a far, far, far, far cry from the likes of California, New York, DC, Hawaii, Massachusetts, and a few others that I forgot off the top of my head.

While Bloomberg would certainly like more restrictions here, he hasn't gotten them yet, and it's still nothing at all like what happens to the second amendment when antis have control.

I like your positive thinking, but if Hillary had won, OR was headed down the same path. Just my opinion.

I don't know why these discussions deteriorate into some OR vs. WA thing. We are on the same side here.

I like your positive thinking, but if Hillary had won, OR was headed down the same path. Just my opinion.

I don't know why these discussions deteriorate into some OR vs. WA thing. We are on the same side here.

It's because members bring it up. Don't put it out there if you can't take it coming back. :(

Are you talking about some parallel universe Oregon? Despite its long standing as blue, Oregon is quite good for gun rights,

, and it's still nothing at all like what happens to the second amendment when antis have control.

Fortunately not all Dems are antis. But yes, the antis do have control in OR. If not for those monitoring and getting the fight going, we would have the same crap as Cali. It's just amazing to see any 2A friendly bills proposed. But that don't mean they'll get passed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads