JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would guess that he doesn't since most folks would be happy to say they have enough votes for their proposal.

I understand the notion of keeping firearms away from "dangerous people"...
That in and of itself makes sense.

However...
Who exactly is a "dangerous person"...and what is the criteria for such a judgement...?

And if firearms are taken away...
A working system , that is simple and straight forward for getting firearms back to those who have be deemed not dangerous , needs to be in place.

As well as punitive measures to those who would abuse this situation / law / measure / whatever....

Yeah I know...asking for the impossible here....
Andy

I would guess that he doesn't since most folks would be happy to say they have enough votes for their proposal.
That would be my guess since he can't even name any sponsors... and considering that the last session it was an absolute "no fly".

Several other topics of discussion for the legislature where mentioned in that article too, but nowhere did I see "school security".

However...
Who exactly is a "dangerous person"...and what is the criteria for such a judgement...?

A working system , that is simple and straight forward for getting firearms back to those who have be deemed not dangerous , needs to be in place.

As well as punitive measures to those who would abuse this situation / law / measure / whatever....

Andy
Case in point…. you're dangerous (Danger Ranger!), and I KNOW that I'm dangerous… because I'm cantankerous…. but I'm also peaceful…. until I'm not.

So as Andy asked, what constitutes, "dangerous"?

However...

Andy
Nationally, in 2019 4% of people attempting to purchase a gun illegally were prosecuted. Prosecution is at the discretion of local DAs. A few years ago Cruz and another Senator whose name escapes me submitted a bill to have the offenders prosecuted by the DOJ. Democrats killed it.

Nationally, in 2019 4% of people attempting to purchase a gun illegally were prosecuted. Prosecution is at the discretion of local DAs. A few years ago Cruz and another Senator whose name escapes me submitted a bill to have the offenders prosecuted by the DOJ. Democrats killed it.
2019....that's like so yesterday man....:D
All kidding aside...it is a shame that laws regarding the purchasing of firearms illegally go unenforced.

However...I still am concerned about just who gets to define the term "Dangerous Person"...and what criteria is used....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads