JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ironically...
At one point in time in US history...
One could be fined for having substandard arms , equipment and not enough ammunition.

Banning bulk sales of ammunition will not stop criminals from committing crimes.
The common theme with crimes committed are criminals.
Starting a solution to a problem where it begins , makes sense to me...
How 'bout looking into criminals instead of those who ain't causing the problem.
Andy
I would love to see that line in every single piece of written or in-person testimony for the upcoming anti-gun bills this coming spring. Even make it a part of your phone calls to legislators.

Proposed bills will be coming out soon and we need to be on the ball for this upcoming short session.

If history teaches us nothing... the main affect of legislation like that will be to expand the black market commodities list. Smuggling in questionable bullits from questionable sources right along with the fentanyl. Further increasing crime/theft and providing illegal organizations an additional revenue stream. Not to mention... make normally law abiding citizens into criminals with backyard shed production and distribution to "buddies" and other "trusted" entities.

Don't believe it? One word. "Prohibition". Look it up. :D

Edit: Granted, an extreme example, but the principles and net affect are the same.

Last Edited:
Ironically...
At one point in time in US history...
One could be fined for having substandard arms , equipment and not enough ammunition.

Banning bulk sales of ammunition will not stop criminals from committing crimes.
The common theme with crimes committed are criminals.
Starting a solution to a problem where it begins , makes sense to me...
How 'bout looking into criminals instead of those who ain't causing the problem.
Andy
I really like the way you think! Why don't you take one for the team and run for President?

At one time I did consider running for a local election.
With that said....
If I did run for President...I'd start the ex lax party....'Cause I actually give a sh!t....:D
Andy
Mmmmm. As I recall the original Ex-lax was a semisweet dark chocolate kinda deal. Remember seeing it in the fridge when I was a kid, look like chocolate candy wrapped in foil…

That's all I've got to say about that…. :eek:

"Today,Congressman Robert Garcia (CA-42), Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (FL-25) introduced the "Ammunition Modernization and Monitoring Oversight (AMMO) Act," which would restrict bulk sales of ammunition, would require businesses who sell ammunition to obtain the same federal license as gun dealers, and would require businesses to conduct a background check on buyers. Additionally, it would also apply the same prohibition on straw purchases for ammunition that currently exists for firearms, restricting individuals from purchasing ammunition to then sell illegally to othersand requiring data sharing on ammunition sales. "
Idiots

1699902956309.png
:s0090:

to manufacture ammunition for sale you need a Class 06 FFL.
Yes but not required to sell already existing ammo. For example, many of the people selling ammo on Gunbroker or at gun shows. Obviously not you, but many others.

Wasn't this tried under the Gun Control Act of 1968 and then dropped because of the administrative/paperwork nightmare background checks would be on ammo?
That system was in effect from 1968 until 1986 when the McClure-Volkmer Act was passed (look it up). Mail order of ammo was banned during that 18 year period. The memory is dim now, but I seem to recall retail stores that sold ammo had a kind of paper log they wrote transactions down in. No wide-spread use of computers yet at that time, so no BCG.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews