JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Um, I retract my previous comment slightly for modification...

WA is better on permit eligibility and iron access EXCEPT towards non-US Citizens.
WA also has the odd restriction on concealed carry that you can't carry in a bar or in the bar area of restaurant that serves liquor.

There are other states that require 8 to 16 hour training courses and some require live fire with marksmanship tests. Even though we have significant influence from Seattle, Portland, and Eugene, Oregon is not really that bad.

Good, picking targets is a start. Now you need to apply the rest of the rule: freeze them, polarize them, personalize them--and don't forget the other Rules; Alinsky was an evil POS but knew what he was talking about, and if tiny numbers on the Left can make these tactics work imagine what they could do with our side's larger numbers behind them.

Good, picking targets is a start. Now you need to apply the rest of the rule: freeze them, polarize them, personalize them--and don't forget the other Rules; Alinsky was an evil POS but knew what he was talking about, and if tiny numbers on the Left can make these tactics work imagine what they could do with our side's larger numbers behind them.

So does that mean we have to dress like KKK members and go screaming and yelling "Racist", "Homophobe", "Bigot", "Sexist", etc. during their meetings?? :rolleyes: I'm guessing that's a page out of the old Alinsky play book too?

There could be other factors that influenced her action: A very shocking up rising of the quiet conservatives in the election, the CA mag law being cancelled, the Republican Sec of state means they just may experience a real recall and the passing of a good proposition or two, maybe some freshmen dems that are not anti gun (think Betsy Johnson) another election for Brown in two years and the future under the Trump admin is not going to be "normal"

Who knows what a new SEC of State can do for vote counting?

Sorry, not even sure it was you. Also talking generally just a bit. In a pi*sy mood this morning because one of my fav grandaughters is posting touchy feely stuff about homeless on facef*ck. Mea Culpa!

All good. BTW, your username reminded me I'm probably one of very few people that still has a working Billy Big Bass hanging on the wall. Wife keeps trying to take it down. I'll have to put some new batteries in it.

"Don't worry, be happy now."

So does that mean we have to dress like KKK members and go screaming and yelling "Racist", "Homophobe", "Bigot", "Sexist", etc. during their meetings?? :rolleyes: I'm guessing that's a page out of the old Alinsky play book too?
Dressing like the Klan would only let THEM and their media accomplices portray us as being Klan.

What I would do is let the various niche groups within our side like Pink Pistols and Second Amendment Sisters lead about "Why do you want women and LGBT to be left at the mercy of haters?"

Let's put it another way... When Oswald Boelcke singlehandedly wrote the book on air combat in WWI did the Allies wine about how unfair and dirty it was? No, we learned the Dicta Boelcke, improved on them and beat him and the Red Baron at their own game. When the Nazis brouht on Blitzkrieg... well, there were whiners like Chamberlain and Montgomery, but did we sit and snivel? No! Patton studied his likely opponent Rommel, literally tossed an "I READ your GD book!" and proceeded to curbstomp him on his own turf... then continued to apply them until the Wehrmacht was no more. Did SEALs in Nam fall in with Comrade Cronkite's whiny propaganda? No, they studied Charlie's playbook, turned his own bag of dirty tricks against him and beat him at his own game.

And now this year, you have a brand new Republican Secretary of State, one that won't just roll over and do what they want - he sees any hanky-panky going down and he's going to drop the hammer (at least within the limits of his office). Plus Richardson is now breathing down the neck of Gov. Kate - he's one heartbeat away from the governorship.

Hmm...I wonder if the power of the Oregon SOS could fall within defining the limitations of a Governor declaring an "Emergency".

I think we should start positioning new "gun safety" legislation that few could argue with.

There is a near-constant mantra about mental health issues causing crazy people to get guns. So we need the "Close the Mental Health Loophole" law that allows a doctor to request a review for a patient that has expressed intent to commit actions. The HIPPA restrictions and the addition of court appointed reviewers has allowed several mass shooters to skate by just before going on a killing spree. Don't want to be too hard on junior since he deserves a participation trophy too...

It would be hard for folks on either side of the aisle to push back on a well-written law that stops the Adam Lanza's, Seung-Hui Cho, James Holmes, etc. types who were clearly mentally unhinged and in each case had some court appointed flunky give them a pass (after their own doctors thought they needed to be dealt with). It would also stop the tired refrain of "Reagan broke the mental health system in the US..." line that we've all heard ad-naseum.

I think we should start positioning new "gun safety" legislation that few could argue with.

There is a near-constant mantra about mental health issues causing crazy people to get guns. So we need the "Close the Mental Health Loophole" law that allows a doctor to request a review for a patient that has expressed intent to commit actions. The HIPPA restrictions and the addition of court appointed reviewers has allowed several mass shooters to skate by just before going on a killing spree. Don't want to be too hard on junior since he deserves a participation trophy too...

It would be hard for folks on either side of the aisle to push back on a well-written law that stops the Adam Lanza's, Seung-Hui Cho, James Holmes, etc. types who were clearly mentally unhinged and in each case had some court appointed flunky give them a pass (after their own doctors thought they needed to be dealt with). It would also stop the tired refrain of "Reagan broke the mental health system in the US..." line that we've all heard ad-naseum.

we should flood them with pro gun bills ----REAL, logical (not common sense) effective bills -----they probably will not pass but they can show the general public that there is another way
Especially if they highlight the anti gun agenda without being effective in crime control. ---CRIME CONTROL, NOT GUN CONTROL.

I don't see any "debate between OR and WA." As long as Democrats (including those I know who own guns) continue to vote for Democrats, we're all in trouble. One silly restriction at a time, the anti-gun agenda will continue its insidious incremental march toward where California is already heading - and beyond.

Last Edited:

we should flood them with pro gun bills ----REAL, logical (not common sense) effective bills -----they probably will not pass but they can show the general public that there is another way
Especially if they highlight the anti gun agenda without being effective in crime control. ---CRIME CONTROL, NOT GUN CONTROL.

I don't follow WA as closely as OR, but didn't SAF do just this - work together with the legislators to help come up with a bill that addresses mental health concerns without attacking gun owners in the process? Did that bill go anywhere?

No, no more bills. We only need to repeal the stuff that's been forced on us.

Repeal will require a bill.
Plenty of positive subjects. No BGC for CHL for one.
require laws to apply to law makers ---and body guards.
no design restrictions for " benign" fire arm features---adjustable stocks, flash hiders, thumb hole stocks.
No restrictions on historic arms such as M1 and other military examples.

Repeal will require a bill.
Plenty of positive subjects. No BGC for CHL for one.
require laws to apply to law makers ---and body guards.
no design restrictions for " benign" fire arm features---adjustable stocks, flash hiders, thumb hole stocks.
No restrictions on historic arms such as M1 and other military examples.
Including historic full-auto and short-barrel, right? :) (EG, Thompson, shorty SxS coachgun, Buntline stocked SAA like Earp's)

I hate to say "I told you so," but... :)

She's got a lot on her plate, schools falling apart, busted budget, etc. Let's help her out folks and pull our kids out of the schools, heh.

She'll still pursue legislation to close so-called loopholes that allow gun sales without a background check

:confused: What are they talking about?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top