JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

This is a stupid law - designed for the War on Drugs. You know, if it saves one life BS.

Let us hope it stays permanent.

Remember that crude oil drop on Monday? Well....who REALLY lost money?

Off the top of my head......
I'd say that they were probably mostly "speculators". Yup....those same people that make insane profits when oil prices go up. And, of course they probably never intend to actually take possession of the oil. They just like to play with our lives and make money. But such is THE MARKET. Risk and reward.

Anyway, I have very little sympathy for them. .Rrrright...….so who are they? Well, watch from 7:03 in this video to get a hint. Of course there were probably many more....including maybe some Americans. Oh well....the PROBLEMS of the RICH.

Aloha, Mark

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, those of us who applied for UI over a month ago, still are not getting any acknowledgement from Oregon that we are eligible, much less any $ in the bank.

That's good IMO - shows people are preparing.

It is better to have cash or stable liquid funds, than to lose $ in the stock market waiting for it to come back eventually (in a year or two).

At one point I was down about $80K in my retirement funds, now I am only down about $30K. The market will probably return to January levels in a month or so. At that point, I am going to pull completely out of stocks and some bonds, and put that into a cash fund. I won't earn much, if at all, but at least I won't lose anything and right now, I can't afford to lose anything - I may need that money soon (i.e., next year) - I won't be able to wait until 2022 for the market to come back.

Also, more economists/traders/et. al. are predicting a second drop in the market that will be 40-80% in the 3rd to 4th quarter, not recovering from that until late 2021 or 2022. On top of that, a deep recession.

Normally I make about 1-2% on my checking account, but I have to make 12 POS purchases to get that. Usually I can when I am working - gas, groceries, odds and ends, fast food. But not now - I make maybe 4-5 POS purchases a month - but still no fees.

I really think its going into the bank and savings because there are so few places to spend it. A lot of people that are on unemployment are also getting a significant amount more income then if they were working. Couple that with no where to go and you are going to see increases.

Stock market is kind of flat this week (on average) but still slowly (albeit slower) inching up, as are my IRA/401K balances.

I am still planning on going to cash (money market) on at least the bulk of the balance on the conventional IRA - which will be about $340K - if it gets back to pre-CV levels. Think I will leave the Roth ($45-$50K) 80/20 bonds/stocks - or maybe go all bonds or money market - vacillating back and forth. Leaning towards all bonds. Then 80/20 Bonds/stocks on 401K ($45-$50K). Leave everything like that until the end of 2021 - but if the stock market bottoms out again, especially if it goes below 40% down, then jump back in with the cash.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top