JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am all for it, as long as they carry Glocks with switches. What are their colors going to be?
1694413559345.png

At first, I thought this was going to be a fake news thing. Being as freerepublic.com has credibility issues. But I looked into Urban Alchemy and they are a real thing. I can't say if the deal about Portland considering using them is real, maybe just a momentary talking point of the mayor's. But Urban Alchemy has been hired in Los Angeles, San Francisco and other places. And they do hire ex-cons, that's part of their rehabilitation program. UA hasn't been fielded without problems, but dealing with homelessness and crime isn't simple work. UA may be more about optics for these big cities, and to some degree, just a wild swing at a big problem. Money is being made on the deal, but for the cities, it's probably less expensive and a seeming alternative to more police. My opinion, over time UA is destined to crash and burn.

At first, I thought this was going to be a fake news thing. Being as freerepublic.com has credibility issues. But I looked into Urban Alchemy and they are a real thing. I can't say if the deal about Portland considering using them is real, maybe just a momentary talking point of the mayor's. But Urban Alchemy has been hired in Los Angeles, San Francisco and other places. And they do hire ex-cons, that's part of their rehabilitation program. UA hasn't been fielded without problems, but dealing with homelessness and crime isn't simple work. UA may be more about optics for these big cities, and to some degree, just a wild swing at a big problem. Money is being made on the deal, but for the cities, it's probably less expensive and a seeming alternative to more police. My opinion, over time UA is destined to crash and burn.
Eventually they'll become the democrats national police force…

So, as with most politics, it's about optics and not about fixing a simple problem. Commit a crime, go to jail. Commit an infraction, get a ticket.

Simple rules most (the majority) of cities abide by. I just got back from the Midwest. Traveled across 4 states. Stayed in 6 hotels and I don't recall any graffiti and experienced minimal homeless.

Made a miscalculation and Stayed in a more depressed area one night. Even then, people still took care of their property. The hotel was rundown but the employees did the best they could. It's about the mentality and acceptability.

Ted Wheeler is a coward and a tool. He has cost hard working, risk taking small business owners everything so he can virtue signal. Those people lost their investments and people still hate Wheeler.

So, as with most politics, it's about optics and not about fixing a simple problem. Commit a crime, go to jail. Commit an infraction, get a ticket.

Simple rules most (the majority) of cities abide by. I just got back from the Midwest. Traveled across 4 states. Stayed in 6 hotels and I don't recall any graffiti and experienced minimal homeless.

Made a miscalculation and Stayed in a more depressed area one night. Even then, people still took care of their property. The hotel was rundown but the employees did the best they could. It's about the mentality and acceptability.

Ted Wheeler is a coward and a tool. He has cost hard working, risk taking small business owners everything so he can virtue signal. Those people lost their investments and people still hate Wheeler.
You can see a difference just a few hundred yards, if that, out of potland city limits. A coward, but tool?
"Tools" by my definition, are useful. You really want to see something, watch 5 minutes of that pasty butt-nugget during a city hall meeting. One 3 min stretch, if you can stand it, is enough.

So I've been wondering........

Say that some cop (while in the course of duty) does something "stupid". And mind you that I'm putting it "mildly". Ok, Ok, ok.......the Police get sued (read as the City, the PPB, and the cop). Yup......looking for the deepest pockets and include a list of all of the usual pockets.

But if another party (i.e. private company/organization) is hired to do the policing function.....and so, say that the ex-con (employed by that company/organization) does something "stupid".

Does that mean that the (individual, the organization/business) will get sued and the City will be "protected"? IF NOT just a little bit?

OK, Ok, ok......I don't have access to the contract details. And I'm NOT even going there.......about the deepest pockets and lawyers being lawyers.

So then.....
Is it something about perhaps a bit of "protection," for the City?

Aloha, Mark

PS.......otherwise, just revert back to......

POLITICIANS are STUPID!

Last Edited:
What's the beef? Can it be any worse than those running the city? It is apparent that is just what the local electorate wanted.
Only now, It will just be one big happy family with the whole asylum now run by the inmates..

We the people deserve security and stability for our taxable labors. Not continually failed social experiments. The worst of it is nobody is ever punished for the failures, except the tax payers.

So I've been wondering........

Say that some cop (while in the course of duty) does something "stupid". And mind you that I'm putting it "mildly". Ok, Ok, ok.......the Police get sued (read as the City, the PPB, and the cop). Yup......looking for the deepest pockets and include a list of all of the usual pockets.

But if the 3rd party is hired to do the policing function?

Say that the ex-con does something "stupid".

Does that mean that the (individual, the organization/business) will get sued and the City will be "protected"? IF NOT just a little bit?

OK, Ok, ok......I don't have access to the contract details. And I'm NOT even going there.......about the deepest pockets and lawyers being lawyers.

So then.....
Is it something about perhaps a bit of "protection," for the City?

Aloha, Mark

PS.......otherwise, just revert back to......

POLITICIANS are STUPID!
I would think the company and the city would be liable.

I work for a city and if we contract out a job and the contractor screws something up both parties are liable to some degree.

I work for a city and if we contract out a job and the contractor screws something up both parties are liable to some degree.
Yup......

"To some degree"........that's what I'm talkin' about.
Perhaps, it's about some vs a lot of money?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....never mind the "quality/level" of the service that is provided.

Story.....
Millions of dollars but "NO SERVICE".

Just yesterday I was at Home Depot. Sorry but, the local hardware store was closed already.

Anyway, I was buying just a few washers, nuts and bolts to complete a project (mounting that Dillon to the bench). So......HD had the nuts and bolts that I wanted and I could buy them a couple of pieces at a time. Not forced to buy the entire box/bag. That's good. But, there was no small bag where I could place them inside and write the prices on the bag.

OK, Ok, ok........I guess I'll commit the prices to memory so that I can tell the checkout person. But, don't delay me or distract me......because, I might forget.

Dam it......shortest line was at the self check out.

HELP!!!!! How am I suppose to do this?

Last Edited:
It takes years of reading a news site like freerepublic.com to recognize the bot stories the democrats post up compared to real news stories. Many years ago before they were infiltrated by the democrats you could count on free republic as a solid news source.

These days every news source has been infiltrated by the commie left so you have to know who the poster is to trust the story.

A lot of the really great sites are not allowed here so I bring stories of interest that ring true from sites not condemned by the management,....yet.

Under Cloward and Piven you break every cities budget to destroy America, look around and you will see this is just another step in our destruction.

Yup......

"To some degree"........that's what I'm talkin' about.
Perhaps, it's about some vs a lot of money?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....never mind the "quality/level" of the service that is provided.

Story.....
Millions of dollars but "NO SERVICE".

Just yesterday I was at Home Depot. Sorry but, the local hardware store was closed already.

Anyway, I was buying just a few washers, nuts and bolts to complete a project (mounting that Dillon to the bench). So......HD had the nuts and bolts that I wanted and I could buy them a couple of pieces at a time. Not forced to buy the entire box/bag. That's good. But, there was no small bag where I could place them inside and write the prices on the bag.

OK, Ok, ok........I guess I'll commit the prices to memory so that I can tell the checkout person. But, don't delay me or distract me......because, I might forget.

Dam it......shortest line was at the self check out.

HELP!!!!! How am I suppose to do this?
Since this Co has a known track record of screw ups already the lawyers will love this. As soon as one does something stupid, which will not take long here come the lawyers. City will of course pay . So again the people there who keep voting for this get to taste some more of what they keep asking for.
As for the store I long ago took to using my phone to snap a pic of the SKU for stuff like that. Can save a LOT of time at checkout.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top