JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alpha India Six Yankee Hotel.

Still need to re-program my radios from when I lived Behind Enemy Lines in Kalifornistan.

Last Edited:
I'm curious why some are hiding their call signs. Transmitting it over the air every 10 or less minutes is no different than posting it on a forum. :D

Would you post your full name, DOB, address, phone number and current location, please?
No DOB and no phone number show up on a license search. Full name and address yes. With as much junk mail as I receive, pretty sure the whole damn world knows that info.

I made the conscious decision to out myself after some thought.
I've lived this long essentially by outliving my enemies and some dumb luck.
I really have no reason to hide anymore.
However...
I understand why some would not expose their callsigns.
If for instance, I choose to take up an SOT again it will have no contact with this address.
Security by obscurity isn't a bad thing. I just choose otherwise.
There is the old saying, "Just because you think they're out to get you doesn't mean they aren't".

If I can be of help, I can be reached here, teh Zed, on the air, or in person.

I didn't say anything in previous post, but with your name/address, even an old codger like myself has the ability to rain down a lot of havoc in someone's life,, if I was so inclined to do so. Having the knowledge to do so doesn't make me a bad person just gives me another skillset, and a healthy respect for what's possible. NOW think about visitors here who are not members and who would love to start messing with members on this forum….

After Golfing 7 Ineeda Whiskey reporting. Wut? You never learned the improved phonetic alphabet (IPA) used by the cool nerdz? Went from no license to extra in the same session. Only proves I test easy. Practical experience durned near zilch, and limited to helping a local group do comms for a century (!) foot race a few years back.

I need to get spun back up and start fiddling with my equipment again in the event I need emergency comms. Getting licensed was a personal challenge, but I stopped before doing the do.

Last Edited:
Saw an especially funny episode of Doomsday Preppers, the guy had a supper secret location with an extensive antenna farm and com equipment. He also had his callsign proudly displayed on his radio desk. A quick callsign lookup and a viewing on google earth provided a nice view of his secret location.
A lot of times I disagree with Canada however at least they don't dox ham operator...

Last Edited:
I've got a few radios. Icom 705, Yaesu vx7r, Kenwood th-d72a and a Kenwood tm-d720ga for the car. I bought the Kenwood's for their aprs and open tnc. I've been practicing Morse the last year or so. I use aprs, ft8 on occasion, winlink.

Just got my license a little while back Thinking really hard about getting a Yaesu handheld for my 1st broadcast
Baofeng and "chirp". find the shortcomings of a digital sdr radio w/o a receiver front end for $25 in a disposable appliance before you spend literally hundreds for a quality HT. If nothing else the Baofeng is disposable.

If nothing else the Baofeng is disposable.
Actually the Baofeng is not a bad way to start out. I started with one and still use one in one of my vehicles, however i'm using a good mobile antenna and it works quite well. Manual programming them is not that hard either.

I can hit a couple repeaters in about a 20 mile range and usually hear from other I am 'loud and clear.

Actually the Baofeng is not a bad way to start out. I started with one and still use one in one of my vehicles, however i'm using a good mobile antenna and it works quite well. Manual programming them is not that hard either.

I can hit a couple repeaters in about a 20 mile range and usually hear from other I am 'loud and clear.
Ditto.

You're not a ham newb unless you're rocking a Baofeng. I used my f8hp hooked to a trunk lip mount antenna with an external mic for awhile before moving to a proper mobile (still a Baofeng).

Heck I was recently GIVEN two brand new Baofengs - an UV5R and a newer version by a local who was frustrated with programming them.

Manual programming them is a bit of a challenge but if one can adjust the programming settings on a modern smart phone then he/she can learn to program a Baofeng.

I left a Baofeng on top of the car when I went into the grocery store.

When I came back out there were two more

;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top