JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bag:
Badlands Super Day Pack
(Always set up for deep woods hunting/survival; knives, fire, water needs etc)

Handgun:
Ruger GP100 6" .357mag
(I can hunt with it as needed if I only have 100 rounds and will take an extra 2 lbs for the power vs my 9mm)

Rifle:
Ruger Gunsight Scout in .308win
Lepould 4x scout scope
(Looking for a 2x12 to put in the case with quick / no tools needed attach rings)
(Hunting rifle so its familiar and bolt action so its reliable. Magazine fed and short barreled so good for protection as well. Has Iron ghost sights as backups.)

full honor system....

this exact kit just as it sits in in the closet waiting to be grabbed at a moments notice. its a bit more ammo though than your initial post. I carry 17 mags on the body with an additional 15 in the assault pack that is connected to the ruck.

Side Arm is the M&P9. rifle is obviously the AR. there is water purification tools and fire starter tools as well as 10 MRE'S. Not enough to sustain my family for very long but long enough to get to where I have more stored. To me its all about preparation. you don't need to be the biggest "prepper" in the world with every wiz bang gadget. just the basics with a strong understanding of how to use them.

IMAG3410.jpg

full honor system....

this exact kit just as it sits in in the closet waiting to be grabbed at a moments notice. its a bit more ammo though than your initial post. I carry 17 mags on the body with an additional 15 in the assault pack that is connected to the ruck.

Side Arm is the M&P9. rifle is obviously the AR. there is water purification tools and fire starter tools as well as 10 MRE'S. Not enough to sustain my family for very long but long enough to get to where I have more stored. To me its all about preparation. you don't need to be the biggest "prepper" in the world with every wiz bang gadget. just the basics with a strong understanding of how to use them.
I want to go hiking with you, you must be a mule !

Oki700, here is my thought process, if it does go down in a way where it's a time to grab your go gear it also means there will be no easy resupply. No bimart for ammo, no Safeway for dinner..ect. so what happens if the situation dictates that you heaven forbid need to use your weapon against say, a group of looters. If there are more than a few bent on killing me or my family I'll be pretty upset if I only have 3 mags (90 rounds) I would rather be prepared and not need it than caught off guard. Just my worthless .02

Folding stock = concealable The Robinson XCR is an AR15 - AK47 hybrid. The gas system + bolt are like the AK and there is a non reciprocating charging handle on the left side

Sig TacOps is the sweetest handgun I've ever shot, if I was going to be in a gun fight this is what I would choose.

Both these weapons use standard and easy to scrounge ammo

8234143dc86154856a86d0b0447800c9_zps62bf0bfb.jpg

sig-sauer-p226-dark-elite-9mm-b.jpg

There is a colossal shaking of the earth as trenches opens, the earth is rent apart, great balls of fire rain from the sky. I can see alien ships following the initial wave of destruction and I know this is the moment I've been waiting for, the moment I was born for. I heave my 410 lbs of cheeto dusted sex apeal away from my computer leaving the World of Warcraft party raid and best friends of these past 5 years without the slightest hesitation. I am only slightly out of breath as I sprint across the expansive 1 bedroom apartment I've called home for these past 7 years. Its not much to look at but it was mine and all I could afford on my S.S. Disability and wife's walmart paychecks. I quickly glance around the rest of the small abode and grab.....

Bag- Wifes purse, this bag of mystery holds an endless amount of useful items that somehow produces the exact item needed with only an hour of shuffling through the millions of useless items.

Pistol & Rifle- After quickly dashing to grab my wifes purse (as any real man would) I would quickly enter my gun vault and grab my trusty G17 and ar15... but then the glint of my xdm45 catches my eye and my brain briefly replays every single .45 vs 9mm web argument ever posted. I haven't quite caught my breath and I figure its as good a time as any for a quick insulin shot and I ponder a bit more. The AK would be a fine choice but I wont be caught dead killing an alien horde with a commie plinkster, that also easily discounts the sagia and sks.... The 308 holds some real knock down power and who knows what kind of armor the aliens will be equipped with.....

Ok this is getting a little long now.......

Would grab a practical handgun probably a glock although it could depend on what I had been shooting alot lately, its hard to beat a .22lr for a rifle they're very pratical

Walk two miles a day, every day rain or shine but not in the snow. Too old to carry a heavy pack but can still walk a bit.

You could probably walk all day at a moderate pace then. Sounds like you know what load you can carry also.

I fear most are not so realistic. They will lay down and die under a pile of guns and ammo.
Maybe a few will be healthy and strong enough. But most are delusional! :s0140:

Deal is alot of people won't be able to bug out for one reason or another. Being fit is optimal but if you are not then you will dig in to fight.

I have a R92 Carbine and a GP100 (.357 and some really quiet .38 specials that would make my 200 rounds) I believe that just like @deadeye a shared caliber is best.

You could probably walk all day at a moderate pace then. Sounds like you know what load you can carry also.

I fear most are not so realistic. They will lay down and die under a pile of guns and ammo.
Maybe a few will be healthy and strong enough. But most are delusional! :s0140:

I know I can pack an Elk quarter for miles and miles along with my pack and rifle and other trinkets...

I have no doubt that my Dora pack won't weight me down with all my jerky and beanie babies...I also have their certificates of authenticity along! Just in case!!!

Hunting is the reason I stay in shape the rest of the year.;)

I like to see a lot of country when I hunt. And I want it to be effortless.
I don't like to suck wind like my friends.
Some are so out of shape they miss the best part of being in the woods.

One friend is so out of shape. He made me stop hunting last year, and put on my Medic hat. I thought for sure he was gona have a heart attack a half mile from the truck! :s0140:

He said he's done hunting.
Sad to see people stop doing what they love. Just to keep a lifestyle that's killing them.:(

Used to hunt all the time but getting old is getting out of shape. Only because if you break something it doesn't heal very fast on old people. Had lots of fun hunting in all kinds of areas and you are right that some are more fit than others... but it was still fun.

If I was certain I had to leave I would take a bag full of food and water, a suppressed rifle and a Glock 17. Nothing too heavy but with plenty of power to defend myself. Odds are like most people the journey would end when the food runs out.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews