JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wife wants a knife and multi tool. What a problem right!?

I'm happy to give her one of my many but she wants her own 🙄😂. So the question is which one!?! The knife im gonna leave up to her and help guide her on, but thought I might get some thoughts from y'all on what multi tool or "leathermen" you and/or your wives carry and why?

My wife liked the look of the leathermen Signal, but it looked a bit gimmicky to me. I am partial to Leatherman as they've always worked great for me and have an amazing breakage exchange policy.

Gimme y'all's thoughts 😬

My wife has a Gerber Dime that she hates to admit using a lot more than she wants to, because I got it for her.

If pliers are not a must-have for her multi tool, I would strongly recommend the Leatherman Free T4 or K4 series. In the case of the K4, it would also serve more than adequately as a dedicated pocket knife!

Links to more information:

My wife has a Gerber Dime that she hates to admit using a lot more than she wants to, because I got it for her.
+1 for the dime.
Even if it's in addition to a larger multi plier. For around $20 , I buy them almost every time I see them.
gerber-dime-1.jpg

Depends on how she's planning on carrying it? EDC in the purse or handbag means smaller form factor... then again, if she's packin around one of those giant sewing bags, just give her a whole dewalt tool set!

Joking aside, +1 for the Dime, great utility in a small and convenient package, and at a reasonable price.

It highly depends on what she wants to be able to do with it. My daughter loves her skeletool. It's not bulky/heavy, fits in the hand well and covers the basics of what she actually uses the most. A knife large enough to be menacing if needed , useable sized pliers, wire cutters and a screwdriver.

YMMV

I NOTED THAT : You live in Washougal (next to Vancouver, WA).

So then......
IMHO......

You (and your wife) live really close (well, close enough) to the Leatherman Factory Store. So, drive down there and take a good look around.

BTW......when I have/had visiting friend(s) from Hawaii.......Yup, we went down there.

Other factory stores that we have also visited is Benchmark Knives and Danner Boots. Then, speaking of factories......well, the annual sale at Kershaw is also well worth the trip (though you have to be there on that particular weekend).

Aloha, Mark

PS......another plus is the NO SALES TAX in OR.

Last Edited:
Might I suggest an option I find compact, available in a variety of configurations, and elegant: the Victorinox Swiss army knife. There are even options with pliers (including a full size option) if those are a must. They fit well in a pocket and there's a dizzying array of color choices, designs, and layouts if you're willing to look around and see what the secondary market has available. A separate dedicated knife may not even be needed (heresey!!).

I wish her luck! Finding the perfect knife or multitool is an exciting process.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top