JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So disaster hits, the big one.

you have enough time to grab one bag, one handgun with 100 rounds , one rifle with 100 rounds and step out of the door before your house collapses catches fire and everything is lost.

What bag / Handgun / Rifle do you take and why?

What if the bag I have has more than 100 rounds in it?

I have an Osprey in the closet, read to roll with gear for at least a week. Handgun would be a toss up between my M&P 9 and my CZ 75 PCR. Rifle would be my AR.

Last Edited:
Bag: My (hopefully) fully stocked go bag

Handgun: Assuming this is primarily self defense, my Glock 21 is most likely, though my carry gun is just fine too - M&P 9c - it might be both because I'll likely already have the M&P on my hip.

Rifle: Assuming this is more for hunting, but also for secondary defense, I may grab my lightweight Ruger American .22wmr. But I'd be tempted to rather choose a shotgun with a mix of bird shot, some slugs and buck shot, for backup defense. Probably the Mossberg 500 with both barrels, long and short, keeping the short barrel on most times for defense, lighter weight and maneuverability. Long barrel for hunting, assuming I get to stash that in my bag ;)

sorry what I meant to say was...
I would grab my Dora the Expolerer backpack and 6 weeks worth of jerky and and my collectable beanie babies!!

Last Edited:
package deal, all sits together

medical, fire, water filtration, shelter building, MRE, ammo, commo ,batteries,multitool, light, chem lights,maps, compass, GPS, CZ75 SP-01,AR15

IMG_0020_zps5a04174a.jpg

BOB with the usual items: first aid, water filter, food, signal device, fire starter, extra socks, para cord, etc.
rifle: Marlin 357/38 1894.
Handgun: 4" stainless 357/38.

rifle handgun use same ammo so if one is out of commission or lost/dropped all ammo is still usable.
both firearms could be for defense and hunting, half would be leverlution style.

I most likely would not leave my property as there are a lot of resources here, unlike someone who may be limited in the city.

Shoot, my "go bag" right now is all for wound management. No food or water in it.
I do have some in my vehicle.
So aside from the honor system..

If we're just planning this:
Drago assault pack (mines hung in there)

Pistol: Glock 17, its light. All my mags are loaded for it its GTG.

Rifle.. Here Im torn.. Im an AK guy.. Yet.. I also need to think about weight which brings me to an AR.. Yet I want the awesome takedowness of a .308 as well which brings me to my M1A..

In the end, Id go with my AK.. I want to be able to shoot through concealment with ease yet not pack the weight of a .308 and its mags.

My mags would be my circle 10s..
The AK of choice? Surprisingly.. Probably an M70AB2 under folder at this point in time.
Out of ALL my AKs.. I need something compact yet stout to fire from the shoulder. It seems to fit the bill.

Shoot, my "go bag" right now is all for wound management. No food or water in it.
I do have some in my vehicle.
So aside from the honor system..

If we're just planning this:
Drago assault pack (mines hung in there)

Pistol: Glock 17, its light. All my mags are loaded for it its GTG.

Rifle.. Here Im torn.. Im an AK guy.. Yet.. I also need to think about weight which brings me to an AR.. Yet I want the awesome takedowness of a .308 as well which brings me to my M1A..

In the end, Id go with my AK.. I want to be able to shoot through concealment with ease yet not pack the weight of a .308 and its mags.

My mags would be my circle 10s..
The AK of choice? Surprisingly.. Probably an M70AB2 under folder at this point in time.
Out of ALL my AKs.. I need something compact yet stout to fire from the shoulder. It seems to fit the bill.
Pictures or it never happened!;)

Osprey Aether 70, BLR Lightweight '81 Takedown in .308, and Glock 23 (not in my bag as it's always on me). Inside is a tent, sleeping bag, water purifier, food, first aid, etc. It's all under 30 pounds, easy to transport, relatively lightweight, and has been tested in real conditions to verify everything works.

I'm assuming vehicles are a no go as well. I have a non-transportable, more comprehensive, and comfortable kit (minus rifle) in mine.

Osprey Aether 70, BLR Lightweight '81 Takedown in .308, and Glock 23 (not in my bag as it's always on me). Inside is a tent, sleeping bag, water purifier, food, first aid, etc. It's all under 30 pounds, easy to transport, relatively lightweight, and has been tested in real conditions to verify everything works.

I'm assuming vehicles are a no go as well. I have a non-transportable, more comprehensive, and comfortable kit (minus rifle) in mine.
I use that same pack. Aether 70 is an awesome choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top