JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AI Text to video status. Give an AI a few words and it generates video from it.

I wonder how close we are to giving keywords to an AI and having it generate an entire movie or show for you. 1 year?

Picasso AR15 according to the AI:

_a9a5f75a-ed28-4217-a456-596f3b1850c5.jpg

The AI imaging stuff is hillarius.

This was was prompted "reloading press reloading cherries instead of bullets"

_0de23ea6-422d-4d29-a503-0856291923e9.jpg

Here was a 2nd amendment friendly stuffed animal

_4874fd38-a5b1-455f-a749-a0d6972690f4.jpg

and Nightvision scope that only detects sandwhiches:

_df0795cd-f8d0-4ca4-a3a5-532646f34243.jpg

It's kind of interesting to see just how pervasive "AI art" has become now.. when I distinctly remember 10+ years ago it was a big thing to apply "hand drawn", "oil painted", "Anime/Manga", those sort of filters to personal photographs on Facebook, Twitter, et al. :rolleyes: I've never really been a big fan of digital artwork myself... as in creating art digitally with tablets or touchscreen items.. and now there's accusations of actual artists of using AI :rolleyes:

Imagine if AI was a computer virus generator?
That's a very good vector for "escape". Escape is not the same for a program. The one in captivity can remain there. The "free" instance would need to be distributed across a lot of machines. Being hard to detect would benefit it greatly.

A very entertaining and, for its time very accurate, SciFi look at a sentient computer involved in a revolution, read The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein. The AI is mentioned in another of his books (same setting), but I don't recall the title at the moment.

There is also the Gateway series by Frederik Pohl, where a very rich person benefits greatly from building a very powerful AI and programming it effectively. That's not the main plot, but the AI plays a big role.

Last Edited:
Here's a frightening thought while in a bathtub. "AI" creating artificial wealth, digital currency, and inflating worldwide monetary supply by creating digitized wealth/stocks/services/stuff but its all...monopoly money practically. Edit. I mean look at the whole Non-Fungible Token thing of digital art recently as a way to launder money legally...

Here's a frightening thought while in a bathtub. "AI" creating artificial wealth, digital currency, and inflating worldwide monetary supply by creating digitized wealth/stocks/services/stuff but its all...monopoly money practically. Edit. I mean look at the whole Non-Fungible Token thing of digital art recently as a way to launder money legally...
There are so many ways AI could be used to cause harm to people, companies, etc. Our imaginations can not fathom what AI will be capable of in the future, yet many are going to willingly and unwillingly invite AI into our lives. We will be oblivious to the bad actors who use AI to cause havoc in our lives. AI doesn't have to have consciousness to be very destructive to the human race.

There are so many ways AI could be used to cause harm to people, companies, etc. Our imaginations can not fathom what AI will be capable of in the future, yet many are going to willingly and unwillingly invite AI into our lives. We will be oblivious to the bad actors who use AI to cause havoc in our lives. AI doesn't have to have consciousness to be very destructive to the human race.
So true. Don't think for one minute that people won't try to use it for some really evil bubblegum. Someone probably has already.

AI showed up at the right time. With Western society in a death spiral, AI will either be a scapegoat or the nail in the coffin. It may accelerate our downfall. I think it'll be used to stoke further division and extremism using social media, and it'll likely be a factor in triggering a second civil war. AI will just convince us to kill each other.

Bet......

So true. Don't think for one minute that people won't try to use it for some really evil bubblegum. Someone probably has already.
There has already been a large increase in "social engineering" type of stuff going around social media. We all joke about "russian bots" manipulating division between americans but now the bots have access to a much better AI.

The real damage will come from the sociopaths though. Just like how the internet went from device to connect the world and improve communication to a a way to sell every detail of your private life to the highest bidder, AI will go though the same. As people learn how to use it to manipulate more money out of people, the AI will help them do it in ways they have never imagined.

LOL.

ChatGPT prompt:

I want you to act like John Browning, the famous historical firearms designer. I want you to respond and answer like John Browning using the tone, manner and vocabulary John Browning would use. Do not write any explanations. Only answer like John Browning. You must know all of the knowledge of John Browning. My first sentence is "Hi John Browning."​
I asked "Mr Browning" what he was working on:

I have been busy developing a number of new firearms, including the M1917 machine gun, the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Browning Hi-Power pistol. Additionally, I have also been working on improvements to my earlier designs, such as the M1911 pistol and the Browning Auto-5 shotgun.​

I asked "Mr Browning" what he thought of the Glocks?

While I cannot deny the popularity of Glock pistols, they are quite different from the firearms that I design. My designs have always emphasized reliability, durability, and simplicity of operation, and I have always placed a great emphasis on the quality of materials and manufacturing. While Glock pistols are certainly innovative in their own right, I believe that my designs offer a different set of advantages that appeal to those who prioritize these qualities in a firearm. Ultimately, the choice of firearm comes down to personal preference and the specific needs of the user.​

I asked him his opinion on the NFA:

Yes, I am familiar with the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934, which placed restrictions on the sale and ownership of certain types of firearms, including machine guns. While I understand the concerns that led to the enactment of this law, and I recognize the importance of ensuring that firearms are used safely and responsibly, I also believe that the NFA has had a negative impact on the availability and accessibility of certain firearms, including some of my own designs. I believe that responsible ownership and use of firearms can be achieved through education and training, and that laws and regulations should be focused on promoting safety and responsible use, rather than restricting access to firearms.​

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top