JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is a 660 in .308. I love it, but since my back has been destroyed, the recoil is too much. It's great to have such a light, manageable rifle in this thick timber, but the recoil could one day actually do some damage to me. Mine also has a Weaver 4x..

Speaking of recoil, I gather that the 600 was offered in .350 Remington Magnum. Now that's a little game (and shoulder) smackin rig right there.

Mine is a 660 in .308. I love it, but since my back has been destroyed, the recoil is too much. It's great to have such a light, manageable rifle in this thick timber, but the recoil could one day actually do some damage to me. Mine also has a Weaver 4x.

Given my current situation, I have to say that a Remington 770 in .270 is one of the most accurate rifles I ever owned. $290 off the shelf and the boresighted Bushnell is dead on at 200 yards.

The ridiculous accuracy being culled out of $300-400 rifles is amazing. My next new rifle purchase will be a Ruger American($350+-), Remington 783($350+-) or one of the Savage/Nikon packages($450-500, including good glass). Probably in 7mm-08(the old Remington 788 is just about unmatched in accuracy per dollar and was arguably the foundation of the 7mm-08, along with the Model Seven.) or .308.
I wish some of the budget guns would chamber in 6.5 Swede or 7x57. Criminally underappreciated cartridges.
Mines a model 600 in .243 with an old school fixed 4x leupold made the first year they were made in 1965 if I remember right. It's an amazing rifle in my opinion.

The ridiculous accuracy being culled out of $300-400 rifles is amazing. My next new rifle purchase will be a Ruger American($350+-), Remington 783($350+-) or one of the Savage/Nikon packages($450-500, including good glass). Probably in 7mm-08(the old Remington 788 is just about unmatched in accuracy per dollar and was arguably the foundation of the 7mm-08, along with the Model Seven.) or .308.
I wish some of the budget guns would chamber in 6.5 Swede or 7x57. Criminally underappreciated cartridges.

I can attest to the Ruger American in .308... I have a Luepold 4x12-40 on it and has only gotten better as the barrel has gotten its "copper equilibrium" (LOL) and can put three rounds into a dime-sized group if I do my part.

It slings 150gr. Hornady SST, and 180gr. Remington Core-Lokt nicely. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top