JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a personal rule against using statistics as much as I can. The issue is that statistics often leave out factors that could be, or are, important for the viewer to understand.

Some statistics also don't take into consideration that coincidence can play into it. Not saying statistics are bad, but for the most part people will read into them too much without considering the issues that come with statistics.

Last Edited:
What Jackwad came up with that conclusion?! Everyone knows guns kill people! They break out of safes and sneak out from behind corners and slip out of the house everyday and go on killing sprees. I'm pretty sure one of mine has moved since day before yesterday! Or did I just not put her back the way she was?:rolleyes:

I have a personal rule against using statistics as much as I can. The issue is that statistics often leave out factors that could be, or are, important for the viewer to understand.

Some statistics also don't take into consideration that coincidence can play into it. Not saying statistics are bad, but for the most part people will read into them too much without considering the issues that come with statistics.

This basically is what I was trying to say. Statistics are important to know, but they go both ways so just use them cautiously. Correlation does not mean causation...

I have to agree about statistics...didn't somebody one say, or write...'There are lies, da**ed lies, and statistics.'

On the other tentacle, you only have to go to a district morgue in Chicago or Detroit on any Monday morning, and do a count of the toes with labels on 'em.

Two locales with draconian gun laws, and the highest number of gun-related deaths north of Guadalajara....

Sure, the high number of guns is directly related to the high number of deaths from their misuse, but thems is ALL illegal guns, being used illegally.

No need for statistics there, boys, just count the bodies.

Meanwhile, back in the legal open carry states a person with nefarious intent would need to be crazy to try anything that wasn't sneaky - just in case the person they decided to relieve of their billfold took exception to it, and gave them the contents of a magazine instead.

tac

I have to agree about statistics...didn't somebody one say, or write...'There are lies, da**ed lies, and statistics.'
That brings up the issue of bias with statistics. Its not very difficult to mess with the data to skew the results, especially when doing it intentionally to get the result you want.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top